Tricks to reduce bloating?

Options
I've been better about how much and what I eat and the bloating has gone down greatly. I wait a few hours before I eat breakfast but I'm still struggling with reducing bloating. Does anyone have any tips/suggestion?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You mean gassy? Did you up your vegetable/fruit intake? When I did a 10 fruit/vegetable challenge, I got seriously gassy. I needed to ease into my uptake of fibrous foods.
  • hopefuldreamfairy
    hopefuldreamfairy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    More so everything just sits in my stomach. That it just expands. Not gassy.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    If you mean fat, then a calorie deficit is what you need. Keep plugging away.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    If everything you eat makes you feel uncomfortably full, like it's just sitting there, you should discuss that with a doctor. Having a belly bump after a meal is normal for some people, especially if you're very lean. But if you aren't eating large meals and feel uncomfortable, I don't think that's normal.

Have you made big changes to the kind of food you eat recently? That could cause digestion issues.

If you just always have a belly bump and you don't feel uncomfortable, it could just be a combo of that being where you naturally retain body fat and bad posture (speaking from experience there :blush: )
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    If you are feeling bloated, it may be a food sensitivity. A FODMAP diet may help you figure out what you are sensitive to. I get bloated after a high carb meal. It isn't uncomfortable, so I ignore it. I tend to retain water a lot when I eat more carbs.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    It could be a myriad of reasons that could be causing the bloating. I should know, as I'm a "serial bloater." What may help is to pay close attention to the foods you eat before you bloat. For me, it's a lot of different foods: cruciferous vegetables (raw is worse), protein powder, and starchy carbs at night will often cause me to feel bloated for a couple of hours the next morning (even minimally processed). Then, there's the bloat I get from salted foods, and I get hormone bloat at various times in my cycle (with ovulation and PMS being the worst).

What I do to help with some of that is drinking Kombucha once a day as well as taking a digestive enzyme. I think I just have also learned to deal with it. Getting up and moving can help a lot too. I know at certain times of the month it can help to avoid certain foods to lessen bloat.
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I get really bloated as well, and have only ever managed it through fairly extreme changes to my diet, like cutting all gluten, dairy, carbs, things like that. Which are not things I care to do over the long term, so would rather be bloated and happy with a bowl of ice cream than unbloated (is that a word?) and feeling deprived.