Geeks with 50+ Adipose to Lose! Where are you at?

Replies

• J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    Physicist who works with lasers. Star Wars, Star Trek, all things space and time.

That sounds cool, but what do you actually do with those lasers?

I ones worked at a planetarium and observatory. The lasers used thee were just pointers to show you different things in the night sky.

Sorry I just saw this. We provide high energy density IR lasers for research. Everything from EOS measures to probing of molecular structures to inertial confinement fusion.
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    [
    Sorry I just saw this. We provide high energy density IR lasers for research. Everything from EOS measures to probing of molecular structures to inertial confinement fusion.

Awesome.

Thanks for answering. 🙂

----

Also, happy new year. Maybe one of us should figure out how to set up that group.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    Hello fellow geeks, popped in to say Hi.

I manage a couple of groups here, so took the liberty of creating one:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/139294-geeks-of-mfp-🧙🏻‍-️🧛🏻‍-️🧚🏻‍-️
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Hey geek squad. Always have been a geek. And proud of it. Browncoats are shiny. The best Star Wars movie is Rogue One, but Luke will forever be may fave. Ravenclaw. Marvel>DC. Wheel of Time finally got it's chance at tv!

So, fellow geeks, as I make my return to MFP, it's been a tick, glad you are all here.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Hello fellow geeks, popped in to say Hi.

I manage a couple of groups here, so took the liberty of creating one:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/139294-geeks-of-mfp-🧙🏻‍-️🧛🏻‍-️🧚🏻‍-️

Come on folks, don't leave me hanging! Invited you all to it. Love to hear what everyone's currently watching/reading/playing and also what your health & fitness goals are.
  • KellieLou412
    KellieLou412 Posts: 17 Member
    The adipose are just too cute!
    I have 55lbs to lose. Taking it one pound at a time to get to goal by the end of the year x
  • jeeves19831
    jeeves19831 Posts: 15 Member
    Hi Guys. Im a bit of a secret geek. Looking to shift 40kg in total.
  • _wild_phoenix_
    _wild_phoenix_ Posts: 31 Member
    Im in! Major geek here with 60 to lose
  • tinkerbellang83
    @KellieLou412 @jeeves19831 @_wild_phoenix_ invitations winging their way, or just follow the link above with the wizard emoji.
  • tracydnevins
    tracydnevins Posts: 27 Member
    Hi paper uni!!! I’ve been called “Geeky”, and truly, it would be an honor to be one! You can be the judge. I’m here making round TWO on MFP , hoping something sticks. The Adipose are adorbs, love the bugers! Since Capaldi, I admit I just haven’t been keeping up with the Doc. I’d like to be added to a weight loss group filled with liked minded people who are going through the same struggles, and trying to achieve similar goals, all while gaining support and offering it too!! Reading is my passion , and PaperUni....I think I might know you from Etsy :)
  • SunnyBunBun79
    SunnyBunBun79 Posts: 2,228 Member
    Are Dorks allowed too? I'm prety dorky... sometimes geeky.. ALL THE KYs!! I need to lose 50 lbs at the very least!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Are Dorks allowed too? I'm prety dorky... sometimes geeky.. ALL THE KYs!! I need to lose 50 lbs at the very least!

I've sent you an invite
  • SunnyBunBun79
    SunnyBunBun79 Posts: 2,228 Member

I've sent you an invite

woohoo! I'm in! thanks!
  • tinkerbellang83
    BUMP
  • Thearchybunker78
    Thearchybunker78 Posts: 317 Member
    Geeks unite! SciFi junky myself even though I love the outdoors with a fierce passion. Star Wars Return of the Jedi was the first movie I ever saw in the theaters. I was hooked for life! I have 50lbs to lose. Would love to have like minded friends in my corner and be in your corner as well.

Add me up Scotty!
  • LegionOfZoom
    LegionOfZoom Posts: 196 Member
    Reporting for duty!
  • ajlmfp22
    ajlmfp22 Posts: 54 Member
    This is my first time actually posting here in the time I've been using MyFitnessPal. I started at about 210 lbs. and managed to get down to 193 lbs. pre-pandemic before the COVID Nation attacked and everything changed. Ended up gaining most of that weight back and going back up to 206 lbs. before gyms in New Jersey started opening again. Haven't quite decided where I want to work down to yet though.

Main reason why I'm back on this grind is because I want to do a Professor Kukui cosplay from Pokémon SM/USUM. Maybe the Masked Royal also if I get to that level of confidence lmao

vvvi9zoczj8f.png
    lqn1tx3suwci.png

• tinkerbellang83
    You should all have an invitation winging it's way to you.

zpav97hsh4jb.png
  • punkeymonkey529
    punkeymonkey529 Posts: 3 Member
    I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but i am a geek. Love Doctor Who, Star Wars. I love to read, and play some video games.
  • MissDork
    MissDork Posts: 4 Member
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    Hi! I think I meet both criteria: looking to get healthy and being nerdy.

Proof: Bullet points.

— 5’10”, 49yo. 10 lbs down, 30 to go. That won’t get me quite to the ideal BMI, but I’ll reassess when I get there. I’m not looking to wear a bikini. I’m looking to live a long, healthy life.*

— We’re going in a Star Trek cruise in early 2022 for our 20th anniversary. But we’re not telling anyone it’s an ST cruise, lest we be mocked incessantly for the next year. We have to maintain some dignity. :)

I’ve been with MFP for a long time, off and on. This is the way.

* I tried to resist, but failed: “I’m looking to live long and prosper.”

* Because resistance is futile.

OMG! We're going on that cruise, too!
    My old Star Trek Engineering bathing suit doesn't fit anymore, and ThinkGeek was bought by GameStop and they no longer offer them. I'm filled with all sorts of bitterness. ;)

Happy Anniversary!