WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2021

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    Barbara - We used to do those Sunday drives growing up where we would just show up at someone's house too. I can't imagine doing that now even to my own daughters.

Machka - I don't know where the calcification is showing on her brain. She loses her thoughts regularly, and forgets what she is saying mid sentence sometimes. This is new since she had the skin cancer removed in June, she is waiting for a MRI but Covid has slowed everything down.

Heather - I though Bea and Michaela must be close to the same age. Michaela turned 5 on Jan 3.
    I think puppies eat whatever they can get their little paws on. LOL Yay for the Haggis!

Theresa - I think that's what they called them too now that you mention it. I agree about the interaction on a phone. The listener can hear so much in tone and inflections that you just don't get in text. My Mother and Father in law delivered papers for quite a few years in their rural area. My MIL loved it, but when she had her heart attack my FIL made her give it up. She did for a couple of years then went back to delivering flyers. When she had her second heart attack he stopped her completely and I don't know that she has forgiven him yet.

Lisa - Rodger has those days too, thankfully they are not common.

We have a windchill of -33C this morning, the temp is -23. It's quite a shock to the system since we have been running around -2 to -5. Saturday was our coldest day since last January apparently.

Off and running, I need to get to work.
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, livestream church, met Treas at fire hall, 24 mins Leslie Sansone.
    Bonus: 58! mins decluttering keyboard & filing, added Joe and myself to the vaccination waiting list, reconciled and entered 8 (March-Apr) call sheets into NFIRS.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call vet, can I bring Tumble in with Shadow for nails?, check to Cal-Ore, pick up Joe’s watch, Post Office trace missing filters, BiMart, Grocery Outlet, employer letters to Freddie’s, call S, call C, call R, FM Cu, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, research effective conflict resolution, index mutual aid files, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, Sleeping with the Devil, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, End-February call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Happier January:
    24: Put away digital devices and focus on being in the moment: at some time today with Joe.

Day one of pouring down rain. Nearly an hour decluttering, filing organizing the mess on the keyboard. Down to one pile and one binder. What is it about flattish surfaces that attract paper???

Heather your dawn pictures are gorgeous, so beautiful… from the warm inside ;) Sleet? :noway: “Fart pot” ROTFLMAO!
    Lisa “surprise” cedars, LOL!
    Machka con VERY grats to you and your DH for the 50 k. All things considered that is an accomplishment in which you can take much pride. And Brava for hosting the 600 k for those 3 brave riders.
    KJ What is it about men’s selective hearing? SMH. So excited for your licensing!
    Julie 200 students! Wow. How long is the term?
    Barbie was going to start on our taxes now that I’ve unearthed some of the forms, but chose to focus on the FireHall grant prep work due to its sooner deadline. What you’ve said about decision fatigue resonates, and helps when I remember to simplify. ;)
    Seems impossible to me, like to Betsy, that January is nearly done. Haven’t done even one strength training session (SWSY or BB&B.) Won’t today either, too much running around. Tuesday before zoom chat for sure!
    Katla :cry: :rage::heartbreak: I must believe that poisoner came back as one of his victims, with full knowledge of what he was doing to himself. God forgive me but I’m that vindictive.
    Tracey what you said about kitchen parties and visiting. Mama and Papa used to take Sunday drives, many of which included a drop in visit unannounced. That would be awkward today. When we visited relatives in St. Louis, everyone always gathered in the kitchen, whether or not we were eating. Many warm memories of laughter and good times. Your insights about voice calls vs text are spot on. While I’m much more comfortable texting than talking on the phone, giving the gift of really listening is worth a little discomfort.
    Annie good to see you checking in. You have been in my thoughts.
    Teresa in OH, like what you said about Machka’s ABC challenge and winter doldrums.
    Meg so sorry for your loss. Hope the other cat edging up onto your bed provides some comfort.
    Pip so tell us the quilt’s story?
    Kylia thanks for sharing those dumplings ;)
    Ginny admire your persistence, and energy, to paint doors after a full workday.
    Dee con VERY grats for taking off those 4.9 lbs. Well done!

Church secretary announced that the hospital (next door) had online vaccine waiting list signups for the 65+ population. She offered to help any who aren’t comfortable online or don’t have reliable internet (a common problem in our remote rural county.) Signed both Joe and me up, likely won’t be called ‘til next month. Do I get Shingrix now assuming 2+ weeks before C-19 vax?

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    January: leaner/stronger/kinder than December.
    daily: sit with Joe: 23, weigh/wii: 24/12/36 steps>5592=4608 would have been worse if not for Leslie Sansone, vits=23 log=24 CI<CO=22 CI<250<CO=18 Tumble 5=21 Shadow 5=21 mfp=24 outside=24 up hill=21
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3 =2 rx=3 dance=4 clean 60 mins=6.5 packwalk=2, wt=1/3:144.2, 1/10: 142. 1/17: 142.4 1/24: 140!!!
    mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant=2 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=13 play=19 sew=1 waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

I had a quilt made of Kirby’s running and biking tshirts awhile ago. Now those are some of my T-shirts that I gave to a lady before I left Washington so she could make a quilt for me. It’s not done yet but this is what she’s come up with so far. She will then ship to me after I pay her
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)

:) Every part of our house gets enjoyed every day so there are no favorites just places that are best for a specific activity.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

You said this so much better and with way fewer words than I.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    Michele“Hey, if Barbara and Rita could have a “visit”, what do you think of an MFP “visit”?

Michele NC“

I think it would be wonderful but very difficult to set up do to time zones. We are all over the place!

RvRita
  • dandl1986
    dandl1986 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Oh Tracey I feel that I should not be complaining. -33 is REALLY cold. BRRR
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Day 5 of IF. I am trying to do 18/6 but think it is more likely 17/7.

Carol in GA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    Still fasting 16-18 hrs daily, my oil mix I rub on my bowel and lower back area once or twice a day. Seems to help! I’m amazed at that! Still walking 15-30 min a day. Doesn’t sound like much but between bathroom runs and stomach aches and pains it’s better than not at all. Starting to feel better. I have a doctor appointment Thursday to go over routine blood work. I will definitely bring up this tummy issue. Still waiting on urologist call.

RvRita
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Last week I found a recipe online to make my own sauerkraut in a mason jar! And it's ready to eat today! I'll be having it for lunch. I need the probiotics, as I've been having some difficulty being on a low(er) carb diet. I did find a fiber product that I like, so I also started that this week. I also have a keto choc chip cookie recipe that I simply LOVE and have made several times since Thanksgiving. I limit myself to 2 cookies per day ONLY if I get in my 60 mins of exercise for the day. I was going to make them today, but decided that since today is a REST day for me, I better hold off. (I know I'll want some warm out of the oven!) I'll wait and make them tomorrow! 😍 I'm a chocolate-aholic so I NEED my little taste of chocolate every now and again! :wink: (I've lost 30 lbs in 4 months, but lately I've stalled just a little - probably those cookies!)

Since it's a REST DAY, I'll get my 20mins in on my mini trampoline and that'll be all for me today. My knees have been bothering me lately and I'm guessing it's a combo of the cold weather AND my constant walking and jogging (treadmill), and jumping (rebounding).

It's icy and COLD here, with freezing rain (this morning) and I have NO DESIRE to go outside at all today! Lol. Just snuggling in my recliner and catching up with y'all on this thread! Happy Monday!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Well, we played the bagpipes, (on my phone) and we read the Burns poem, Address to a Haggis. Then I stabbed it . :D>:):D
    Heaven!!!!
    I called the meal 900 calories, but I'm still just under for the day because of 900 burn. :o
    8v79yc8v1ynd.jpg
    It was very sweet that DH'S friend rang him just before. Last year he and his wife joined us for the meal and they stayed the night. Too much whisky to drive home)!! We reminisced.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    About texting vs a phone call -- I prefer a text. I tend to have long silences on the phone while I think of something to say. I don't have to answer a text so fast. And I really like having the opportunity to edit myself. I think some people have strong preferences for one or the other, but neither one is intrinsically better.

My diet is bedevilled by a lemon meringue pie my mom bought. This time I mean it when I say " No more!"

Today is a rest day for exercise. I have a zoom meditation group at four, but that won't be calming this time because the group is falling apart. Will I speak my truth or be conciliatory? We shall see. Truth is I do it for the company.

I'm hovering right above 170 pounds. But I'm making progress towards doing a push-up. The struggle goes on.

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    💖
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Zwift bike trainer - 40.47min, 125elev, 22.2amph, 136ahr, 159mhr, 15.07mi= 411c
    Strava app = 366c
    Walk w/family- 1hr 30min 53sec, 67elev, 81ahr, 113mhr, 5.32mi= 498c
    Strava app = 645c

Total cal 909
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Michele: I did the whole sourdough thing a couple of times. It went well the first time and we loved using it for sourdough pancakes (before I was doing keto). Eventually it "died" in the fridge because I didn't use it often enough. The second time I tried making it from scratch and it just never really took off. Now I'm doing keto and won't eat sourdough bread or pancakes. Did YOUR sourdough turn out ok?

Debbie: I'm so sorry to read about your dad's passing away. It's never easy to lose a parent, I'm so so sorry. {{HUGS}} I lost my dad at Thanksgiving 2015 and then my mom 18 months later. Both seemed to be healthy at the time of their deaths…..which were never anticipated by myself or my siblings.

Kay: I looked up your sweet potato pie recipe on the skinny taste website and might just have to give that one a try! It's going on my to do list as well!

Bananas: I'd be interested in your GF carrot cake recipe as well! Could you share? Or tell me where to find it online?

My DH is sitting here reading an article to me about how Ohio is "dead last" of all the 50 states in giving out the vaccine. DH was a pharmacist for 40 years until he retired in 2020. He is certainly riled up and ranting about these numbers. :neutral:

❤️ Teresa in OH
    (below is a pic of myself and my hubby Jim in 2018 when we went on vacation to Maine).
    o4snrsh11lrx.jpg
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Okie, Received you treasure box today! Thank you so much! Love the cards, and have the Beijing book on the coffee table to peruse!👍💖 I am giving the small sushi felt thing to son, and I think his displayed GIJoes will be partaking in the feast.💖 I appreciate you! I am now reorganizing my cards to include yours.
    Happy and feeling blessed!
    Rebecca
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Okie, Received you treasure box today! Thank you so much! Love the cards, and have the Beijing book on the coffee table to peruse!👍💖 I am giving the small sushi felt thing to son, and I think his displayed GIJoes will be partaking in the feast.💖 I appreciate you! I am now reorganizing my cards to include yours.
    Happy and feeling blessed!
    Rebecca

Glad it made it there! I'm glad it has gone to a good home :wink:

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Another Getting To Know You Question:

You have 1 hour to spend $10,000 inside 1 store.
    Where are you going?

M in Oz
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Teresa, the sweet potato pie recipe was delicious. The cookies I made today - not so much! I had bananas that were too ripe. My plan was to make banana bread, but then this recipe came across my FB feed that was bananas, apple sauce, rolled oats, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nuts and chocolate chips. I had everything but chocolate chips, but I did have cacao nibs. Yuk! Yuk! Yuk! I seriously think I’m going to throw them out. I ate two, the second one just to convince myself that they were as bad as I first thought.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Barbie-I really like the decision fatigue reduction. I am not to the point you describe yourself, but I am moving in that direction. It is so much easier.

Tracey-glad your cousin is reaching out. I tend to think we don’t check on others as often as we should. Texting has its uses-but I have seen a number of big arguments get started by texts being misread.

Barbara AHMOD-well since my work consists of sitting in front of computer in spare bedroom, it doesn’t take much physical energy! It gets me moving some and a feeling of accomplishment.

Teresa in Ohio- This site has Ohio at 32. https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-covid-19-vaccines-administered.html

Machka-$10,000 to spend in one store in one hour? Truthfully, I can’t think of what I would want or need that comes up to $10,000.

Spent most of day working on spreadsheet to determine personal days for staff (based on hours available for work, sick leave taken, etc.) Realized I had sorted it incorrectly so data was jacked up. Decided that was a good time to go to gym! Will go back and start redo tonight after I clean up kitchen. Since I had already figured out what changes I wanted to make to last years (new pay codes added due to Covid), it won’t be that long. Been awhile since I have done that-am inserting a table first thing so I won’t do that again!

They kept calling for weather alerts today but so far a little slick this morning and some mixed precipitation throughout day. May be problems overnight, but I am in so it won’t bother me.

Well-I will not get kitchen cleaned sitting on couch (no matter how hard I think about it!)

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio