WaistAways - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    @DD265
    You are inspiring me! I have so many projects in the house I have to plan and get going on, once we can drive up our hill again in April or so. I am not comfortable with home deco, so it is always a huge effort to get anything like that going. When I was working it was easy to avoid - now I have no more excuses! I will think of you, and make lists of what I need to find, do a budget, all that fun :grimace: stuff. One of these days you will have the exercise room of your dreams to get through those icy times with style.

@eggfreak
    Yes indeed, you need to channel our Alberta members right now - it is SO cold. Layers. Really really warm mittens. Hat down to here and scarf up to there. Then walk uphill really fast as much as you can!

I love the Fauci Ouchy thing too - finally everyone will pronounce his name right!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 588 Member
    @micki48
    steps for Fri & Sat: 12,583 & 12,378
    sorry for the tardiness!

I just did the math and my weekly total was 99,999..... wow is that annoying. But it kind of fits because I had a terrible week, full of annoying things. I went completely off the rails with eating from Wednesday afternoon through basically Sunday morning. Gonna be a rough weigh-in tomorrow but what can you do. (Move forward, that's what). The weekend really took a turn for the worse because once again, the heat in my apartment cut off sometime on Saturday afternoon. It was 53 degrees indoors all day yesterday! I escaped to a friend's house for most of the day, thankfully. It seems to have come on a bit overnight, but I am working from my bed under many a blanket. I'm also very excited to give the building management company a piece of my mind today. And then promptly call Boston Inspectional Services to report them if they don't get someone over here IMMEDIATELY. Needless to say, I am very excited to be leaving this building come Feb 28.

On the maybe bright side, you burn more calories when you are cold? Or something like that. Bleh. I do plan to cook up several pounds of chicken into some nice cutlets to use this week and freeze for some weeks in the future, which is one of my favorite foods.

Hope your weeks are starting better (and cozier) than mine!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,043 Member
    @micki48 So sorry that this is late!

My step and exercise tallies for the past week are:

17th January - 4933 steps
    18th January - 2278 steps / 30 min Yoga / 5 mins Core workout
    19th January - 3143 steps / 36 min Yoga / 5 mins Core workout
    20th January - 4911 steps
    21st January - 2632 steps / 28 min Yoga / 5 mins Core workout
    22nd January - 4889 steps / 29 min Yoga / 22 mins Aerobics
    23rd January - 6600 steps / 33 min Yoga
    24th January - 2942 steps
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    I am off work today and I feel like all I have done is wait to eat lol. I have thought about food non stop almost all day, but thus far have controlled myself and am on track to stay under my calorie budget today still.

I have been leading a womens small group through my church on Mondays but we are expecting a big snow storm tonight into tomorrow so we are opting to meet on zoom instead of at church tonight. On one hand, I will miss not being with them in person. But on the other, I am glad I won't have to drive home in the snow and also looking forward to seeing my groups whole faces (we are masked when we meet at church), some of them for the first time ever while we meet on zoom tonight!
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    So far, I have just used a pedometer on my phone to measure steps. But now that I am starting to work out more instead of just walking I would like to maybe invest in a fitness/activity tracker that also measures heart rate as well as steps. Anyone have one they like and can recommend?
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    So far, I have just used a pedometer on my phone to measure steps. But now that I am starting to work out more instead of just walking I would like to maybe invest in a fitness/activity tracker that also measures heart rate as well as steps. Anyone have one they like and can recommend?

I have a Garmin Vivoactive 4S and love it. I was drawn to Garmin and as I have small wrists, the smaller size (and metal bezel) of this one. I've previously had Fitbits but I've heard mixed things about the quality, and the Garmin feels a bit more hardcore for more activities than just tracking steps.
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    @jugar my weigh-in

I’m happy!
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Met all goals today. Steps 12,324
  • jugar
    @jugar my weigh-in

I’m happy!
    WOW! That's a great drop (3.6 pounds) and @MandiSaysHey too (2.4 pounds). Look at Week 4 taking off!!

I had a hiking and stretching day - taking a break from snowshoeing to get my ouchy hip/butt to calm down. I really can't wait for the surgery that is going to make that go away, but at least I can snowshoe most days. Finally it gets too sore and asks (not very politely) for a break. It's feeling better this evening, so as long as I can prevent myself from sleeping on that side, it'll be ready to go tomorrow.

@Kali225 I hope your heat is back on! This is not a time when the heat should be taking a break. I'm really glad you're moving, but Feb 28 is a long way off. Make the landlord buy you a space heater! I'd bet you would be legally within your rights to do so. But yes, it is true, we burn more calories when trying to keep warm. Do some tough workouts to keep warm! Charge the landlord for those too :wink:

Weigh-in update -
    Sunday-Monday still due:
    @ChiaGnome
    @ells_runs
    @fuschiabolero

Due Tuesday:
    @Kali225
    @sarkrisd

If you have not checked out this week's challenge yet, it is a good one with one question per day. It provides a good moment for reflection -
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10822414/january-week-four-challenge-january-reflections#latest
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    Tomorrow I will:

<3 Log my food - DONE
    <3 Drink 80 ounces of water - ALMOST
    <3 9,000 steps - DONE
    <3 10 minutes of exercise (baby steps) - 44 MINUTES BOUNCING (TO GET MY STEPS TOO)
    <3 Read 30 minutes - Read things, but not my book yet.

It was a very rainy, cold day. I managed some cleaning and put away all the outside decorations (greens)that I threw on the porch because they were wet and vacuumed the screened porch.

Had an easy dinner. Hubs had a Chicken Pot Pie and I had a Cedarlane Chicken Souvlaki Protein Bowl. No family here tonight.

I think I will keep the same goals for tomorrow.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member

I have a Fitbit Charge 4. I really like it. It also measures my sleep cycles and gives me a sleep score. The nice thing is that many of us on the team have Fitbits and do weekly challenges together. Good luck finding something that works for you. If you decide on a Fitbit, let us know and we'll include you in our "competitions".
  • jugar
    Hey, everyone -

I just thought of ONE more thing to pester you about! I know, I know - but it helps make you feel awesome at the end of the month.

This month we started entering everyone's original highest weight into the spreadsheet so that we can celebrate when someone hits 25, 50, 75, 100 pounds lost - one of those lovely numbers to set off fireworks. I am missing some people's original starting weights, and would love you to give them to me if you choose to. Some of you have been here a while and I just didn't keep track of it, and some of you are newer but I did not catch it in your intros or something. Once it is there, you'll never need to do this again - so please post it or send it to me by message if you prefer. This highest weight can be from any time - it does not have to be from when you started with this team or with MFP.

Here is who is missing from the list:
    @ells_runs
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @conleywoods
    @eggfreak
    @SMcFall0215
    @CanadianGiraffe
    @Pearl4686
    @Steph1498
    @Gidgitgoescrazy

Thanks for this!
  • fuschiabolero
    fuschiabolero Posts: 35 Member
    Sunday walked 30 minutes mid level steps 5147
    Monday walked 45 minutes mid level 9051 steps
    PW 179
    CW 178.4
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 968 Member
    @jugar my starting weight was 255lbs
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    @jugar my starting weight for this weight loss bout was 92kg.
This discussion has been closed.