Women 200lb+, Let's Make It Count This January!!!

Replies

• VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    Heading out for our daily walk.... -17 c wind chill -26 . We are a hearty lot here in Ottawa lol. I bundle up pretty good though.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    @VickyEltonGreen wow! I went for a long walk today in 1°C and thought that was good, you're a trooper!

@goal06082021 love that car analogy, brilliant illustration. As much as I struggle with strength training I can really appreciate how important it is to ensure I have a good metabolism at goal weight, especially as I get older - it was easier at 28 than it is at 38 that's for sure!
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Hey everyone! My name is Samantha (Sam)
    SW: 346.6
    CW: 310
    GW: 250

I was wondering if anyone here has done any weight training workouts and been successful losing weight? I am currently doing Liift4 with Beachbody and I LOVE it. I feel like the inches are coming off but the pounds are staying the same.

I was hoping some women that had similar experiences and could give me some advice on ways to get to drop pounds along with the inches. Do I need to be eating more calories or adding more cardio into my workouts after the Liift (it does lifting, cardio, and core)

Thanks in advance!

1 hr of cardio, 6 days a week, 4 days weight, 2 upper body, 2 lower body alternating and one day in between. Example cardio Mon cardio, tues cardio and upper, weds cardio and lower, thurs cardio, Friday cardio and upper, Saturday cardio and lower, Sunday rest. Before I had my auto accident 10 years ago, I worked with a professional body builder to drop after my pregnancy. He was a physical therapist and pro weight compeditor. it’s about 2 hours a day pm, don’t eat after 6; preferably not after work out. if you must then a fruit or veg. Also add a morning or mid day sprint (stairs for example 25-30 mins if possible). I can’t do this now due to my physical limitations. But it worked well for me.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    My husband got the Ring Fit Adventure from his sister this evening for his birthday and I'm watching him play through the first world now. He's doing remarkably well for someone who hasn't worked out since, uh, 2015 I think. It looks really fun! I hope the leg strap for the left joycon doesn't prove to be too weak for my mighty thighs. I already have my workouts for the rest of January and February planned out, but maybe I can do this on weekends.
  • joariley2
    joariley2 Posts: 5 Member
    @Laughter_Girl Thanks for the shoutout!
  • uyister
    uyister Posts: 154 Member
    @KeriA Thank you!! I know you will crush it soon. (or maybe you have... I haven't caught up with posts yet). Just finished the first quiz of the term, will catch up soon.
  • uyister
    uyister Posts: 154 Member
    @KeriA It's great that you all got to walk outside together. Focus on eating healthy etc. and remember, those stairs count for a lot of exercises. Hope you are able to do some of the exercises you want to soon. Congrats on your presentation. Congrats on your vaccine eligibility. I hope I will be able to get mine once I get back from school!!

@holdthefries Awesome job. Keep up the good work. I am still laughing about not dreaming about eating broccoli!!

@osier5 Were you lifting weights? Maybe you gained some muscle. Congrats on the loss!!

@changeforeverlj Woo-Hoo!!! Congrats!!!

@ShannyRC Awesome job. Glad you were able to go for your walk. Speedy recovery!!

@pamiede I am so glad.

@KMC55 Way to go!! That was such a WIN and a huge loss!!

@ Dauphinbleu2019 Great goals. I am so sorry about the depression. Just take everything slow and easy to start. You can do it.

@IsETHome Youu've got this

@MuttiNM Way to go!!!

@LisaGetsMoving Thank you for the pep talk!! Awesome job on your progress.

@emmclean I love their exercise feature. I tried one a couple of months ago and it does over-estimate the calories. I just adjusted it lower to match what my Garmin shows. I have also disabled my exercise calories (I still see them, but, it is not added into my totals) so I am not tempted to eat them back. Congrats on the loss!!

@ RhondaB89 WOW!!!!!! Awesome goals.

@VickyEltonGreen That is so great. I think the best hallmark is that you feel healthier. You are listening to your body. I am trying to do that more often.

@goal06082021 Good job.

@speyerj Woo-hoo!! Awesome job maintaining. Can you share some of the Guinness pie recipe? I am finally able to do the tree pose etc on the flat floor!! Still trying to get my lunges right.

@SammyKlingler Welcome. I think that the main thing to remember with weight training is that you will get leaner first. Muscle is leaner and heavier than fat, so, while you are losing fat, you will initially gain weight, but, in a few weeks, there usually is a big woosh. At least that is how it worked for me, I usually stayed steady/gained a little over 2-3 weeks then week 3 or 4, I would drop 3-5lbs at once!!

@Laughter_Girl Congrats on the loss.

@Spotteddingo I am so happy for you. I cannot wait to get into the swimming pool here!! I learned to swim a little over 3 years ago and I haven't swum in 10+ months!!!

@starlite19 Welcome Alisha. If I can recommend something. Maybe start small. If you feel walking is not enough, maybe do some cardio exercises (modify to your ability) some channels I like on YouTube include: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3lEhUBNqIrFMatB9Zgxo0g - Reps to the Rhythm
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3wm6Rex4kcvOVpqxNHeAqg - Up to the BEat Fit
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBINFWq52ShSgUFEoynfSwg - Popsugar Fitness
    As for the meals, try having healthy snacks around, to help you eat healthy when you snack.
    I am saying this because I have been where you are. When I was 220 lbs, I said I will never get to 250lbs. When I was 280 lbs, I said I will die before I hit 300lbs. Low and behold, At the start of my weight loss journey, I was 330lbs. It was not easy, but, I started small. Initially, just going up and down the stairs 10x per day, then walking 15 minutes, then starting more cardio intense exercises (10 minutes to start, then 15, then up to 30 minutes - I would need to rest for 1 hr after) and cutting out a lot of my bad snacks, etc. The list can go on. Feel free to reach out to anyone on this forum. All here are really helpful and non-judgemental. Success!!