Serial Starters

Replies

• joariley2
    joariley2 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks for being open to new people. I actually got in a walk this morning. I've been trying to add one more block each time I walk, which today had the added benefit of making it to the river by my neighborhood. I haven't felt proud of myself in awhile, and this morning I had a little taste of feeling good about myself. I hope I can keep it up.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Good morning,

Passing through.

Joariley this group started years ago from a woman who hated closed groups, so welcome. I checked the weather and we dont get rain until evening (major storm) so I will also wander out this afternoon. Good for you and keep up the good work -give yourself credit for going a little farther. Walking helps me get the exercise I need to sleep better.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    We had snow today so half my steps so far were building a snow dragon and having a snow ball fight with my boys. 😂
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member

......better late than never!

I hope that you all had a good Sunday! See you tomorrow!

Lana
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 585 Member
    Sara, I also find that a good walk in fresh air helps me relax and sleep better. I need to do it more often.

I'm having yet another slow, quiet day. I'm glad.
  • LanaCabana537
    3q321k1tvziq.jpeg
    *** January 25th ***

Today is the 25th. To me, it feels as if it's been way more than a month since Christmas.

I have lots to do today before afternoon phone appointment. I hope we all have a good day ☀️

Lana

266.2 scale is stuck on this number
    269.6 highest
    214.0 September goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning.
    January 25th - In WI that means we have likely survived the worst of winter and it has been a mild winter. Days are an hour longer than they were at Christmas. Things are looking up!
    Had a good weekend. Didn't get on here obviously :smiley: Had a small get together yesterday with my daughter son and significant others. I was very proud that I left there feeling just satisfied - not the too full feeling that I often left with.
    Welcome Joariley! Congrats on the riverview walk! And congrats on feeling proud. You should be proud for your effort. One block every day - wait until you see where you are in another couple of weeks!
    Sara - you root veggie dinner sounded wonderful.
    Lana - thanks for starting us - have a great day!
    Maureen- don't you wonder what people who live in warm climates must think of our stories. "it was only cold on exposed skin" That sometimes is only the tip of my nose and eyes so I can see and breath :smiley:
    Have a great Monday!
    ~Lynn
  • joariley2
    joariley2 Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you for your kind words and support.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

I thought of Lynn and had to post - POTM - piss off the monster - I got a merit increase of 13 cents and hour despite her desire that I get ZERO - hate and evil dont pay off. She made sure I knew that if I hadnt gotten the merit increase I would have gotten nothing - See the math 0+0=0. What shame it didnt work out that way. I laughed all the way home. She can keep her machinations (always think of Mrs Slocombe using that word) and go sit in her corner.

Got my 6k and I will be sleeping soon.

Keep up the good work. Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • mkculs13
    Hey, all. I am really late tonight. I've been in a pattern of working all day and forgetting to eat, so I don't eat anything until late. Then I eat 2-3 small meals in a relatively short time. The downside is that I forget to move if I don't go down to the kitchen. Gotta try to move more.

Lynn, I wouldn't understand WI winter weather If I hadn't experienced it--and I lived 2 years in upstate New York. A lot more snow there, but never as cold as it gets here. But we have had a pretty mild winter and I'm not complaining. I find the bigger issue for me is how much of our winter--especially Jan--is so grey. At least the sun feels warm even if it is 0. But when it is 15 and gray and windy, ugh. And those occasionally winters like last year--yikes. My dogs can't walk on the snow when it's -20 F with a -35 wind chill. I've run in weather as cold as -6 and took my coat off a few days after that cold spell in 2014, thinking it had warmed up. Went inside to find it was 9 F. But then 9 is 29 degrees warmer than -20; you lose perspective.

But yes, we are probably unlike to get anything horrific this year, and that's a relief. And the increased hours of daylight are nice; I just wish they would be sunny.
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning!
    Sara - that is a GREAT POTM! I am so happy for you for both reasons. 13 cents and knowing she did not get her way! Congrats!
    I will post again later. Got a lot of crap at work I have to get into this am :)
  • SunflowerQueen36
    SunflowerQueen36 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Oh hey 👋
  • LanaCabana537

Hey All~~

Welcome Sunflower 👋🏻
    Hi Maureen, Hi Lynn......Just dashing through......BBL....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Monster was on a mission and not happy today - I kept out of her way as much as possible.

5500 steps and counting may not get 6k but it is more than 5k.

Cold and should be wet so lots of snow in mountains??? Hope so.

Time to bundle up and ZZZZ...

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • mkculs13
    We got a good lot of snow today. It's very pretty and now that my driveway is cleared and roads are plowed, I can really just enjoy how pretty it is. I love how quiet it is outside during a good snowfall.

No exercise for the 3rd day in a row. I hope we have a lot of sun tomorrow so I can jog without slipping. I fell into the snow this morning--not hurt at all, but so cold!

Sara, I'm sorry you have to find ways to manage your supervisor. She sounds like a real piece of work. I hope you get to give feedback on her performance. People leave bosses, not jobs. You have been a real trooper to put up with her.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2021
    4e18q4ju6p9g.jpeg
    *** January 27th ***

Hey Maureen - I am struck by what you said to Sara because it is SO true: People leave bosses, not jobs. I had never heard that before; I wish that I had.

So Sara, I hope that you have a decent day today, and give Monster a W I D E berth.

Also Maureen, I hope that you get that (safe) exercise that you crave. Glad you love the beauty and quiet of the snowfalls.

Waving to Missy and Runa and Kathryn and Dawn and Melissa and Oishii and Sunflower and Joariley and Lynn and Tracy in Tennesseeeeeeeeee 🤗

Lana

266.0 today (yesterday was a salty 267.8)
    269.6 highest
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Good morning, Cabana Crew!

Yesterday it was 65 degrees. We are expecting snow to start here in West Tennessee around noon.

My eating habits have gone off the rails again. Pretty sure I am battling a light to medium depression. Exhausted, unmotivated, less than interested in personal grooming. I know what to do, I don't have the energy to do it. I do manage to make myself presentable and partially personable when I have to interact in public.

I am so overloaded at work that I worked 16 hours on Friday and 13 on Monday to try to catch up. This is my normal busy time of year with registration renewals, but the additional duties added last year have seen a major increase. The person who sent order confirmations with drawings before me said normally there are 5-7 per week to send. I have received no less than 6 per day since November. Each file takes 30-45 minutes to complete a process. Week before last, I did 32. I'll leave you to do the math.

In addition to work, our bartender at the Moose tested positive for the dread disease. Fortunately, she was asymptomatic. The Women of the Moose pitched together and volunteered to bartend. I pulled Saturday and opened at 2 pm. We had very few customers, so I closed the Lodge at 8:30.

As they say, this too shall pass. May pass like a kidney stone, but it will pass.

Thanks for being a sounding board for me. I try not to complain much, but sometimes you gotta let it out.

Do the best you can in the situation you have.

Tracy in Tennessee

• brennerjlb
    Good morning!
    Tracy - wow! That is alot of hours. I hope they are paying you well at least!
    Good morning Sara, Maureen and Lana! Maureen - I think you got more snow than we did.
    Snappy cold out today, but sun is shining.
    Have a great day!

CW 196
    HW 207
    GW 194
  • LanaCabana537
    Twiley510 wrote: »

As they say, this too shall pass. May pass like a kidney stone, but it will pass.

Thanks for being a sounding board for me. I try not to complain much, but sometimes you gotta let it out.

Do the best you can in the situation you have.

Tracy in Tennessee

Tracy - you can come and complain to us any time you wish! We are here to listen. Do what you can to take care of yourself. Yes, this too shall pass, possibly just like a kidney stone! 😂

Lynn, I am happy for you that the sun in shining. OK, a bit envious too ☀️
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Wind was so strong and LOUD last night it was hard to sleep - electricity kept going out as well. Storm is coming eastward so watch for it. No sun for another week here??

Fell down at work I was moving tree branches away from my car. Elbow took the worst and will have my neighbor take a look at it tonight just to be safe.

Food is a little better but that doesnt say too much.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.