Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    edited January 2021
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    J72FIT wrote: »
    cremorna1 wrote: »
    Just looking to learn (not cause a debate): Doesn't IF help people with prediabetes/insulin resistance?

I agree that CICO is all that is needed for weightloss. I am just wondering if IF has an advantage for other health issues (for people that suffer from those health issues, of course). Maybe OP has other health concerns?

well this is the debate forum...

You're back!

3054ae5770bf0a3ce903b605e61663585ac4cf86_hq.gif

It's good to have you back! We missed you, dude :)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Just looking to learn (not cause a debate): Doesn't IF help people with prediabetes/insulin resistance?

I agree that CICO is all that is needed for weightloss. I am just wondering if IF has an advantage for other health issues (for people that suffer from those health issues, of course). Maybe OP has other health concerns?

You're back!

Thank you...I see we are still fighting the same battles...🙄

Paleo isn't really a thing anymore (actually that had probably died off before you left), but otherwise, yeah...:lol:
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member

You're back!

Paleo isn't really a thing anymore (actually that had probably died off before you left), but otherwise, yeah...:lol:

Paleo kinda morphed into Keto/Carnivore... lol
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member

You're back!

Paleo was based on silly claims (which of course Nony is the expert at debunking), but at least the actual diet included (even encouraged) veg and fruit and sweet potatoes (and in later years made its peace with potatoes and sometimes even rice), so of course it got replaced by the carnivore trend (I think keto started being popular at the same time as paleo and has lasted).
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member

You're back!

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttt????????????????

whatever happened to processed foods...still bad?
  • ndj1979
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

You're back!

Paleo was based on silly claims (which of course Nony is the expert at debunking), but at least the actual diet included (even encouraged) veg and fruit and sweet potatoes (and in later years made its peace with potatoes and sometimes even rice), so of course it got replaced by the carnivore trend (I think keto started being popular at the same time as paleo and has lasted).

as I recall, it seemed to be based on what variant of Paleo one was pushing.

It is not surprising that Paleo morphed into Keto/Carnivore as most of the Paleo folks seemed to be Keto advocates; or at least heading in that direction..
  • Nony_Mouse
    edited January 2021

You're back!

Ugh, Carnivore! I just noped out on a Facebook group due to carnivore zealots making the 'that's how we used to eat' claim, even in the face of someone saying 'well I'm an archaeologist, and no...'. So yeah, it kind of is the new Paleo I guess!

They were all in a tiz over this new Kevin Hall study :lol:https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-01209-1?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+nm/rss/current+(Nature+Medicine+-+Issue)
  • ndj1979
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

You're back!

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttt????????????????

whatever happened to processed foods...still bad?

Yep, still terrible, corporate conspiracy, secret ingredients get you hooked, etc.

Except protein powder and superfoods powders. Those are totally clean. Essential for health, even. Maybe not even processed, because so, so very clean.

🙄

Not surprising...🤦‍♂️🙄