Women 200lb+, Let's Make It Count This January!!!

Replies

• speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited January 2021
    @uyister - Here's the link to the recipe. It's definitely something you need to save up calories for. A whopping 835 calories per serving that was with subbing brisket out for leaner chuck roast. And it's a project - takes the better part of the day to make. But it is a one dish meal - you don't need sides.
    https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1012397-guinness-pie
  • uyister
    uyister Posts: 154 Member
    @speyerj Oh my!! Okay. That has to wait till I am out of school!! I have saved the recipe and will definitely try it out!!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    @xxxtarable27xxx Daaaang! You're doing amazing! I must have missed your 1/11 update, nice whoosh!
  • xxxtarable27xxx
    xxxtarable27xxx Posts: 104 Member
    @xxxtarable27xxx Daaaang! You're doing amazing! I must have missed your 1/11 update, nice whoosh!

Thank you!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    @uyister That's awesome! Happy swimming.
    @xxxtarable27xxx Impressive! Your commitment and determination is contagious.
    @ajverloop158 No one can do everything right everyday, but everyone can do something right everyday. Do your best, and you will reach your goals!! Happy 12th to your oldest!

Hope everyone is having a great week!
  • VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    Was teaching Mindfulness to my class yesterday. Lol while they were doing the exercise on Zoom I was checking my messages......... sometimes life is ironic....... . Today is my second full month based on date.

Start Weight 230
    Jan 27 217.6
    Inches lost 3 in tummy( hips and around tummy)
    2.5 in waist

Needed to adjust my weigh ins as was balancing on the scale to get a lower weight so this one is accurate.

Positives

Clothes feel looser
    Logging in everyday
    logging faithfully( even when I eat 10 chocolates lol)
    walking everyday( or at least five times a week )
    feeling more hopeful and realistic to how long this will take

Next goal is

End of February 213

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    @KMC55, you're still ending this month with a loss and that's awesome. It sounds like you have a good handle on what you can change to meet your goal for February - that's all we can do, is assess the data we have and make new and better choices next time around.

@VickyEltonGreen amazing job! Great NSVs too, it's nice to see evidence of your hard work in places other than the scale, in the form of things like clothes fitting looser or activities being easier.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @MuttiNM! Look at you, still losing at a nice fast clip. Did you realize that in less than one month's time you lost 4% of your weight? That's incredible! You'll be at your goal weight by the end of February if this pace continues. Amazing! You are an inspiration.
  • gfinley49
    gfinley49 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi group, I am recently new here and have read through these posts which are all inspiring. I had lost 25 pounds by March, 2020, (started at 182 went down to 157) then bam, I gained covid weight and when I stepped on the scale about 4 weeks ago, I was horrified to see 191. So started the cycle again! In 3 weeks I am down to 185, still super depressed that that is 3 lbs more then when I started last year, but nevertheless, a start. I always find the first 3 weeks are the toughest, but on a path now. I have been working at home and likely will be until the fall of this year so bought a treadmill and this great squat\row machine...it is an amazing workout and was very inexpensive for anyone interested.

So what got me heavy again is my movie night chips...:) Of course, I have been avoiding all unhealthy snacking, but wondering what folks snack on instead of chips? My trainer had mentioned that skinnypop popcorn was decent or lays baked chips. Just thought I would ask what others do.

Sorry for the long post, but thank you for allowing me to post and share in all your stories!

take care,
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    @gfinley49 I'm not a chips person but I do like popcorn. When I do snack, popcorn is usually my go to. Sometimes nuts or pumpkin seeds but those are very small servings for the calories compared to popcorn. When I first started eating at a deficit, I had popcorn almost every night. I found the fiber in popcorn to be very filling. I sometimes eat Skinny Pop, which is about 150 calories for 3.75 cups. Eat half of that (if you can :) ) for only 75 calories. I usually eat popcorn that I make in my microwave corn popper. I can use just a drop of oil to keep the calories slightly lower. I find that little bit of oil makes it taste better to me than air popped popcorn and it will allow the little bit of salt I put on it to stick better as well. Welcome to this great, supportive group!