What's on your mind?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Can anyone tell me what the “points” are?

c7836052b1ob.jpeg

Double Secret Probation
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »

c7836052b1ob.jpeg

I dunno but I'd hand over at least that many points for all your amazing PPs.

Thank you beautiful lady! ❤️
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »

c7836052b1ob.jpeg

I think it's total reactions to your posts

Oh and you get "bonus" points for badges.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Starting to regret posting in MFP. When I told people I had body image issues, they ridiculed me and said I was stupid for resenting/hating the remarks I got and that I didn't have real problems because some people would dig how I looked, hence I had no reason to hate it.

I don't want people to tell me I look awesome how I am (I don't even have any real pix posted here). I don't want to hear how brave and strong and great I am because if I was that way, I wouldn't be this overweight. I don't want people to give me platitudes about "each journey starts with a single step", even though I acknowledge they mean well and want to encourage me.

I haven't completely given up on myself, but is there a corner in MFP for jaded/cynical people who don't like or respond to "you can do it!" messages from strangers or about how it's wrong to lose weight before you date because The Right Person Will See Your Inner Beauty and Will Not Care What You Look Like Because Only Shallow People Who Are Not Worth Your Time Do That?

I feel this at my core. People will never understand that we don't see ourselves as others do. And, no amount of compliments or good will from others will change our opinions.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    Starting to regret posting in MFP. When I told people I had body image issues, they ridiculed me and said I was stupid for resenting/hating the remarks I got and that I didn't have real problems because some people would dig how I looked, hence I had no reason to hate it.

I don't want people to tell me I look awesome how I am (I don't even have any real pix posted here). I don't want to hear how brave and strong and great I am because if I was that way, I wouldn't be this overweight. I don't want people to give me platitudes about "each journey starts with a single step", even though I acknowledge they mean well and want to encourage me.

I haven't completely given up on myself, but is there a corner in MFP for jaded/cynical people who don't like or respond to "you can do it!" messages from strangers or about how it's wrong to lose weight before you date because The Right Person Will See Your Inner Beauty and Will Not Care What You Look Like Because Only Shallow People Who Are Not Worth Your Time Do That?

I feel this at my core. People will never understand that we don't see ourselves as others do. And, no amount of compliments or good will from others will change our opinions.

But...but...you're my favorite scientist 😢
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member

Cuttin her close :) Ya think them people felt a swish ? :)
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    :):):)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    @Elcee2020 totally agree. :)
    But we can blame the others, right, for enabling the addiction?
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    breakfast burrito
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    breakfast burrito

I'll be able to give you that in 2 days.
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    breakfast burrito

I'll be able to give you that in 2 days.

🤭
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    My favorite celebrity Halsey is pregnant, love her. I know she's been wanting one for a while and I'm sure with the pandemic slowing her life down, now was the time. ✨
  • sean_ct
    sean_ct Posts: 519 Member
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    My favorite celebrity Halsey is pregnant, love her. I know she's been wanting one for a while and I'm sure with the pandemic slowing her life down, now was the time. ✨

She's pretty great, I agree.