i just love avocados. you guys have any good recipes?

eliseducky
eliseducky Posts: 12 Member
so i've been loving it with just fresh lemon juice (i basically soak the avocados in the lemon juice) and salt

also fine minced white onion with salt is yummy

anyone got any other ways i can try my avocados?
ive got 3 more avocados to go

preferable cold recipes bc for some reason that really hits the spot

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Unless we're talking guac, I don't think I've ever seasoned my avocados (beyond garlic, because garlic belongs everywhere).

Typically, I just smoosh it up and plop the mess on some bread with a poached or soft boiled egg. Sprinkle some smoke salt...done 🤷🏿‍♀️
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    You can dice it up and add to your salad.

My mom likes to mash it up with some onions and peppers, and I think she adds a little mayo or salad dressing.

Add it to your sandwiches. I've had a BLT with thin sliced avocado before that was delicious!
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    bigblues11 wrote: »
    I use guac in tuna salad to replace the mayo. Ah-mazing!

Also egg salad!
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    I cut an avocado 🥑 in half and use a spoon, good enough for me. 😋
  • Sunday777
    Sunday777 Posts: 1 Member
    These recipes sound good but do you actually spread it on bread? I thought I was supposed to stay off bread completely.
  • WeatherJane
    WeatherJane Posts: 1,492 Member
    Sunday777 wrote: »
    These recipes sound good but do you actually spread it on bread? I thought I was supposed to stay off bread completely.

Is there a medical reason you shouldn't eat bread?
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Avocado, basil pesto, and tomato on toast; and avocado & peanut butter on a tortilla.
  • gigius72
    gigius72 Posts: 183 Member
    edited January 2021
    I just toast 2 slices of bread, spread half avocado on each slice, dice up a tomatoes and cover the avocado.
  • 2furryfriendz
    2furryfriendz Posts: 283 Member
    Do you like sushi?
    I make avocado stuffed with a mixture of crab meat and mayo. Spoon in to avocado and top with a little pickled ginger, tobiko and soy sauce. It’s a California roll without the rice. So yummy!
  • EmAmWi
    EmAmWi Posts: 1 Member
    Toast. Mashed avocado. Add Tajin to your taste preferences. Over easy egg on top. Cracked pepper on top. Inhale immediately.
  • maria4560h
    maria4560h Posts: 41 Member
    Cut an avocado. Put an egg and some bacon on it. It’s a good LCHF snack/meal and not bad.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited February 2021
    I make a salad of grapefruit and avocado both cut into slices. Equal proportions and then add Ponzu sauce. If you can't find Ponzu you can substitute with soy sauce and a bit of freshly squeezed juice from the grapefruit or a lime.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited February 2021
    I made the grapefruit/avocado salad tonight so thought I'd post a photo. Avocados were really cheap today and I already have a bag of grapefruit so I will be eating this a few more times in the next week. Also, if you add just a couple of drops of oil (avocado, sesame, truffle or olive) to the ponzu it gives it a slightly richer feel.

be3mgxhramqh.jpg
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    I cut in half, half a teaspoon dijon mustard, salt, pepper and a tablespoon of cottage cheese on top. Bam there´s lunch... so easy, yummy and #amen"zing.