My garden, signs of life and hope
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    @MrSunshinez i think i have that right
    And nicksmom

Both super special people.. I miss them too ❤
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    • Sometimes, I miss my life during college. Old enough to drink, old enough to drive, but almost everything was within walking distance depending on how dedicated you were, walking late at night wasn't problematic despite bar culture in the town and we had a lot of fun when we weren't all stressing out over assignments or having existential crises weekly.
    • I still miss living in Japan. My spouse refuses to retire and live as an ex-pat, but I still don't really know if I want to remain in the U.S. as a permanent citizen after my parents pass. So there may be really tough decisions I have to make at some point. I don't know if Japan would be my ultimate destination though, as getting employment in countries where English is not the primary language would be difficult outside of some pretty niche careers.
    • I miss the creative spark. I haven't really felt the strong, compelling urge to draw in years. It's just.. gone. Yet I keep art supplies around in the vain hope that it will return to me one day and I'll improve my skills.
    • Sometimes, I miss my life during college. Old enough to drink, old enough to drive, but almost everything was within walking distance depending on how dedicated you were, walking late at night wasn't problematic despite bar culture in the town and we had a lot of fun when we weren't all stressing out over assignments or having existential crises weekly.
    • I still miss living in Japan. My spouse refuses to retire and live as an ex-pat, but I still don't really know if I want to remain in the U.S. as a permanent citizen after my parents pass. So there may be really tough decisions I have to make at some point. I don't know if Japan would be my ultimate destination though, as getting employment in countries where English is not the primary language would be difficult outside of some pretty niche careers.
    • I miss the creative spark. I haven't really felt the strong, compelling urge to draw in years. It's just.. gone. Yet I keep art supplies around in the vain hope that it will return to me one day and I'll improve my skills.

To point 3, I'm at the same spot with writing in many ways. I feel that so hard
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    I miss that Easter morning resurrection springtime feeling. I miss sunshine and wholesomeness, faith that everything would work together for good.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited January 2021
    I miss my yearly family visits to QueensNew York and getting my henna done.

And coming back home to Toronto like boom you can neverrrrrrrr.

( can’t find a good artist here)
  • crh8989
    crh8989 Posts: 41 Member
    Hugs
  • slimgirljo15
    Nicksmom and MrSunshine.. I think about them often and hope they are doing ok.
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    I want you to know that MrSunshine has shelter and is well-fed. Not too much natural sunlight in my basement though.😌
  • slimgirljo15
    I want you to know that MrSunshine has shelter and is well-fed. Not too much natural sunlight in my basement though.😌

Well please take him out for regular walks in the sun.. 🙂
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    I miss that Easter morning resurrection springtime feeling. I miss sunshine and wholesomeness, faith that everything would work together for good.

Never give up hope :)
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    I miss not seeing food as just numbers.

Like how are two lil chicken nuggets 120cals.
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    I miss the Friday feeling of finishing work in your 20s, rushing home to your housemates knowing you were all going to hit town and drink and dance and wake up at midday with a killer hangover and/or a lovely minxy lady next to you, having gotten up to mischief the night before! 😜

I miss being in a club and hearing that tune drop that you love and rushing to the dance floor and grooving next to people, seeing them sing along and smile just as much as you, knowing that just because of that...they were your kind of people.

I miss the lazy Sunday afternoons with my teammates, nursing hangovers but conducting that 'drink-up' post mortem of the night before where you take the Mick out of the lightweight, pontificate on whether so and so pulled that hot chick in the boots, belly laughing and giggling whilst trying not to throw up...

...I miss those days.
    ...I miss them even more now I'm in my 40s, because those times will never happen again. 😔