What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    On that note, Vegetable juice like tomato/carrot/etc is just gross.

I agree! I would much rather drink straight tomato sauce than juice hah
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    medium rare steaks and burgers >>>>>>>>>>>>
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Shrimp are just cockroaches of the sea
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    On that note, Vegetable juice like tomato/carrot/etc is just gross.

On the contrary, V-8 juice (classic version) is the only juice worth buying in gas station convenience stores. And nowadays, fewer of them even stock it.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    So, I'm not big on alcohol in the first place (I only do wine and champagne), but I do NOT understand the appeal of bloody mary's!

Red beer is one of the very few alcoholic drinks I like. But the more they put in a Bloody Mary, the less I like it.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I think this may be unpopular....

Green salads are best eaten at the END of the meal instead of before or during the main course.
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    edited January 2021
    StargazerB wrote: »
    I don't like sushi

We too I hate the stuff.

[Edited by MFP Staff]
  • gigius72
    gigius72 Posts: 183 Member

Green salads are best eaten at the END of the meal instead of before or during the main course.

That is actually no scientific value.
    It's a dieting trick that came out a long time ago. The idea is that by filling up with fibers and water, you will reduce the hunger and thus eat less high caloric foods from other dishes.
    That depends on the salad though. If your salad is bathing in dressing you are much better eating the other dishes first 😂😂😂
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    gigius72 wrote: »

It's a dieting trick that came out a long time ago. The idea is that by filling up with fibers and water, you will reduce the hunger and thus eat less high caloric foods from other dishes.
    That depends on the salad though. If your salad is bathing in dressing you are much better eating the other dishes first 😂😂😂

But I see it!! I make the salads for my family very low calorie. When they have it last they don’t even finish their salads, when they have it first they don’t finish their other meal which is higher in calories. I am just talking about what I’ve seen in my experience I know it’s different for everyone but it drives me nuts. Then they complain they can’t lose weight when they could simply eat less calories by having the salad first instead. Of course if you plan to eat the whole meal it doesn’t matter but my family always leave food on their plates 🙄. Always the salad unless they eat it first.
  • gigius72
    gigius72 Posts: 183 Member
    gigius72 wrote: »

But I see it!! I make the salads for my family very low calorie. When they have it last they don’t even finish their salads, when they have it first they don’t finish their other meal which is higher in calories. I am just talking about what I’ve seen in my experience I know it’s different for everyone but it drives me nuts. Then they complain they can’t lose weight when they could simply eat less calories by having the salad first instead. Of course if you plan to eat the whole meal it doesn’t matter but my family always leave food on their plates 🙄. Always the salad unless they eat it first.

I know it works, it's a great way to eat actually.
    If you are counting calories it makes no sense, because you prepare your whole meal at those preset calories. But if you are not counting calories, that is a great way to eat.
    I don't count calories, and that is how I eat everyday.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member

I usually eat lunch or dinner salads or salad on the side during the meal, and I enjoy pre meal salads too, but I agree that salad is a lovely way to finish a meal as well.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,363 Member
    I dislike... no, hate is the right word... mustard: yellow mustard, spicy mustard, Dijon mustard, Grey Poupon (something did!), any kind of mustard...
    Even a dab of mustard the size of a mustard seed is too much for me!

I could eat it by the spoon!

We have deli brown mustard, yellow mustard, horseradish mustard, and two kinds of Dijon mustard.

We like mustard.

I hate honey mustard though.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    Most brands of soy milk actually taste better than real milk. I drink both btw
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    I dislike... no, hate is the right word... mustard: yellow mustard, spicy mustard, Dijon mustard, Grey Poupon (something did!), any kind of mustard...

We have deli brown mustard, yellow mustard, horseradish mustard, and two kinds of Dijon mustard.

We like mustard.

Also dill mustard, for me. I really love dill mustard (have only found one brand, though). I should probably put dill mustard on the "Underrated Foods" thread. 😆
  • nicsflyingcircus
    A favorite lunch from childhood summer days= bologna and cheese sandwhich with doritos in the middle finished off with a nice cold can of big red 😄

Now I would either vomit from the carbonated drink or the bologna would have me in the hospital with my gallbladder falling out. 😲

Also I tried sugar cookie kisses.....it was an awful waste of calories and fat 😢

When I used to frequent Subway, I'd get a cold cut trio with bacon, all my fixings... Make it a combo, and shove like 12 doritos into the sub.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    flroezne9xgi.png
    ^^^ this is the hot sauce i put on my stuff

I buy the fire sauce
  • nicsflyingcircus
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

We like mustard.

Also dill mustard, for me. I really love dill mustard (have only found one brand, though). I should probably put dill mustard on the "Underrated Foods" thread. 😆

Oooh I need to look for that. Love me some Dill.