Pasta Substitute

dinae1
dinae1 Posts: 10 Member
Each 2 oz pasta is 200 calories and I love eating it. I wish there was a substitute with lesser calories. I know there's spiral zucchini pasta.

Does anyone else have any other good tasting substitute?

Replies

• stephtra49
    stephtra49 Posts: 168 Member
    dinae1 wrote: »
    Each 2 oz pasta is 200 calories and I love eating it. I wish there was a substitute with lesser calories. I know there's spiral zucchini pasta.

Does anyone else have any other good tasting substitute?

I just cooked a spaghetti squash & used it instead of noodles. I measured out 4 oz’s then put my meat sauce on top of it! Pretty good!
  • wjenness3644
    wjenness3644 Posts: 1 Member
    If you have a spiralizer zucchini noodles are delicious as well sliced for lasagna. Just tried edamame noodles which were really good too.
  • pbellis317
    pbellis317 Posts: 7 Member
    what kind of sauce do you use?
  • I found some veggie pasta in the freezer section. It is made by Birds Eye. Good luck.
  • ermu67
    ermu67 Posts: 12 Member
    I have used Carbanada Pasta, tastes good and is lower in carbs
  • Geronica
    Geronica Posts: 11 Member
    I use a spiralizer to cut zucchini into spaghetti or spaghetti squash.
  • gh10
    gh10 Posts: 7 Member
    I have used Palmini it’s Made with artichoke hearts. Last night I made lasagna with the palmini lasagna noodles. Very good
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,546 Member
    I've started using Green Giant French cut green beans - they work well and are a bit fuzzy so they hold lots of sauce!
  • polly2hugs
    polly2hugs Posts: 1 Member
    I use Shirataki noodles. They do not have protein, but are extremely low carb and healthy. Also, I use Edamame pasta, which is high in protein. As I do muscle building exercises every week, I look to increase my protein. I continue to look for low fat recipes to top them with. The Shirataki noodles can be used many ways. One I like is making it like a pad Thai. I find it very difficult to keep within my fat macros, but continue to find recipes to help.
  • harleywoof333
    harleywoof333 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm hooked on are zucchini ribbons. I have a Spiralizer, but it's a pain to clean. I just cut long ribbons of zucchini with an ordinary veggie peeler. When I get to the "seedy" center, turn the zuke a 1/4 turn & start cutting on another side. Keep doing this till it's almost gone. I find the zucchini ribbons much tastier and MORE substantial than the "spirals". I usually just "sauce" them w/ some roasted Campari tomatoes & garlic. Delicious!!!
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    I've used the Shirataki, spiralized zucchini and kelp noodles for lower calories. I prefer the zucchini w/meat or tomato based sauces and the Shirataki or kelp with pesto or Asian dishes like pad thai or similar. I have a packet of the palmini linguini made form palm but haven't tried it yet.
  • Babkery
    Babkery Posts: 1 Member
    GOGO QUINOA is a great tasting alternative, also Banza chick pea, red lentil, yellow lentil. I've recently tried it and it was great
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    I've used the Shirataki, spiralized zucchini and kelp noodles for lower calories. I prefer the zucchini w/meat or tomato based sauces and the Shirataki or kelp with pesto or Asian dishes like pad thai or similar. I have a packet of the palmini linguini made form palm but haven't tried it yet.
    Babkery wrote: »
    GOGO QUINOA is a great tasting alternative, also Banza chick pea, red lentil, yellow lentil. I've recently tried it and it was great

@LazyBlondeChef @Babkery
    Kelp noodles and chickpea are some of my favs! Glad I’m not alone. 😉
  • Peppapink17
    Peppapink17 Posts: 7 Member
    My favourites are spriral zucchini noodles and also spaghetti squash paired with ground turkey .
  • JennyJacobsen
    JennyJacobsen Posts: 72 Member
    I use kelp noodles, I like their crunchiness. They don't taste bad as you would think.