30 pounds to lose challenge by March 2021

Replies

• Fabme1
    Fabme1 Posts: 24 Member
    What I am doing differently this time #2 -

When using MyFitnessPal I remember the “human error” factor. Error creeps in via what we input (was that really a flat teaspoon or a heaping one?) and what is in the system when we choose that food item (is the nutritional information correct?) or exercise (Did you really burn that amount of calories?).

The way I counter this is two ways.

-First, I try to stay within the last 200 calories of my Calorie limit (If my Calorie limit was 1900, I would try to eat between 1700 and 1900 calories and limit how much over 1900 I went. I would never go below 1700).

Make sure you get the nutrients you need. I sometimes change what I eat for dinner if I find I have gaps in my nutritional needs (not enough protein?) I also take vitamins when I haven’t gotten enough of it in my diet (not enough Vitamin C?), and I also make sure to take it with food that helps my body absorb it better (Vitamin D with Milk) and avoiding the reverse (do not take iron with Milk).

-Second, I don’t add the calories burned with exercise to my allowed daily calories.
  • RunDMC2021
    RunDMC2021 Posts: 137 Member
    shnerb00 wrote: »
    Starting Weight 160.2
    Goal Weight 135

12/28 160.2
    1/4 155.8
    1/11 155.4
    1/18 154.2
    1/25 152.4

Wonderful! You are keeping me inspired😊
  • shannonkelly08
    shannonkelly08 Posts: 133 Member
    New to MFP, but trying to challenge myself in hopes of seeing a better outcome. Joining this group if you don't mind! I'd love to lose the 30-40 lbs. I've gained since moving here 4 years ago.... But for now, I'll settle for 10 in the next few weeks. 30 by March would definitely be amazing though!

SW: 158.6 lbs. (per doctor's scale) as of 1/22/21
    GW: 130 lbs.

Trying to get back on keto and IF to help jump start better eating habits again. Sweets are SO hard to say no to though! Ahhhh!

Welcome!!! We are all on the same journey! Wishing you all the success!! And I 100% agree...sweets are SO hard to say no to and that's my daily struggle!!!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    pwelch117 wrote: »
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Just finding food that I have and finally eating that lettuce container I bought.

@RubyRed427 Haha! Diets have us doing crazy things like eating the containers the food came in. Did you log those calories though?

Haha! Since the container is clear- zero calories!
    Reminds me of the book about commas.... "Don't eat Grandma!" vs. "Don't eat, Grandma,"
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    kwgrandma wrote: »
    What I am doing differently this time?

I joined this group and have shared my progress! It’s one thing to know the reading on the scale. But recording my slow but steady progress has helped keep me motivated to get to my ultimate goal. And there is something to be said for knowing there are others on a similar journey working toward their own goals. My thanks to everyone in the group for your support and sharing!

Be well everyone!

I am motivated by what you are doing differently. Thanks for posting!!