Insanity 2021!

Replies

• katylockett
    katylockett Posts: 164 Member
    Argh as I suspected I put on a pound & a 1/2. I'm staying off the scales until the end of these 9 weeks as I don't want to feel disappointed ๐Ÿ˜ž I'm getting fitter, eating better with a deficit, so it will work with consistency, I need to trust the process

I didn't lose any weight when I did insanity... lost a few inches but put 2lbs on!

Hi Vicky,
    Yeah I think I'm going to be the same but like 'skinnyrev' said Im getting fitter, healthier and happier, which is what it's all about - the weight loss will come I'm sure! What did you do to lose weight after insanity? Presuming you wanted to lose weight that is!

I used MFP to lose weight, it's just a numbers game. Eat less than you burn and you'll lose weight.

The high intensity of insanity creates water retention which messes with the scales, that's all ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks Vicky, I'm definitely playing the numbers game and I'll continue with a deficit after insanity, but maybe drop the exercise to a run every other day - I'll certainly be fit enough for that after this program I'm sure ๐Ÿคฃ

I started running after I finished insanity too ๐Ÿ˜€

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ I'm looking forward to my new found fitness! And all this snow and ice will be away too by the time I'm ready to start running ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ
  • katylockett
    Day 9: Pure Cardio. Done ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜…
    Oh jeez this morning was a sleepy one, had to tell myself to get my butt in gear, get on with it and press play! It took me the first circuit of the warm up to 'get into to it' but I was off and running after that. I managed the full time of switch kicks ๐ŸŽ‰ and I'm definitely feeling fitter ๐Ÿ’ช I took my measurements this morning but as with the scales, I'm not going to measure again until the end - that scales moment has put me off ๐Ÿคฃ I will check the results at the end ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • katylockett
    Day 10: Plyometric circuit. Done ๐Ÿ’ช
    Felt really good today and really dug deep. Omg those level 1 drills. Can anybody manage these full three rounds!? ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜… Also does anyone know if I should be doing press ups on my knees as I can't do the full 'normal' press up?
    Great start to a Monday morning!
  • katylockett
    Day 11: Cardio Recovery ๐Ÿ’ช Done!
    ๐Ÿคฃ Am I the only one who starts to quote what they say? Shaun: 'This is as far as I can go cause I got big quads' ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘Œ
    I really enjoy this one, I always feel great after all the stretching. I managed more of the hold, pulses sections the only one I never managed this time was the plie hold, my legs were giving out ๐Ÿ˜ฌ Noticing more and more how focusing on breathing gets me through a lot more - sounds silly, but it's working. Feeling great, another insanity day done.
    'Peace out' ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‚
  • katylockett
    Day 12: Cardio Power and Resistance. Done ๐Ÿ’ช
    Oh today was another sleepy start, I was bad last with my eats ๐Ÿ™ˆ so felt rubbish when I woke up ๐Ÿ˜ž but made myself press play and gave it my all - feeling happy I did it and pushed, but still kicking myself for my eats last night ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜–. It's just one day though and back on it today - what I need to remind myself of today. Day 12 done!
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    One day of 'bad' (is there any such thing? Fuel is fuel... yeah, some is more nutritious but sometimes you've got to listen to your cravings for other reasons) will not make an iota of difference in the mid and long run. Keep going!
  • katylockett
    One day of 'bad' (is there any such thing? Fuel is fuel... yeah, some is more nutritious but sometimes you've got to listen to your cravings for other reasons) will not make an iota of difference in the mid and long run. Keep going!

Thanks! I like that way of thinking about it! ๐Ÿ˜Š Definitely keeping going and determined to get to where I want to be health, fitness and lifestyle wise, not a quick journey but a worthwhile one!
  • katylockett
    Day 13: Pure Cardio AND Cardio Abs followed by an hour of snow shovelling = broken ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ’ช
    Oh jeez, gave it my all again! My neighbours must of thought there was a baby elephant jumping around in my place this morning with all my not so graceful jumps ๐Ÿ™ˆ Cardio abs was a new experience - woo those C sits, I couldn't find the balance to do the two leg 'in and lift's' but I'm hoping this will come (๐Ÿคฃ like so many other moves!). Feeling great! Another week done ๐Ÿ’ช
  • BJM0970
    BJM0970 Posts: 8 Member
    I've been wanting to start back up with insanity and always try to get someone to do it with me at home. I would be joining you late and we might not be on the same day. Years ago when I did it I lost weight and inches. I attempt it here and there but never finish the 60. I incorporate other exercise and notice my strength and endurance improves greatly with insanity!! Hope to do the fit test tomorrow!!
  • katylockett
    I've been wanting to start back up with insanity and always try to get someone to do it with me at home. I would be joining you late and we might not be on the same day. Years ago when I did it I lost weight and inches. I attempt it here and there but never finish the 60. I incorporate other exercise and notice my strength and endurance improves greatly with insanity!! Hope to do the fit test tomorrow!!

Oh brilliant, let's do it! I've found posting everyday on MFP has kept me accountable and I press play even on the days I'm not feeling it. Today (rest day) is normally a weigh in day for me, but I'm resisting stepping on the scale as don't want to be put off, I feel loads fitter and in better shape already. You can do it! Good luck with your fitness test today, smash it! ๐Ÿ’ช
  • katylockett
    Day 15: Fitness test done ๐Ÿ’ช I'm so pleased with my results, I really gave it my all ๐Ÿ˜… (difference from the first fit test + or -)
    Switch kicks: 83 (+19!)
    Power jacks: 52 (+10)
    Power knees: 94 (+17)
    Power jumps: 31 (+8!! )
    Globe jumps: 10 (+3)
    Suicide jumps: 13 (+3)
    Push-up Jacks: 20 (+10)
    Plank oblique: 56 (+12)

The results are speaking for themself, I'm delighted! I'm feeling fitter, healthier and happier - which is amazing considering how I started this - so true the advice I read that if you wait for motivation to come you'll always be waiting, it's not motivation, it's a decision, so decide and get on with it ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ˜… Happy weekend everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • katylockett
    Day 16: Plyometric Circuit. Done ๐Ÿ’ช
    Oh ๐Ÿ˜– I almost managed a full first set of the dreaded level one drills!! I will conquer this next time! Feeling fitter with every workout now, but starting to get a little scared with one eye on these Max workouts wondering what's in store for me ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฌ something tells me I shouldn't get too comfortable ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • katylockett
    Day 17 - Pure Cardio plus Cardio Abs. Done ๐Ÿ’ช
    I was able to push through for longer today and I even managed a couple of the cardio abs C sit double leg lifts ๐Ÿ˜ progress!
  • katylockett
    Day 18 - Cardio Recovery. Done ๐Ÿ’ช
    Really like this stretching routine. I haven't mastered the plie hold yet, my legs keep giving out ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™ˆ I will hold the plie stretch for the full time next week!!
  • katylockett
    Day 19 - Cardio Power and Resistance. Done ๐Ÿ’ช. I wasnt feeling very powerful this morning ๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿคฃ but I pressed play and went for it - I do love those hurdle jumps for some bizarre reason ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‚ Glad to be another day forward on the program ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ˜
  • skinnyrev2b
    Well done @katylockett! I remember also feeling strangely fond of moves that kicked my butt. It's almost masochistic.... :smiley:
  • katylockett
    Well done @katylockett! I remember also feeling strangely fond of moves that kicked my butt. It's almost masochistic.... :smiley:

Thanks @skinnyrev2b ๐Ÿ˜‚ I know right, it's very strange ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š
  • katylockett
    Day 20 - Plyometric Circuit. Done ๐Ÿ’ช
    Well I smashed my goal today! I wanted to complete the first set of the dreaded level one drills, I did it! PLUS every other push up and plank runs throughout the circuit victory ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ Really good workout this morning, and happy to now be on a rest day tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜… my legs are shredded ๐Ÿ™ˆ
  • skinnyrev2b
    Hurray! Well done you!
  • katylockett
    Hurray! Well done you!

Thanks @skinnyrev2b very pleased!!