Weight gain

Hello, i was informed that you have to multiply your weight by 15 to attain the amount of calorie maintenance. I’m 155 pounds trying to gain wait. For some reason it says i need to eat 3,240 pounds a day. This seems invalid

Replies

• darreneatschicken
    darreneatschicken Posts: 669 Member
    Yes, start with eating 3240 calories a day lol. Aim to gain 0.5 lbs a week and then increase or decrease your calories if you're gaining too much or too little.
  • LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    155 * 15 = 2325. If you eat about 120 calories more than that per day, you might gain about a pound a month; 240 more per day would be 2 pounds a month. But that depends on your activity level, age, height etc. With MFP tracking, it should be easy to test it.
  • darreneatschicken
    darreneatschicken Posts: 669 Member
    155 * 15 = 2325. If you eat about 120 calories more than that per day, you might gain about a pound a month; 240 more per day would be 2 pounds a month. But that depends on your activity level, age, height etc. With MFP tracking, it should be easy to test it.

Hahaha. Clearly I didn't check his math.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Hello, i was informed that you have to multiply your weight by 15 to attain the amount of calorie maintenance. I’m 155 pounds trying to gain wait. For some reason it says i need to eat 3,240 pounds a day. This seems invalid

http://www.fat2fittools.com/

Go to that site and calculate your TDEE to maintain and then if you want to gain half pound per week add 250 and if you want to gain full pound per week add 500
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited January 2021
    Or, use the calculator built into this site, MFP.

ETA: remembering to add your exercise on top of your base calories.