WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2021

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    dandl1986 wrote: »
    Pip Your exercise reports are so impressive!

Kate I love the socks. Adorable!

I did not sleep at all last night, my brain would not quiet down. I even tried melatonin and it has just left me feeling jittery. I think anxiety is setting in.

Thx 😊
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    Lisa: (((Hugs))) The not knowing is very wearisome.
    Kelly: 😱 Yikes! Glad no one was badly hurt. Bravo caring coworkers.
    Kate: 😍socks. They look warm and colourful.
    Carol: That sounds encouraging about Allie posting kitty pics.

We managed a walk after lunch when the rain let up briefly.

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Meg ~ Thanks for the update on your cats! They are both lovely and know you miss Rex. My first cat was a sweet Siamese and after her death, I think we got one of her litter mates who was also a sweety for 15 years.

Carol in GA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    megblair1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I don't know where the last 2 days went!

We had nearly 12" of snow Monday into Tuesday. Even The Weather Channel was here, that's how exciting it was LOL. Everything was pretty normal by Tuesday afternoon. Now it's just gray and cloudy, but the snow is gorgeous.

Thanks for the kind words about my cat. We had two littermates, Rex E Muss and Riley Pusskins. Rex was the one who died, but Riley is still with us. We will be getting a least 1 dog and 1-2 kitties sometime in the near future. I'd like to have 2 dogs and 3 cats , but that's 1 animal more than allowed. DH wants a Staffordshire Bull terrier (a little "pitbull") because he used to raise them and we both just love them. I want to continue adopting older beagles and actually I'd like a little pack of them! Maybe we can "Permanently foster" an old beagle, and he wouldn't count!

fujb8w3kyr0r.png

The white faced one is Rex, the one with the black on his nose is Riley.

Well, it's time for lunch and then back to work! Take care, Meg from Omaha

LOVE the picture!! Littermates are so sweet together. We have two sets of them(plus the mom of one set)- all formerly feral cats. We have 7(that sure wasn't planned) so no plans on adding to the family for now. Love how they all have totally different personalities.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Allie update...I messaged her on Facebook. She responded with hanging in there and just back from walk. So we hopefully will hear from her soon.

thanks for the update!!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    edited January 2021
    c36v6g2wthbk.png

Well? What have you enjoyed recently?

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    I have enjoyed walking outside, even during our 2 short snowy days.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Did Cathe Friedrich’s You Can Do Anything for a Minute DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Gilad Step Aerobics DVD. We shall see how that one goes. There was a little step in the video today and I was careful of my foot. That bone is weakened and I sure don’t want to re-fracture it

Kate – I could never make socks like those. It probably would help if I knew how to knit, too….lol Great job!

KJ – I am so so sorry about your daughter and grandsons. Oh, your heart must be aching. I know mine would. What a week..and this isn’t even 2020!

Woohoo…I’m getting up there…9 day streak!

Heather – you reminded me, anyone know where PJ’smom is?

Kate – no problem here with Kelly’s posts

Carol – that’s wonderful that Allie posted. Going to check them out right now. Unfortunately, her posts don’t say anything about how the surgery went or how she’s feeling right now. Worried. She’s the kind of person who doesn’t want others to worry about her so she’ll keep things inside of her. I can see her not posting something if it isn’t positive so that worries me.

Mrs_Hoffer – thanks for the instructions. Yes, but did you use a small jar to keep it down or did you use the cabbage leaf? If you had it to do over, would you use the same method? I’ve got my jar, just need to get the cabbage. I know Food Lion has it on sale for 59 cents/pound but I want to check out Aldi’s price first. Update: Aldi had it at 59 cents/pound, too so I just got it there

Days getting longer: I suggested to Vince that he might want to consider changing the timers on the landscape lights to come on later. I know I’m rushing it.

Went to Aldi, my list for there was getting pretty long. They had bananas on sale for 18cents a pound. Guess what is in my freezer right now?

Kylia – 150 beats a minute??? Wow! So glad those meds are working for your hubby. Hope they continue to work indefinitely

Meg – love the names of your cats

Margaret – thanks ever so much for passing on about Allie

Debbie CA – Isn’t it amazing how each cat has its own personality?

Michele NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    KJ - Must have been very scary for the little guys not being allowed to have anyone with them and knowing mom was hurt. Glad they are all going to be OK. Great she has support from fellow workers.

Kate - Lovely colorful socks.

Glad we have heard at least something from Allie.

My favorite flower is carnations. I have enjoyed just working outside. It is chilly but hyacinths are beginning to come up.

I have done really well on food and logging the last 2 days. Just need to keep up with it.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    Thank you for the update on Allie.

We are officially off Outbreak Status at work today. 74 days. We will still be swabbed weekly for the foreseeable future because not everyone is vaccinated and we will be allowing visitors soon. We don’t want to, but we are going to be told to by the powers that be.

My cousin got some sleep last night and just keeps repeating we need a visit.
    I told her I’m ready when she gets home and settled.

My niece has come out to her parents and her Mother had permission to tell me. I don’t know why it has to be an announcement anymore. As far as I’m concerned you love who you love and Family and friends shouldn’t have a say.

I forgot my ice pack at work today. I have a water bottle in the freezer to do for tonight.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,388 Member
    Rebecca - Crap! I have a multipack of washi tape that I am never going to use.....well, maybe not never, but I have only used a bit of a few roles in years. I will start another box for you :smile: .

Okie in the TX Hill Country

Oh my, well friend PLEASE tell me how much it will be when you ship it. I know the box you sent weighed A TON! And thank again!
    All you guys help keep me happily being a pen pal-er, without breaking the bank.💟
    Hugs,
    Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Oooooooooooo
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    {{HUGS}} Tracey!

What brought me joy today was first watching a grey squirrel then a red squirrel playing in the backyard while I was listening to my training webinar. After that was done, I was just sitting playing on my phone when a patch of blue caught my eye. I looked up to see a Bluebird sitting on the branch! It was beautiful! Now, I see Blue Jays and Cardinals all the time, but the Bluebirds are more elusive. About the time I got the camera ready to take it's picture our friend showed up and scared it away. My MIL loved bluebirds and hummingbirds. The funny thing is I immediately thought of her when I saw it. Tonight while looking for something by my husband's work bench, I found her Bluebird magnet that must have fallen there. I wish I knew what she was trying to tell me......

Steps = 11,313
    Protein= 26%
    Water= 60 oz
    Passed test for webinar with 98%
    Got laundry done

All in all I would call it a successful day. I have a doctor's appointment in the morning at 8:00. I can't remember if she wanted me fasting or not......she was concerned with my cholesterol numbers last visit. It may be on my portal. Will check once I post this. I make my appointments early because I don't want to miss work
    (they depend on me) LOL!

I got my husband nothing for his birthday. I really have no ideas. Bummers! Maybe I will make a small chocolate cake in the morning (his favorite).

<3
    Kylia with a book calling her name in Ohio
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,388 Member
    I labeled my soup today, Cry Soup, because I had a nice cry eating it!
    Lol
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Klyia -congrats on the great webinar.

Michele NC