WaistAways - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    PW: 229
    CW: 227

Feeling better seeing the scale go down...now lets get past 227 haha, sorry for being late...I knew I had forgotten something! @jugar
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    @eggfreak -
    Awwww, Sylvia - you'll find the danged reset button somewhere, I'm sure. Go to the animal shelter and see if they have a button hound. Or hit http://flylady.net/ for awesome de-chaos tips and maybe it will appear from some hidden dusty corner. Or that high shelf you can't reach. I'm going to look back to last February's challenge where there was a question per day for all 29 days. Some of the answers were inspiring, and lots of ideas on how to kick it back into gear when stalled were proposed. I'll post a link when I find it. Hugs! Walks!

@conleywoods
    Hoping you can find a nap in there somewhere :grimace:
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    edited January 2021
    @jugar glad you will have some relief soon. 10 months is a long time to put up with discomfort.

@conleywoods glad you were able to take advantage stage of being offered the vaccine. I hope your little one gets some better sleep this week.
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 588 Member
    @jugar that is so exciting!! yay! What a relief it must be. The pants situation in particular sounds so annoying! And how nice to eventually get back to riding, too.

@micki48 I adore any and all granddaughter-related anecdotes, she sounds so fun.

I am watching snow fall from my home office and it is so pretty. I love winter. Although it does mean I likely can't get a real run in today, since I'll probably wear my new snow boots for my lunchtime walk. I am only 3.5 miles shy of my 21 miles running in January! I think I can hit that. Dinners have been yummy this week, and I got a great set of workouts in yesterday. Tonight will be my friend's yoga sculpt class - it was her birthday yesterday, and she titled the theme of this class "Birthday Burpees". Send help. :D
  • jugar
    Kali225 wrote: »
    I am watching snow fall from my home office and it is so pretty. I love winter. Although it does mean I likely can't get a real run in today, since I'll probably wear my new snow boots for my lunchtime walk. I am only 3.5 miles shy of my 21 miles running in January! I think I can hit that. Dinners have been yummy this week, and I got a great set of workouts in yesterday. Tonight will be my friend's yoga sculpt class - it was her birthday yesterday, and she titled the theme of this class "Birthday Burpees". Send help. :D
    Who says you can't run in snow boots? I do it all the time. Even in snowshoes sometimes :grimace: It ain't pretty, but it's kinda wild. And not really sustainable over any distance, I have to admit!

I forgot about the 21 miles in January! I should have kept track of the part of my daily mileage that was actually intentional exercise as opposed to just walking around. If I count them all, according to Fitbit, I passed the 21 miles in a week, so that can't be right. Dang.

But mostly I'm laughing about Birthday Burpees. Who would even think of such a thing? Getting older is bad enough without having to do more burpees each year :astonished: Help is on the way. Not sure what form it might take, but hopefully it will be extra strength, wind, and willingness to try anything rather than some kind of ache or pain making it impossible to do them! Good luck...
  • ells_runs
    ells_runs Posts: 99 Member
    Hi Guys! I'm sorry for late weigh in :-(

CW 212.2 lbs :-)

Good luck everyone!
  • ells_runs
    ells_runs Posts: 99 Member
    Hi Everyone!

I have a very embarrassing favour to ask you, well especially moderators @jugar @micki48

I would like to start new account. Current starting weight, no silly graphs and new food diary.

Will it be possible to remove this account ells_runs and log me in as ellz_runs, please? To start in February with weigh in day on Friday?

I commented with my new account in February sign up thread. At the time I thought I'd like to start as a new member, but the truth is that I really like Waistaways and I can't imagine being in different group.

So what I'm asking is to remove ells_runs as a member of this group and add ellz_runs (who commented in February thread) pretty please :smile:

So sorry for the confusion :-(
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Met all goals today. Steps 12,919
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    sunny9847 wrote: »
    Met all goals today. Steps 12,201
    Sunny - you are amazing. You have met all your goals all month! That means you have set great goals, but it also means you are committed (stubborn?).

Very motivated now. Also have work friends in a group trying to encourage each other. Having to log it everyday is very helpful!
  • jugar
    ells_runs wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!

I have a very embarrassing favour to ask you, well especially moderators @jugar @micki48

I would like to start new account. Current starting weight, no silly graphs and new food diary.

Will it be possible to remove this account ells_runs and log me in as ellz_runs, please? To start in February with weigh in day on Friday?

I commented with my new account in February sign up thread. At the time I thought I'd like to start as a new member, but the truth is that I really like Waistaways and I can't imagine being in different group.

So what I'm asking is to remove ells_runs as a member of this group and add ellz_runs (who commented in February thread) pretty please :smile:

So sorry for the confusion :-(

@ellz_runs no worries! People change their username sometimes, and it is simple for us to change yours. I'll move you to Fridays, and use today's weight as your starting weight. It feels good to make a fresh start, but I am very happy you are sticking with us!
  • fuschiabolero
    fuschiabolero Posts: 35 Member
    Here are my steps for last three days. Work schedule has been a bit crazy, so exercise has been difficult to get in. My logging and meals have been on point, so I am not too off track.
    Tuesday - Barre 45 minutes at high intensity & steps at 7882
    Wednesday - no exercise & steps at 4271
    Thursday - no exercise & steps at 4064
    I don't post a lot but I want to say thank you for being my accountability team! There have been a few nights during this month that I thought about bailing on the process and on my goals but I just kept thinking about this amazing group! Thanks again. Mil Gracias (spanish for a thousand thank yous)
    Have a great night!
    Ana
  • jugar
    We're getting closer to the end of Week 4, and the end of January. The new February chat will open up on Saturday, so we can regroup and be ready for the whoosh of energy in a new month. The official February weigh-ins begin on Sunday!

Here is the weigh-in status report, complete with nagging :smiley:

Overdue!! Please weigh in asap!
    @ChiaGnome
    @evelynladams527
    @tschwery

Due today:
    @conleywoods

Due Friday:
    @healthygirlintransit
    @SMcFall0215
    @CanadianGiraffe
    @happimess01
    @Pearl4686
    @Steph1498

As always, the good, the bad, the triumphant, the disappointing - all the numbers are welcome. If there is a disappointment, the best thing to do is record it, push through, and never give up. If life is too crazy busy and you need a week off, let me know!
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    @micki48 steps for January 28
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    edited January 2021
    @jugar I forgot my steps for yesterday January 27 13,500

I'll go back and check, but I have missed your other step posts before this one for this week. Did you post them?

UPDATE: I went back through the posts and checked. I have no steps for you @CurvyCalorie for Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday. It's fine to wait until the end of the week, but I know you usually do it daily. :)

Still doing ok here. Ok. Not great. My eating is fine. My exercise is kinda stinky. You all are so amazing. Such dedication to your exercise. I am not competitive. I don't buy much, so I'm not sure a reward would work. If I really wanted something, I'd get it. Not sure working toward it would motivate me. I don't play games in my head that way. Even having an accountability buddy doesn't seem to motivate me. I'm not sure what my problem is. It might be my menopause, "I don't care" mindset! Why do I not make myself exercise? This is not new. I have never been a workout person. I like to walk, do PIlates, and play tennis (not right now), but I also let any ole' excuse deter me from doing so. Geez. I'm tired of myself. LOL

Oh well, that was a cheery update. My steps were short again today. I'll try again tomorrow. I know this for sure. When my family comes over (which is often), I don't do what I need to do. ie exercise, steps, log. Grace is the word...again!

Tomorrow is another day. What should my word be?
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    @micki48 thanks for sharing your story about motivation. I wanted to let you know that your calendar really helped me last year. In 2020, I used it for calories. While I wasn’t always within my goal. This calendar helped remind me that my daily efforts contribute to my overall health. In 2021 I’m using it for intentional exercise. x1xil54n0jjj.jpeg
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    PW - 255.7 lbs
    CW - 254.2 lbs
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    edited January 2021
    micki48 wrote: »

Still doing ok here. Ok. Not great. My eating is fine. My exercise is kinda stinky. You all are so amazing. Such dedication to your exercise. I am not competitive. I don't buy much, so I'm not sure a reward would work. If I really wanted something, I'd get it. Not sure working toward it would motivate me. I don't play games in my head that way. Even having an accountability buddy doesn't seem to motivate me. I'm not sure what my problem is. It might be my menopause, "I don't care" mindset! Why do I not make myself exercise? This is not new. I have never been a workout person. I like to walk, do PIlates, and play tennis (not right now), but I also let any ole' excuse deter me from doing so. Geez. I'm tired of myself. LOL

This! I could have written this exact same thing! Can't moyrivate myself. I buy very little for myself too and if I really want something, I'll just get it. Urgh. Wish I could play these mind games to 'reward myself'.
    Anyway, rant over.
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    @SMcFall0215
    Fridayyysss

PW-164.0
    CW 163.4

Happy Friday y’all!!! I hope you enjoy your day and your weekend..
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    PW: 159.4
    CW: 158.4

I’m excited how this is going for now. For most of January I have been watching my macros and trying to have less than 100 carbs daily.
    It’s had a positive effect on my diet and reduced my cravings. In February I am going to work on consistency in my sleep routine.
This discussion has been closed.