WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2021

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Margaret: Thanks so much for letting us know that Allie is okay. :smiley:

Meg: Your kitties are cuties. :bigsmile::

M in OZ: I’ve enjoyed spending time with DH and the dog. I worked hard today and decided to get a scoop of chocolate peanutbutter ice cream at the ice-cream shop. It turns out that getting a scoop there helps me to be satisfied with one scoop. If I buy a larger quantity of ice cream I have trouble with self-discipline and end up eating too much. :embarassed:

Tracey: I’m sorry about the news on Dillon’s lungs. I hope for a miracle for him and improved lung function. :flowerforyou:

I did some grocery shopping today and spent the rest of the day at home. I watched TV veterinarian shows, from Doctor Pohl to Doctor Kay. I love to see the birds and mammals, but I’m not a fan of snakes. :noway:

Have a great evening.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    @kymarai @sh0tzz99 Thanks for the encouraging words.

@auntiebk its trial and error
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    (((Tracey))))
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    edited January 2021
    Tracey - That is so sad about Dillon. DH'S nephew is a nurse in charge of a big palliative ward. It has been a very long year for him. :'( Plus he caught covid last month. Tired. For him the light is a new baby due in February.
    Long Covid is going to be a health problem for a long time to come. I think my old lover who died in December was another victim. He was ill in January when no one was looking for the virus and never got over it. Even mild illness at first can leave you with long lasting effects. My elder son is one, still struggling with fatigue, and recently a return of anxiety. He thinks he had it in April. He says he is feeling better now and has resumed his video making. I was worried for a bit because he wasn't doing them as regularly.
    I hope for the best for Dillon. Lots of love to you and his family. <3

What did I enjoy yesterday? :D Walking by the sea. Getting my grocery delivery. Chatting with the grocery girl. Being with DH. Watching a Danish TV recording. :p Hearing that my friends have got their vaccination appointments. <3

(((HUGS))) for Bananas. :'(

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    ☘️
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Nebraska sunrise…
    c7a27lcuz9ud.png
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    Julie-HUGS People are even meaner these days. Apparently I think people feel the internet makes them "invisible". That may not be the right word. People say things in emails and online that they wouldn't say in person. I don't "know" you, but I feel that what I do know is that you are a caring, supportive, disciplined person. Mean people suck!
    Scale was done this morning! Happy dance! I usually weight a few days to post new weight to see if not just a fluke. I believe this one though thanks to walking, tracking, and yes, all my water yesterday.
    Placed help wanted on our work Facebook page on Wednesday. Had two applicants come in Wenesday and 3 applicants on line yesterday. I gave them to SIL. (Not MY job). Lets see if she follows through! I really need a pick up/delivery driver, at least one mechanic, and would love another counter helper since I can't depend on her. The first two are the most important.

I just told my husband that I was sorry I didn't get him a birthday present. I couldn't think of anything and I haven't been anywhere. He said he already got his present....me 😍

I better get my teeth brushed and head out to Dr and work. There will be a coffee stop after Dr!

<3
    Kylia where winter weather may be coming to Ohio this weekend
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    c36v6g2wthbk.png

Well? What have you enjoyed recently?

M in Oz

Recently ... like since I finished uni in October ... I've felt like it has been a mad rush from one thing to the next. I thought there was going to be more relaxation but that has not happened!

So what have I enjoyed?

I enjoy our beach. I like walking on the beach or near the beach. I like looking at the bay out the window. And I like hearing the waves in the evenings. The last few days there has been a decent swell out there which we can hear quite clearly.

I enjoy sleeping in on weekends (like tomorrow morning).

I enjoy my little kitty's purrs.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited January 2021
    Flower - my favourite flower scent is lilacs but my favourite to look at is lupin.

Lilacs are my favourite flower scent too. :) In fact, just after I finished my uni course, I bought a lilac tree. They aren't common here, but I found one and had to have it!

My hip and lower back feels better today, but my mid back is very sore. Maybe it’s because I’m getting things back in order.

I should go do my physio exercises.
    Tracey in Edmonton

I'm seeing my physio in early Feb about my hip. I'm hoping she will send me for an MRI.

In December 2018 , I was running, twisted my leg a little and my right hip started giving me mild pain. It eased off over Christmas, even though I was lengthening my runs, but when I ran a half marathon in January 2019 , it started really hurting with about 3 km to go. I had an MRI and rested and did exercises and the hip pain went away. So this past winter, during shutdown, I started running again a couple times a week and quite easily got up to 5 km. Then I had my nose surgery and stopped running for a few months, but I tried again in October and that was OK.

Then, at some point in November, my right hip started giving me some twinges and it has steadily become worse and worse. I went to a chiro a couple weeks ago, and that seemed to help a little bit for a few days but then it was back. The pain goes from my lower back, around the right hip, into the groin and down the inside of my thigh to my knee. Sometimes it feels like it radiates up into my lower abdomen on the right side and I've had moments where I've thought that if I had an appendix, it might be the problem!

But I am having increasing difficulty climbing stairs or stepping up into the bus. If I get down onto the floor to play with Rhody, I have to have a chair nearby so that I have any chance at all of getting up - that leg/hip is so incredibly painful I can't lift myself up with it. I've had to change sides for getting on the bicycle. I used to sling my right leg over the saddle, but I can't do that at all now. Instead I precariously try to balance on my right leg, which I can only do for a moment, and sling my left leg over. At this rate, I'm going to have to switch to my folding bicycle which is a step-through.

My doctor's practice has decided to go to telehealth only so there is no point booking something about my hip there, however, I can see my physiotherapist and she has dealt with my hip issue before, back in early 2019. Hopefully, there will be an MRI first, and then we'll see what to do.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Just received an update that Dillon is considered paliative. Doctors don’t feel his lungs will recover.

Tracey

Very sorry to hear that.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    2oosccq6h1gn.jpeg

Same problem on other posts this is what it looks like. Weird because if I do quote it displays correctly. Presuming it’s something on my iPad

Kate
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    So Dr. Appointment was good. She said toenail normal, no concerns. She was happy with my weight and blood pressure. Apparently my sinuses are yucky according to my ears. That is normal as is winter, but haven't been bad enough for me to take allergy meds yet. She was happy I fasted, so she could check cbc and cholesterol. Fingers crossed it comes out better. Mentioned depression, she said that too is normal right now. If I have major problems she can prescribe something, but doesn't like to unless really needed. Not at this point because I have an awesome support system! Thank you ladies!
    gws764qvlqkt.jpg
    My view this morning leaving for work.
    The Nebraska sunrise was breath taking too.
    Time to head to work.
    Kylia
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    edited January 2021
    Margaret - so sorry about your niece. It must bring a lot of sorrow back to you. <3<3

Kate UK
    - i presume you've done a full shut down, wait 15 secs and start it up again. I had to do that the other day when my Yahoo went stupid. Just unloading and reloading the Yahoo app wasn't enough. Grrrrrr! I always use the website for mfp, not the app, even on my phone.

I've prepped dinner (I like to get the bulk of it done early) and now I'm off for my bonus rowing with French and Spanish news videos. :D I was really dragging this morning, but got through all my routine including writing. I find having a regular routine to my day really helps me. I could so easily just stay in bed.

I donated a very small sum of money this morning to a fund called CABS FOR JABS. It's to provide taxis for old and disabled people so they can get their jabs done. Our local cab company boss was funding it out of his own money, but someone started a gofundme page. Excellent idea. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    💜❤️💛