WeightNoMore - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,305 Member
    melaniedscott
    Week 4 (Wed weigh-in)
    PW: 210.3
    CW: 209.7

Hey, trending down in spite if my completely slug like behavior. I don't like cold. And it snowed last night (not like Theresa and Lisa level snow...but snow). It had snowed a little yesterday...had and appointment and was running late. Stepped outside. KITTEN! Have to clear the car before I can go! Same today. Well, my lovely, wonderful husband cleared my car before he left. So sweet!

Anyway, slug. But the past couple days have been on point for calories...so.

Well, my breakfast is beeping and I need to put on human clothes so I can work and go to my dentist this am. Have a terrific day everyone!

Haha. We had some pretty snow yesterday. We hadn't really had any since Christmas. Here's a picture plus a video of Xavy because he loooves snow: https://youtu.be/y3jPs47jwXY
    j3t5imtho4v7.png

That looks very similar to here, right now...but I know you guys get more snow than we do. My husband spent most of his formative years in Calumet, MI and he has snow stories...

Xavy is funny! Reminds me of my SIL's dog (husky ish?)...they just moved to Syracuse, NY and she (Suki, the dog) resists all suggestions that she comes inside when there is snow. SIL is sure Suki is thinking, 'Go away, peasant. You are spoiling my fun.' The north is so much better for her breed than the south. Imagine wearing a fur coat in 95 F degree heat and 89% humudity all the time...
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    tryingagain5
    Wednesday
    Week 5?
    PW: 210.0
    CW: 208.6
    Loss: 1.4
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 934 Member
    tryingagain5
    Wednesday
    Week 5?

This is a great month for you, Linda :blush:
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 416 Member
    tryingagain5
    Wednesday
    Week 5?

Looks great, congratulations
  • debbiewsharpe
    @1theresamcvean

Love the video, you little pup sure looks excited. This is how I feel when we have snow. It is actually snowing in NC today. It started late last night and will continue into the morning. Maybe 2 inches.
  • debbiewsharpe
    @melaniedscott

Never heard anyone use the term slug for a description. LOVE it. It is so appropriate some days, I call them my PJ days. Still in pj at 4PM This is one I have to remember! :):)
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    edited January 2021
    Pw 151.8
    Cw 149.4

Was a good week, we are in a "state of emergency" so back to lockdown for while, this has been hard on my motovation. Whenever I get the mind set im home and not seeing anyone I get off track very easily so have been making a mental effort to stay away from snacks and actually do a run and not put it off till later. However it finally snowed! So I pulled my son around on his sled yesterday through a trail with the dogs for almost two hours, and that may be the hardest workout I've done in awhile lol and we have been working on teaching him to skate which is so funny considering I'm awful at it, but he likes it so I guess its time for me to buy some skates again. Lol here is me attempting to get him to skate while all he wanted was to "swim on the ice".

z08x6qqyi2s0.jpg
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    edited January 2021
    Ljdanny
    Week 4
    Pw 192
    Cw 190.8
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    That looks very similar to here, right now...but I know you guys get more snow than we do. My husband spent most of his formative years in Calumet, MI and he has snow stories...

Did someone say "snow stories"? As someone who spent the majority of her childhood in Wisconsin... there's a lot I could say. Very grateful I don't have to shovel the driveway for my apartment building.

mxlaw90 wrote: »
    So I pulled my son around on his sled yesterday through a trail with the dogs for almost two hours, and that may be the hardest workout I've done in awhile lol and we have been working on teaching him to skate which is so funny considering I'm awful at it, but he likes it so I guess its time for me to buy some skates again. Lol here is me attempting to get him to skate while all he wanted was to "swim on the ice".

z08x6qqyi2s0.jpg

How sore are you today? All that pulling had to have been such a workout! Worth it, I'm sure, but muscles don't recognize sentiment.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    week 4
    pw: 159.3
    cw: 161
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    minstrelofsarcasm
    January Week Four

Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 168.0 (January 21st)
    CW (Current Weight): 169.8 (January 28th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 64.2 lbs

Welp. I knew it was coming. I've been seeing numbers like this all week, and I know it's from my body repairing my muscles from the resistance training I added into my workout regimen this past week. I've even been eating more in line with a recomposition diet than one geared towards weight loss to help my body readjust. And yet, while knowing all that, these numbers are disheartening. I have a post-it above my scale to remind me that my worth is not tied to a number, and I need to let that sink in further than just the surface. I am healthy, I am strong, and I know I'm doing something that's good for me, regardless of what the nefarious scale has to say.

Food:

I've been eating well. Lots of veggies, lean proteins, very few pretzel & strawberry jelly binges... With the amount I've been working out lately, I'm very proud of myself for not stopping at Chipotle and loading up on a burrito, chips, AND queso on the way home. There are a lot of ways I used to sabotage myself under the guise of "I worked out, so I earned this", and I'm finding it easier and easier to recognize when I'm slipping into that mindset and then stop myself.

Exercise:

Still spinning. A lot.
    Resistance training. Twice a week. At least.
    Am I overdoing it? I don't know yet. I'm still playing with the schedule. I'm still figuring out the best way to recover without the regular use of acetaminophen (because pain meds can get in the way of muscle growth in certain conditions - I'll find my source for this and post it if there's interest). Lots of stretching, lots of foam rolling, lots of water. Gotta hydrate before I die-drate.

Mindset:

I think I've covered this mostly in my summary at the top of this post. My spirits are generally pretty high, and when I look back at the last time I was able to incorporate resistance training, I can see the patterns I'm following. If I keep checking in with myself and stay on top of my bad habits, I'll be just fine. It's good to know I have this community behind me to support my goals and hold me accountable.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited January 2021
    We got snow overnight here in Durham NC, maybe an inch in my back yard and a dusting in the front, I think most of it stayed in the trees. I do not like snow so hope it's gone this afternoon.
    I have started a new project working on a sample size loom. I spent all morning yesterday rolling up the yarn that got tangled in a mess. The afternoon was taken up with cutting the lengths of yarn (about 120 of them) and tying them to the loom. The actual weaving will take so much less time and I'm excited to see the finished project.
    And yes, I am still working on the cross stitch. It's about two thirds done and I'm excited to see it finished and framed.
    You would think with all this crafting I would not find the time to eat too many snacks, but overeat I did yesterday and it showed up on the scale this morning. It's temporary I know, but as Ashley said the numbers are disheartening.
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member

Did someone say "snow stories"? As someone who spent the majority of her childhood in Wisconsin... there's a lot I could say. Very grateful I don't have to shovel the driveway for my apartment building.

mxlaw90 wrote: »
    So I pulled my son around on his sled yesterday through a trail with the dogs for almost two hours, and that may be the hardest workout I've done in awhile lol and we have been working on teaching him to skate which is so funny considering I'm awful at it, but he likes it so I guess its time for me to buy some skates again. Lol here is me attempting to get him to skate while all he wanted was to "swim on the ice".

z08x6qqyi2s0.jpg

How sore are you today? All that pulling had to have been such a workout! Worth it, I'm sure, but muscles don't recognize sentiment.

Lol, I've been doing hiit workouts for years and I think my legs are worse from this. My dog is part husky maybe next time she pulls the sled, on the bright side my son actually napped for the first time in ages
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    I have been having a very stressful week, having some personal problems. It's taking its toll on me. Today was the first time I have worked out since last Tuesday. This is also the first time this week I got my steps in. I am going to have to make up for it the next few days. I haven't eaten a lot except for the Cadbury mini eggs but then they make me sick because I don't have a lot food in my stomach. The only upside is my granddaughter is starting back to daycare next week where I work so I will be able to see her all the time, not that i don't see her often but daily is going to be great.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    @mxlaw90 my nieces dog was a big coon hound mix and she would pull all the kids back up the hill on a car hood. Over and over again until they were done. They didn’t even have to get off of it.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Kandi3670
    Week 21
    Weigh in day Saturday. Weighing in on Friday this week only
    PW 179.4
    CW 180.2
    Gain 0.8 lbs

Steps
    Sat. 6947
    Sun 3077
    Mon. 8823
    Tue. 16712
    Wed. 12614
    Thu. 10161

• debbiewsharpe
    @mxlaw90
    The skating and time with your son sure looks like a fun way to exercise!

@ljdanny - nice loss, congrats! Sorry to hear you have had a bad week, prayers!

@minstrelofsarcasm - looks like you are doing GREAT. Figuring out what works for you is key to success.

@KUMEcycling - and Bob was never to be found again!

@kandi3570 - small gain but the steps are good. Have a great weekend

WE HAD SNOW HERE YESTERDAY, that doesn't happen often in NC. It was pretty for awhile then all gone by late afternoon. I did not walk outside at all yesterday but got over 20,00 steps inside. I was helping to organize a fundraiser for a friend from church (double lung transplant needed) and stayed on the phone ALL day until 10 last night. I walked while I talked!!!! I hope to see the sun today.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Friday weigh day and its a good one! WOOT!

today's weight 208.8

AND.... also measurement day (usually i do it on the 1st but today was close enough)

from jan 1 - 2" off hips, 2" off waist, 1" off bust, 1" off midriff, and fractions of inches off other measurements. clothing size hasnt changed but to be fair... i pretty much live in leggings. my jeans were a bit tight to begin with, so i expect at least another 10 pounds before i notice a change there. but measurements dont lie, its going in the right direction!

and as always, I know I don't comment and follow in here .i don't get group notifications so.... i truly forget until my weigh day the majority of the time. I do post on my wall here on mfp probably too much and talk about our farm, and dogs, and *kitten* about stuff irrelevant to mfp land but my friends and I have fun. Do feel free to send a friend request. especially if you like dogs and farm animals LOL

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    PS I also eat cookies every day and talk about oreos a lot.

cause who doesn't need bedtime cookies? LOLOLOL
This discussion has been closed.