• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    Saturday

PW 196
    CW 196.5
  • micki48
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    @micki48 thanks for sharing your story about motivation. I wanted to let you know that your calendar really helped me last year. In 2020, I used it for calories. While I wasn’t always within my goal. This calendar helped remind me that my daily efforts contribute to my overall health. In 2021 I’m using it for intentional exercise. x1xil54n0jjj.jpeg

Awww Steph, I'm so glad that helped you. I am so off track. I need to take my own advice. I am sure I have pandemic fatigue. I rarely leave my house. This is not good. I need to use mine this year. January is over, but I can start February. I used it for exercise last year and it went pretty well. I am not doing anything now. Perhaps I should do a second year of exercise. Thanks for sending that motivation back at me.
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    micki48 wrote: »

Still doing ok here. Ok. Not great. My eating is fine. My exercise is kinda stinky. You all are so amazing. Such dedication to your exercise. I am not competitive. I don't buy much, so I'm not sure a reward would work. If I really wanted something, I'd get it. Not sure working toward it would motivate me. I don't play games in my head that way. Even having an accountability buddy doesn't seem to motivate me. I'm not sure what my problem is. It might be my menopause, "I don't care" mindset! Why do I not make myself exercise? This is not new. I have never been a workout person. I like to walk, do PIlates, and play tennis (not right now), but I also let any ole' excuse deter me from doing so. Geez. I'm tired of myself. LOL

This! I could have written this exact same thing! Can't moyrivate myself. I buy very little for myself too and if I really want something, I'll just get it. Urgh. Wish I could play these mind games to 'reward myself'.
    Anyway, rant over.

Hugs to you Pearl! We'll keep at this together.
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Met all goals today. Steps 13,508.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    Here we are at the end of our January challenge, week 4. There are a few missing numbers, so if you're still up for it please send them in:
    @ChiaGnome
    @evelynladams527
    @tschwery
    @CanadianGiraffe

and Rhonda @evangsimmons170 - you're back for February, right? Can you update your starting weight and confirm if you want to stay with Friday for your weigh-in day?

It has been a good month for our team, for the most part. @fuschiabolero hit 50 pounds lost and @happimess01 hit 100 pounds lost! This is amazing. Next month, a few more big milestones will be hit if all goes well.

As a team, even without the few missing weigh-ins, we lost a respectable 63.6 pounds. Six people had a loss every single week this month. And even if some people are hitting a stagnant patch, you are here! It will get better - this is the time to not give up.

@micki48 - I hear your covid fatigue! But I strongly suggest you get outdoors every day. The outdoor air, even when the weather is not looking too great, that fills you up with something new. Staying in and not exercising compounds feelings of listlessness and even depression. And there's a kitchen. And pantry. It's dangerous :grimace: In any case, hang in there!
  • micki48
    One thing about setting up a workout station in the corner of the bedroom... While stretching on the mat you realize just how infrequently you vacuum under the bed....

Ha ha! I know that feeling. It's incredible what can accumulate under there.
  • fuschiabolero
    fuschiabolero Posts: 35 Member
    Friday - steps 3,281
    Saturday - barre 45 min medium intensity and steps 8,021
    Looking forward to February!
    Although the snow pictures look really cool, I am a Texas girl that probably would not survive the cold weather. It was sunny and 75 in Dallas today! Have a great Sunday everyone!
  • micki48
    Take care and keep up the good work, or Get your butt back to it, there is no giving up, we are not quitters ! ( Whichever one fits for you today...:))

@Gidgitgoescrazy Me <raises hand wildly> Thanks for that reminder. We are not quitters. No giving up. Good luck next week with the new job too. Pamper yourself on Monday! :smile:
    [But I strongly suggest you get outdoors every day. The outdoor air, even when the weather is not looking too great, that fills you up with something new. Staying in and not exercising compounds feelings of listlessness and even depression. And there's a kitchen. And pantry. It's dangerous:grimace:In any case, hang in there!quote]

@jugar Thanks! I needed that. I really need to make myself go out. I make every excuse. Starting tomorrow, I will get outside every day. There may even be a little snow and ice tomorrow. You are right though, getting out does a body (and mind) good. Sorry I haven't been the best co-captain the last few weeks. Glad we have so many other people on our team to pick up the slack. So, thanks to you all. I sure don't have this all figured out yet.
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    edited January 2021
    Steps for Saturday 18,080

I did eat back some of my exercise calories today, but I think I earned it. Lol
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 538 Member
    @jugar (copied from Wednesday-ahem) my highest weight was probably more, but I recorded 198 as highest. My current weight is 187.5. I seem to be in a plateau, again.
    It’s been hard to check in every day for all sorts of reasons, but no excuses.
    I realize how much I rely on others to help motivate me or at least help remind me that they’re there to keep me company while exercising or walking.
    I like the suggestion you mentioned - do a small exercise routine every day before supper time prep. If no exercise, no supper.
    Asking my family to help support my effort to clean up my diet and eat smaller portions is important. If it’s not easy to ask for it, I need to “act-as-if” and keep going!
    I’ll check in earlier tomorrow and come up with a plan.
    Happy almost Février!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    @jugar
    Can I please move to support for next month? Right now I am in over my head and I am looking for things to simplify my life while I focus on some other more pressing things. Our son has moved back with us for a bit until his vision improves and he can be on his own. But his diabetes is proving very brittle and we are completely re-working eating and focusing on counting carbs so I am finding keeping up with logging and planning for me is very difficult. I have also put my training and weight lifting aside for now. I don’t want to drop out but I need to take a pause for a bit. Best wishes to everybody on your journeys! And I will be back...
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    So today I have officially joined this program I mentioned before. I've done the first workout which was legs & abs 30 minutes. It was ok but I was very sweaty. Now need to commit to logging food again and stick to it! Wish me luck.
  • jugar
    @jugar
    Can I please move to support for next month? Right now I am in over my head and I am looking for things to simplify my life while I focus on some other more pressing things. Our son has moved back with us for a bit until his vision improves and he can be on his own. But his diabetes is proving very brittle and we are completely re-working eating and focusing on counting carbs so I am finding keeping up with logging and planning for me is very difficult. I have also put my training and weight lifting aside for now. I don’t want to drop out but I need to take a pause for a bit. Best wishes to everybody on your journeys! And I will be back...
    Absolutely! You are an amazing mom - and your son is fortunate to have such amazing support through this difficult time. Helping him re-work his diet and have a safe place to live are both going to make a huge difference. Try to carve out a few minutes here and there for yourself :heart: You will be on support team, but are welcome to drop by here any time.
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    So today I have officially joined this program I mentioned before. I've done the first workout which was legs & abs 30 minutes. It was ok but I was very sweaty. Now need to commit to logging food again and stick to it! Wish me luck.
    Congratulations! Starting a new program, especially one you have to pay for (!) can really be just the kick we need to get things going again. And sweaty is good! Earn those showers :sunglasses:
  • jugar
This discussion has been closed.