FOOD

My name is none of your concern but I want to talk about how food can take over your life it is really easy but with the right mind set you can make it

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,940 Member
    Yeah.

Let's talk about food.

I took a walk to the fish market today. I wanted a dungeness crab. I got a small one; about 1.3 pounds. Way smaller than the 2.2 pounder I got the other day that was delicious.
    s620xzd9b7xo.jpg

I have been craving fresh oysters. The most local ones are about an hour away, and this market usually has them. Because of how they grow, they can't harvest until at least three days have passed from a major rain. So they had some from Totten Inlet which is in the southern end of the Puget Sound (which I call the Salish Sea). They were oh so salty and delicious. I'm hoping to get some Umpqua Triangle oysters some time soon.
    5fdt3g9waxl9.jpg

I think I am getting this mindset right.
  • mtaratoot
    Let's talk about bikes.

I need to get back to spending more time on mine. No chain - belt drive. Quiet and clean. But it means the gears are an internally geared hub, and.... heavy. Great commuter bike. It's either the future of bikes or an evolutionary dead-end.

• mtaratoot
    Actually, I think it was Slartibartfast, and what he actually said was, "My name's not important. You must come with me, or you'll be late." Vogon attack was imminent, and it was time for some pan galactic gargleblasters, or at least a few pints.

• PremGandhi
    PremGandhi Posts: 115 Member
    This is the best chat thread on MFP atm. Everyone else ia just way too serious
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member
    The MFP ATM?

Is that the one you deposit and withdraw calories from?

I’d talk bikes, but mine is pretty sissy. So, yoga mats.

I have five. The cat has only managed to chew the corner off two and a knee pad. He’s not working hard enough.
    jwbk37r9pg3s.jpeg
    Why won’t you let me join the Zoom class
  • springlering62
    I find that closing my eyes so they can’t stare me into submission works.

Sometimes.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    ngl i'm pretty disappointed that OP just made one post and dipped, i want to learn the secrets of chemosynthesis
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    9capooarzmzr.jpg
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited January 2021
    998c5kgpx1rq.jpeg

• mtaratoot
    edited January 2021
    My bike's name is none of your concern but I want to talk about how bikes can take over your life it is really easy but with the right mind set you can make it

• springlering62
    5u73tzuv1fri.jpeg
  • mtaratoot
    OH YES!!!!

My name is none of your concern.

There's a lot you don't know about me. Things you wouldn't understand. Things you COULDN'T understand. Things you SHOULDN'T understand!
  • AmunahSki
    AmunahSki Posts: 87 Member
    My name is none of your concern but I want to talk about how skiing can take over your life... it’s not easy but with the right mind set you can make it... but after the initial high, it’s downhill all the way... :D