The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,479 Member
    @donimfp I bought the fake gin called Monday. It tastes pretty legit. However I am thinking this may be a slippery slope for me. I have been thinking about real drinks more. Maybe I better just stick to seltzer. But damn, it does taste good.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    @donimfp I bought the fake gin called Monday. It tastes pretty legit. However I am thinking this may be a slippery slope for me. I have been thinking about real drinks more. Maybe I better just stick to seltzer. But damn, it does taste good.

hmmmm sounds pretty good. I never liked gin but it may hit the NA spot.
  • RubyRed427
    @whitpauly I'm so sorry for your loss. You have been through so much. So sorry.
  • SunnyDays930
    @whitpauly I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. How very sad. So many here were asking where you are. You are very much part of our "family" here. I am glad to see you back.
  • RubyRed427
    https://youtu.be/9LUm51Z-Ii0

Real down to earth talk about being sober and drinking....
  • RubyRed427
    @FeelinFooFoo This was lovely. Inspirational. Let's continue to listen for signs. <3
  • RubyRed427
    edited January 2021
    For anyone doing Dry January !! You almost made it. Just a few more days.
    Now, the decision will be whether to continue your streak or not. Gauge how you feel emotionally and physically without alcohol in your body for one month vs. how you feel drinking regularly.

I think for me although I still miss drinking and carrying on with friends (like this weekend we are all going shopping and going to "drinks"), I don't want to start at day 1 and have a hangover. The weekends sober are just too darn precious to me. I get so much done and feel so good.
  • RubyRed427
    Hi! Just seeing how you are all doing? I'm good! I went to lunch with friends; they had drinks and I had soda.
    Afterwards, I told my friends, I am nearly 5 months sober. And one friend said "I bet you feel great." She added that lately she cannot seem to drink without feeling awful the next day, even if she only has a few glasses of wine.

I guess everyone has to decide for themselves when enough is enough. :|
  • SunnyDays930
    CONGRATULATIONS @FeelinFooFoo ! That is a BIG DEAL!!! I am so proud of you!!! Despite the fact that those around you are still indulging, you are managing to stay sober. Whether you know it or not, you ARE setting a good example for them. Bravo!
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    In January I tested four alcohol-free beers and here are my ratings.

Heineken 0.0; 7/10 53kcal 250ml
    Beck; 7/10 only 45kcal 330ml
    Carlsberg ; 8/10 bet bang for the buck, 70kcal for 500ml
    Krombacher: 9/10 this one came as a surprise, the most normal tasting beer, 90kcal for 330ml
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    100 days alcohol FREE today ! 😄🤩

I don't think waking up hangover free, will EVER get old 😊

The boys hangover on Saturday reminded me what I'm NOT missing. Downstairs, all the empty bottles & glasses and as I poured them out, I smelled the stale alcohol and yeah, it smelled disgusting. Glad I'm not pouring litres of that stuff into my system anymore 🙏❤

I am doing the happy dance for you!!!!
    Congratulations!!!! I can’t wait to see your tattoo 😊
  • SunnyDays930
    I have many books about quitting alcohol but feel I need a boost. Specifically, has anyone read the Alan Carr book and has any comments on that one?
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Oh yes, Jen! His book and Jason Vale’s are very inspirational!! Two thumbs up.
  • SunnyDays930
    Foo, he is right. You need to fill that space up that you once filled with drinking and nicotine. Being in lock down makes it all harder (to take class or something). Maybe go on youtube and learn how to knit or crochet, try a coloring app ( I Like Happy Color) or even do a yoga or some sort of movement class on youtube. I've picked up knitting again and it does help fill the time.