Women 200lb+, Let's Make It Count This January!!!

Replies

• mumof6sv
    mumof6sv Posts: 12 Member
    Friday weigh in.

It’s been a busy last week and a half that I forgot to post last weeks weigh in. This week gone hasn’t been the best. Haven’t made the best choices but did keep up with exercising daily and drinking water.

Last week I lost 0.8g (1.7lbs)
    This week I’ve lost 0.3g (0.6lbs) not much but I’ll take it.
    CW 102.4kg (225lbs)

I will most definitely not be making my goal weight for the month but I’m hoping to reach it in February.
  • BlossomingJenn
    BlossomingJenn Posts: 23 Member
    @Xandriad I hear you on medical (and others) personnel only looking at calories, calories out. Health, weight, and weightloss are so much more than that, and our bodies are so complex!
    One of the gymnastics coaches my girls had years ago was pretty heavy. She left to go to school, and I didn't see her in quite a while, probably at least 6 months. When I saw her again, she was SO much smaller! I asked her what she was doing. Turns out she had her appendix out and in surgery they found a lot of inflammation that they cleaned out. And her health just turned around after that. Obviously inflammation has a big impact!
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    @gfinley49 you're not alone, I weighed in at 254.1lbs at the start of this month, the highest I'd recorded before (Sept 2017) was 235lbs. I gained about 35lbs in 2020. The important thing is we accept where we are, recognise that we have the ability and the strength to make change happen, however long it takes. And forums like this definitely help :) You got this!
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    @goal06082021 Way to go! Never doubted you'd make your goal, you give such good advice and support to others, and I think that reaps rewards - being kind to others (hopefully) means you can be kind to yourself, and that's when we achieve our goals.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    FRIDAY WEIGH IN DAY!!

Height: 5'3"

SW (8/10/2020): 208.6
    2020 end: 199.8
    2nd GW: 190
    UGW: 130-140

1/1/2021: 199.8
    1/8: 199.8
    1/15: 198.8
    1/22: 196.6
    1/29: 199.4

OK, New Year weekly goals:

:cookie: Log my food every single day, good and bad and stick to my daily calories (1500).
    I logged everything this week!! :)

:cookie: Drink at least 64 oz of water daily.
    Drinking water in cold weather is so difficult. I did take out my little flavor bottles and that helped me drink water, but I never reached my daily goal.

:cookie: Workout 5 times a week for 30 minutes each time.
    It was such a busy week, I needed to do all my errands before the rain came in today (man, was it pouring!! ) I did do a lot of walking... so there's that... but no official workout done.

It hurts to see the number go up, but I know it's just water weight. It was my husband's birthday on Wednesday and I bought his favorite food from a restaurant. The thing is, I bought an amount of food with my old thinking, without realizing that we are not eating as much as we used to. So I ended up having leftovers for yesterday as well, which I hadn't planned for. It was super delicious, but that's why I "gained" so much in one week. Now I have to force myself (even more! ) to drink water to bring down that water retention.
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    @emmclean Congrats on the interview going well! Let us know what you hear next week.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    @emmclean Great job on naiing your presentation! I'll await the good news.

@Lasmartchika It happened to me this week too; the dreaded weight gain. The good news is, we've got this! You have a solid plan, and I do too, so we'll knock it out the park this week.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    CHECK-IN

SW: 1-5-2021: 219.6
    1-11-2021: 211.2
    1-18-2021: 210
    1-24-2021: 207
    1-29-2021: 208.2

I learned a lot about my body the last time I lost weight, which is why I'm not stressing about the gain. I didn't eat well this week (too few calories a couple of days), and my body reacted in kind. So, I adjusted my goal to get more calories. 😁 Now, I just have to balance it all throughout the day so that I'm not forced to eat a huge dinner.

• speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Name: Jane
    Height: 5' 9''
    Starting Weight: 286.5 (6/3/19)

Weight Goal: Maintenance at or below 165
    Jan 1: 162.3
    Jan 8: 163.1
    Jan 15: 164.5
    Jan 22: 163.4
    Jan 29: 163.2

While I did have one weight this week at 165.2, my average weight for the week is 163.5, so staying within range, not too many fluctuations.

I did body weight exercises 3 days this week and 6 days this week for a total of 21.5 miles. Last two runs I had to cut short because my knee was bothering me. I had hoped that the exercises I have been doing would have prevented that pain. I'm due to go on another long run today - working up the courage to brave the cold as my headphones charge. Hopefully the knee won't act up. I'll be going along just fine and then I'll plant my foot in such a way that stresses the knee and it just makes it hard to keep going. I'm hoping this is something that will resolve itself with naproxen and time. At any rate, I'm making this week a "rest week" with a shorter runs.

This week's indulgence was an Earl Grey Tea cake that I made on Sunday. It was fantastic, but I was glad when it was gone. A very small slice was 350 calories so once you log that, that doesn't leave a lot of room for snacks!
    Tuesday is my husband's birthday, and I plan to make his favorite coconut layer cake. That indulgence will be hard to fit in. So I guess it's going to be austerity eating for breakfast and lunch just so I can have my cake and eat it too. I'll freeze half the cake after the big day since it's just the two of us eating it. In the past, I would have taken leftovers to work, but that isn't an option for either of us right now.

The great news is that my husband just went to get his first vaccine shot! He's a high school teacher and the plan is to have the teachers back with in person teaching in March. I'm so happy for him and the students. I'll be at he very bottom of the priority list to get my vaccine, but I'm glad at least one of us will be protected soon.
  • ahende3
    ahende3 Posts: 46 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hey There! Long time user of MFP but looking for accountability and support (someone to call me out if I start looking to be going MIA.

Name: Alicia
    Height: 5' 8"
    Starting weight: 302.6lbs
    Current goal: 292.8lbs
    Ultimate goal: 190lbs (maybe)
  • twosteplove
    twosteplove Posts: 41 Member
    Well the last week of the month did not turn out as expected. I over indulged over my birthday week and stalled my weight loss. It was not only my bday but also two of my kids and my mother in law..all in the same week. I had too much junk food and too much eating unhealthy things the last 10ish days. I had reached my January goal weight and then put 5 pounds back on boo. Not beating myself up over it too bad but i am slightly disappointed. Here is my final weigh in for the month:
    Height: 5'9”
    SW: 287 on 7/12/2020 BMI: 42.4
    CW: 256.2 on 1/2/2022 BMI: 37.8
    I started Mediweight loss in November at 274 pounds. BMI:40.5
    Jan progress: ( i weigh in on Tuesdays at my Mediweight loss appointments)
    1/2: 256.2
    1/5: (goal 252 as i know i have been carrying a lot of water weight this week.) weigh in on 1/5: 248.5 yay!
    1/12: (goal 244) 243.6 it was a good week so i am tweaking the next goal down a pound. :)
    1/19: (goal 239) 236
    1/26: (goal 235. I’d really like to hit this by my bday on 1/21) 233 on my bday :)
    1/30: 238..uh oh too much bday celebration.
    GW for January: 233...a swing and a miss lol. Moving on to February and new goals.
    February 2: (goal 238..looking to level out and not go higher)
    February 9: (goal 232)
    February 16: (goal 227)
    February 23: (goal 225)
    GW for February 28th: 220
    GW for March:200
    GW for April: 190
    GW for May: 180
    GW for June: 170
    GW for July: 160
    UGW: 150 hopefully in time for my daughter’s wedding in late August!!
  • Spotteddingo
    Spotteddingo Posts: 95 Member
    Height:5'8"
    SW: 257.2 on 12.26.20
    GW: 160

1/7- 253.4 DAC- 1250
    1/17- 251.4 DAC- 1262
    1/24- 250.4 DAC- 1368
    1/31- 249.0 DAC- 1251

Goals to stay under 1500 cal., drink 100+oz. H20/ day, get in more steps and cycle.