What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• verybella
    verybella Posts: 1 Member
    Rock climbing at the climbing gym! (Short day though because I ripped up the side of my fingernail getting overly ambitious with a dynamic move, then couldn't get the bleeding under control). At least we made it in for a bit, climbing is always a good end to a busy day.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited January 2021
    verybella wrote: »
    Rock climbing at the climbing gym! (Short day though because I ripped up the side of my fingernail getting overly ambitious with a dynamic move, then couldn't get the bleeding under control). At least we made it in for a bit, climbing is always a good end to a busy day.

Nice! I can't wait for gyms here to reopen. I built a woody in my garden, but it's not really useable when it's raining as the holds are too greasy.

I did some hangboarding yesterday, building up to 15 seconds on the 15mm ledge in a repeater. (I did 15 seconds on, then rested a minute, for 5 reps.)

I then did 3 set of 5 finger curls, 60 kgsl; and 2 sets of 10 bench press, 50 kgs.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    0.25 mile walk (warm-up)
    1.50 mile run
    0.25 mile walking (catch my breath)
    0.75 mile run
    0.25 mile walk (cool down)
    3.00 miles total

Plus some yoga/stretching/cool down because, well, just because! 😉
  • doubleplay_643
    doubleplay_643 Posts: 152 Member
    Started out with 20 minutes of elliptical then completed the following weightlifting session. Bicep/Back day. (low weight-high reps)

s8uqdzpygnwm.png
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    Very quick upper body session today
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    PT session at 4...never know what she's going to bring.
  • Jennliftsandspins
    Jennliftsandspins Posts: 150 Member
    Sydney Cummings workout (glutes)
    A second 30 minute Sydney Cummings workout (cardio and abs) I did with my son at “recess”.
    7.5 km walk with my BFF.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited January 2021
    2500m X 3 at threshold w/ 3 minute rests -- like 11 minute sessions, as hard as sustainable, then 3 rest. Hit 93% max on the last one. Felt easier to stay at 90% max, so I'm starting to acclimate well to pain again. All around 2:16 pace.
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    Howdy, folks!!
    So, it has been quite some time since I've posted in this thread.
    It would be a bit extraneous, I think, to try to catch up on recording all the daily movement regimes I failed to post here, so I'll just summarize it:
    I continued with my usual Team Body Project morning/early afternoon dates. I aim for at least 30 minutes every day - some days I do an hour. Some days I do one session, others I do two (and the rare three), but my workouts typically last between 30 and 60 minutes.
    I stuck to my routine until almost two weeks ago, when I somehow broke a rib. (!!)

Since my injury, I haven't "pressed play" like I usually do. In fact, and I dread to admit, my activity level has decreased tremendously. I thought I was a bit bonkers before this downtime, but these past two weeks I feel like I'm going INSANE. My mind is circulating with fear and worry and anxiety - fear over "losing" any progress I might have made, fear of turning into a "blob", and fear that I won't be able to move like I used to and want to.

Anyway, I didn't come here to unload a flood of complaints and negativity on you all.
    I came here to check in, and also cheer you all on in your journeys.

I really hope I get to enjoy movement with you all VERY soon.

Please be gentle and kind to your bodies, and grateful for every chance you get to celebrate the gift of movement.
    I am gradually starting to realize that I was very selfish with that gift - the gift of mobility. I took it for granted, and I think I might have abused it a bit. Our bodies need rest and recovery just as much as they need exercise. I hope I get another chance to put that into practice and treat my body better.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    70 minute ride on the trainer today: Muscle Tension intervals.

Warmup 5min
    Endurance pace 10 min
    Then 4 x 10 minutes: 6 min Muscle tension (185W) @ low rpms(55-65), 4 min easier pace any cadence
    Endurance pace 10 min
    Cooldown 5 min
  • briscogun
    I usually don't work out on Saturdays, but got up early today and knocked one out! (went out for dinner and drinks last night so need to burn some of that off!):

0.25 mile walk (warm up)
    3 rounds circuit training
    0.25 mile walk (cool down)
  • Djproulx
    Very cold and windy here this morning, so I switched today's planned long run/swim for an endurance ride on the trainer. Put in a slightly longer trainer ride that included some Half Iron effort blocks. 2:10:00 total time.

Warmup: 10min at various outputs: 140, 160, 180, 200watts
    Recover: 5 min ez pace 120w
    Repeat 3 times:
    a) Race Pace - 30min @ 175-180w
    b) Aerobic - 5 min @ 140-155w
    Cooldown: 10min ez spin 105-120w

Struggled a bit this morning, since I'm still carrying leg muscle fatigue from yesterday's low rpm ride.

• alexmose2
    Leg day. Upper body is not sore at all so will get after it again tomorrow.
  • CheerMom715
    CheerMom715 Posts: 37 Member
    Madfit 10 minute warm up. 2 miles on treadmill up hill. 32 mins.

I'm starting over. I feel energized and positive! Gotta shake the remote teaching, Covid funk!

Turning 50 this year.

:)
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Dumbbell squats
    Dumbbell RDLs
    Dumbbell bench press
    One arm dumbbell rows
    Dumbbell shoulder press
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 wrote: »
    Leg day. Upper body is not sore at all so will get after it again tomorrow.

The DOMS kinda hit today so I just did a few mins of core work. Will take the rest of scheduled rest today and tomorrow.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Yesterday, I did leg day:
    Squats, 3 sets of 10, 85 kgs.
    Deadlift, 3 sets of 6, 110 kgs.

Today, I did an 8 mile walk in the morning. I put out the climbing mats for an afternoon climb, and it immediately started to rain. It had been a week since my last climb, so I cursed and then carried on regardless. It was a pretty good session.
  • Djproulx
    Today was a swim/run day. Early morning swim was shortened due to only being given a half hour timeslot, so I focused on drill work and a 10x50 main set.
    Easy long run scheduled for this afternoon. Temp was 13 degrees at 1pm today, so the run was cold. Four of us wore snow spikes for an easy run through the woods, including some creek crossings over snow covered wooden bridges. It was a pretty run and the group helped to pull me along for about 6 miles.

Now its time for some foam rolling and yoga. Rest day tomorrow.

• briscogun
    Yoga.

Shoveled snow for an hour.

I’m beat...
  • TiisTitanium
    TiisTitanium Posts: 235 Member
    Quick handstand practice

Long hula hoop practice learning to do palm spins and back juggle toss.