• MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    bump^^^^
  • LeiLaura
    LeiLaura Posts: 238 Member
    Bump.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    44 here. 40 was my best year... Then I gained some, and now I'm back on the logging and lifting train.

5i7r5uuxcl7t.jpg

9oysr0trs4b2.jpg

je2ini7b08m4.jpg

Wow! You look absolutely amazing!!!
  • RunsWithBees
    j36gpuj0mmbf.jpeg

96 pounds down in a year... 116 down total

I will be 50 this Spring!!

Great transformation! So inspirational!!!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    j36gpuj0mmbf.jpeg

96 pounds down in a year... 116 down total

I will be 50 this Spring!!

You truly are a rockstar! Awesome work, Jill! ❤️
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    WandRsmom wrote: »
    ...Almost 42, here. I started losing at 39 determined to make my 40's the best years yet.

@WandRsmom, the 40's have been my favorite decade so far. Hope you have an awesome journey! B)
  • RunsWithBees
    WandRsmom wrote: »
    9ejkine26lyd.png
    ztdygmc4v3ow.png
    1xlczzhkc1mf.png
    Almost 42, here. I started losing at 39 determined to make my 40's the best years yet.

Fabulous! Great work!
  • RunsWithBees
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I'm in my late 40's. Not sure why anyone would think it's impossible to be fit in your 40's.

I imagine it might be harder to get fit if you are just starting out in your 40's. I already had a fitness foundation that I built in my late thirties, so all I've had to do is maintain. (And maybe work at smaller goals like run pace or weight training, etc.) For me, maintaining isn't any harder now than it was ten years ago. It feels very much the same, TBH. It might even be a bit easier, since I seem to have more discipline as I age.

I don't actually know if it's hard to start from scratch at this age, but I imagine it could be, depending on what you're starting with. I think the older you are when starting your fitness journey, the more challenges you'll likely face, but that doesn't make it impossible, or even unlikely. So get started right now - don't wait! Set your mind to it and get after it!

yttaem3ww4aq.png

So true! It’s never too late to improve yourself no matter what your age!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!