Healthy lunch ideas?

Any healthy lunch ideas? Please share down in the comments

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited February 2021
    I had a smoked ham and Gouda cheese sandwich with lots of mustard and a tiny bit of mayonnaise on whole wheat. 450 calories. Pretty dang good.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    I'll have a tuna fish sandwich for like 200 calories (lite wheat bread, lite mayo, lettuce, tomato). Pair it with Greek yogurt for a nice 300 calorie lunch with good protein.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    What does "healthy" mean for you?

This week I have some DIY Lunchables for my midday meal. Deli ham (14g), gouda slices (60g), oyster crackers (15g), pistachios (14g), red pepper hummus (28g) and baby carrots (54g), and a hard-boiled egg (60g). 424 calories for the lot, 18g carbs/28g fat/24g protein.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited February 2021
    I had salad the last two days, with some homemade sauerkraut, avocado, and a few dried cranberries and nuts. One day the protein was medium boiled egg, today was some lefftover rotisserie chicken. Many times I make chipotle adobo roasted cauliflower with mushrooms and chickpeas😋 Tomorrow I'm probably having pesto zoodles and shrimp.
  • Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    I had roasted chicken today for lunch with half a sweet potato. It was so sweet there was no need to dress it with anything
  • freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    Crispbreads and Dairylea or Laughing Cow. Suits me.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    What do you currently eat/like? I usually don't eat breakfast, so might have a vegetable omelet with cottage cheese or smoked salmon or some avocado or fruit on the side. I also love salads (with a ton of different veg and some fat in the dressing I make and maybe some nuts or seeds or cheese or olives) plus some source of protein, and since it is winter, soups or chili. I also often just have dinner leftovers from the night before (or a couple of nights before).
  • reversemigration
    reversemigration Posts: 168 Member
    Leftovers, often. Or I'll meal prep a one-pot sort of meal and portion it out for the days ahead.

Another tried-and-true for me lunch is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (sometimes with regular pb, sometimes with reconstituted powdered pb) on 100% whole wheat with fruit, raw veggies, and maybe some yogurt on the side. Feeds my inner child and fits my nutritional needs.

I think the key, for me, is planning it out a bit in advance. Pre-logging, as well as just being able to grab the already made meal out of the fridge on my way out the door, makes lunch easy. I need lunch to be easy! (On a side note, this makes it much easier to deal with very well-intentioned co-workers who offer treats or some of their food. "Very kind of you to offer, but I've already packed.")
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    I instapot chicken on the weekend and then portion it out with veggies during the week and reheat in the microwave.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    I pack a big salad almost every day. It's my "raw" meal of the day- lots of fresh veggies (tomatoes, cukes, radishes, celery, carrots) and lots of leafy greens ( kale, bok choy, napa cabbage, spinach), a bit of protein (usually beans, hummus, or tofu) and some spices and vinegar for flavor.
  • KrisJ125
    KrisJ125 Posts: 93 Member
    edited February 2021
    If you like tuna and avocado try this: https://natashaskitchen.com/avocado-tuna-salad-recipe/
    You can scale it down easily and eat it on bread or as a salad. I use the solid white tuna packed in water and add back a good quality oil like olive or avocado (instead of the junky oil in canned tuna). Lots of protein and good fats here plus fiber.
  • ChickenKillerPuppy
    ChickenKillerPuppy Posts: 297 Member
    I eat 4oz of deli turkey on a whole wheat wrap that is 60 calories, and use one tablespoon of light mayo, some red onions, and lettuce. I have a non-fat Greek yogurt with it and some cut up veggies (usually cucumbers and celery). Pretty delish and filling for me, and it's about 340 calories.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I usually have leftovers from the night before and tuna salad sandwich a couple times per week. Grilled some shrimp last night with rice pilaf and asparagus and as usual, made enough for lunch today minus the asparagus, so I had a garden salad with rice pilaf and grilled shrimp for lunch today.
  • rterm
    rterm Posts: 13 Member
    I often have half a grapefruit, Trader Joes Hummus, and a half dozen marinated olives with a small piece of pita bread. I try not to eat a lot of calories for breakfast and lunch, so I can enjoy a more substantial dinner (with wine).
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    What does "healthy" mean for you?

This week I have some DIY Lunchables for my midday meal. Deli ham (14g), gouda slices (60g), oyster crackers (15g), pistachios (14g), red pepper hummus (28g) and baby carrots (54g), and a hard-boiled egg (60g). 424 calories for the lot, 18g carbs/28g fat/24g protein.

That-Sounds-Good-Ill-Have-That-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    I eat the same boring lunch 5 days a week. Just a big salad with mixed greens, carrot, cucumber, celery, tomatoes, Kalamata olives, Feta cheese, roasted chicken breast, lemon infused olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
  • Rocketman98
    Rocketman98 Posts: 9 Member
    For me it is usually leftovers. We plan on Sunday the meals for the following week. I always make a batch of something as a backup. Usually that will be goulash with wheat pasta, jambalaya, or a one pot meal I can eat. This helps me on the days where last night dinner was not what I wanted the next day.
  • stephie_nyc
    stephie_nyc Posts: 96 Member
    I've been working remotely the past few weeks so I can make Kodiak pancakes. I have them with a side of Greek yogurt, cinnamon, and Walden Farms pancake syrup. I've just been craving something sweet and warm for lunch lately.
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    My lunch is around 300 calories. I tend to eat the same few meals with slight changes:
    - Pasta salad
    - Eggs and soldiers
    - Sandwiches - egg or cheese, with fruit
    - Cheese toasties (usually weekends)