NO LATE NIGHT SNACKING CHALLENGE-- FEB 2021

Replies

• Mewlingstork
    Mewlingstork Posts: 266 Member
    edited February 2021
    No eating after 8pm every day but if my net calories are too low after hockey some nights, I'm ok with having something small that fits my macro goals.

Me: 1
    LNS: 0

For times like this it helps to keep in mind the reason behind the LNS - to avoid adding extra calories you don't need. If your net calories are too low, to stay healthy you need to break the LNS rule. And your health is more important than any rule.

Thank you for your support, I agree! Last month I had moments where I struggled between my LNS 'rule' and net calories. I've never been one to do much undereating (I am here to lose weight, after all!) but I also understand the nature of the guesstimate factor of exercise calories. I have been aiming for a happy balance and eat back about half of the exercise calories. It's been working so far! :)

Edited because I messed up the quote
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    Me:2
    LNS:0
    Streak:2
  • MERJ0
    MERJ0 Posts: 73 Member
    Me: 1

Streak 1
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,005 Member
    Me: 2

Amanda

What's your trigger food?
    When I was snacking a lot at night, I used to eat a bunch of the Snyders Pretzel pieces honey mustard.

Hubby bought a huge BJs size bag of it, and it felt like it was my crack. I physically had to move away from it.
    I'm going to bed early; already brushed my teeth and put in my night-time mouth guard.

Tomorrow's another day.
  • Mewlingstork
  • MERJ0
    MERJ0 Posts: 73 Member

Streak: 2
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member

Streak +4
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,079 Member
    Me2
    Lns0
  • feliciaboots
    feliciaboots Posts: 440 Member
    My February LNS rule - No consuming of calories between 8 PM & 6 AM. January: 75%, Best: 81%

Me: 3*
    Streak: 3

Yesterday was a really good day - got the all clear from my doctor in my annual checkup, ran 3.5 miles (first time in a good six months) and didn't go crazy on the food! PLUS I'm down like 5 lbs from the beginning of the year!
  • caloricus
    caloricus Posts: 591 Member
    Me 1
    LNS 1
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    @Feliciaboots You just have good news all around today! Congrats on all 3! I know you were glad to be able to run again after a hiatus. I took a much longer hiatus from running after a bad case of plantar fasciitis. I’m back at it these days, but it’s definitely jogging for me, not running these days! I’m thrilled to be able to do it though!

And losing 5 pounds since Jan 1 is AMAZING!!🎉

Me:3
    LNS:0
    Streak:3
  • NewMeMAF
    NewMeMAF Posts: 3 Member
    Me: 3

Streak: 3
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,005 Member

Amanda
  • Mewlingstork
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Feb 3

Me: 3*

Streak: 4
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    LNS: 1

Streak 0
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,079 Member
    Me3
    Lns0
  • feliciaboots
    @Feliciaboots You just have good news all around today! Congrats on all 3! I know you were glad to be able to run again after a hiatus. I took a much longer hiatus from running after a bad case of plantar fasciitis. I’m back at it these days, but it’s definitely jogging for me, not running these days! I’m thrilled to be able to do it though!

Thanks doll! I am just realizing how stressed I have been for so long and with things coming around as they are hopefully it continues! TBH the biggest things I did were give up coffee and soda pop (unless it's extremely rare occasions) and severely limited my alcohol consumption.

5 pounds is just the start - my goal is to be back to 210 lbs by the end of the year!
  • feliciaboots
    My February LNS rule - No consuming of calories between 8 PM & 6 AM. January: 75%, Best: 81%

Me: 4*
    Streak: 4
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member

Thanks doll! I am just realizing how stressed I have been for so long and with things coming around as they are hopefully it continues! TBH the biggest things I did were give up coffee and soda pop (unless it's extremely rare occasions) and severely limited my alcohol consumption.

5 pounds is just the start - my goal is to be back to 210 lbs by the end of the year!

Hey @feliciaboots !
    Congratulations!!
    My husband dropped ~ 28lbs by cutting out all soda & alcohol!
    Then COVID hit & we completely stopped eating any restaurant food. Whenever did takeout &still don’t.
    He dropped further. Normal BMI.
    Never counted a calorie or weighed a gram 🤣
    218 to173. -45lbs (which neither of us thought he had to lose TBH)

He’s a lifelong <10 min runner, which he finds more enjoyable now that he’s lighter!

I’m Envious as I track all my food, etc, but different genetics, modeling by our parents, etc.

PS He also now limits caffeinated coffee to one per day!

I had to Comment as such a similar approach!