What can you not let go of?

Replies

• GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    I have a hard time letting go of:

1. Like @_sw33tp3a_11, my ancient hair dryer (25yrs). It really needs to be recycled at this point. I also have a curling iron that I've had for about 30yrs which still works perfectly fine except that I curl my hair maybe twice a year.
    2. Old clothes that don't fit in one way or another. From fat clothes to skinny clothes to clothes that otherwise fit except for my arms or shoulders to shoes that I have worn the heels beyond repair.
    3.Things that people say or did that changed the way that I see or know them. Like if they made a racist or sexist remark or belittled someone less fortunate.
    4. I also have a very hard time forgiving people for grievous acts. ex: I haven't spoken directly to my sister in two years because of something she said/did to my kids.

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    My size 6 Levis. :( I'm not sure why except for maybe some of the wonderful memories I have from that time. :/

LEVI’S ARE GOLD

Never get rid of them

Or if you do, give them to me and I’ll add them to my pile of clothes that are too small for me 😬
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    let's see.... I can't part with old albums or CDs, but then again.... why should I ?

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    3.Things that people say or did that changed the way that I see or know them. Like if they made a racist or sexist remark or belittled someone less fortunate.
    4. I also have a very hard time forgiving people for grievous acts. ex: I haven't spoken directly to my sister in two years because of something she said/did to my kids.

These for me as well. Once you've been blacklisted, it's near impossible to get back on my good side.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    ankle monitors
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    let's see.... I can't part with old albums or CDs, but then again.... why should I ?

Can I have your led zeppelin cds? 😏

Which copies?

I have digital masters & remastered vinyl, plus some original vinyl (which sounds pretty amazing)

c'mon over; we'll give them a spin.
  • kamala1012
    kamala1012 Posts: 27 Member
    My alarm clock. It hasn't let me down one single time since 1983.

Should I go ahead and tell the boss that I'll be late tommorow? 🤔
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    89rvm2r56x76.gif

NOT THA MOMMA!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited February 2021
    Oooh corn dogs. Homemade though. :)
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Diet mt dew - and most recently the watermelon my dew zero.
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Energy Drinks- I don't drink them like I did as a kid but there always seems to be one in my hand to start my day with.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Old purses. I always just stuff the old one away like I’m going to use it ever again or actually clean it out. 😅
    I’m actually doing something new atm where I’ve bought the new purse but it’s the one hanging out in my closet while I stroll around with my worn out purse.
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    Old purses. I always just stuff the old one away like I’m going to use it ever again or actually clean it out. 😅
    I’m actually doing something new atm where I’ve bought the new purse but it’s the one hanging out in my closet while I stroll around with my worn out purse.

I do exactly this 😂
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Old letters and cards from my babies. It's nice to read them when you're dealing with a tough teen who "hates" you for doing/saying the right things.

In a few years you'll appreciate me, I promise. Mommy hearts are always in the right place, regardless if you can't see it right now.

I have saved all my bday, anniversary, christmas... all the cards I get from my husband or kiddo. I date them on the back and I keep them in a keepsake box. I don't know why I do this but I always have. And I have tons of these boxes all over the place with all kinds of stuff in them. I have one that has all of the linen handkerchiefs and milk glass salt cellars I inherited from my grandmother. Some have things that my daughter made for me when she was a kid like macaroni necklaces and hand print pics. There is one that has my hospital bracelets and ultrasound pics of my babies that didn't make it. I just cannot let go of this stuff.