What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Did an hour rowing machine yesterday. Nearly done setting up the weight gym in the garage as well. Got two and a half things built of the three I have to assemble. My plyo box is done, so is the Slam Ball rack. Nearly one with the Power Tower as well. Just have to put the overhead bar and and arm/back rests, then figure out where I'm hooking the heavy ropes. I might also put up a heavyweight rings/TRX holder on the ceiling.
  • tunicaf
    tunicaf Posts: 12 Member
    45 minute peloton ride. 10 minute core and 20 minute arms/shoulders with free weights.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Shoveled snow for another hour this morning, then went to do my workout...

0.25 mile walk
    1.00 mile run
    0.25 mile walk
    0.50 run (totally gassed, gave up)
    0.25 mile walk

1/2 hour yoga stretching for my lower back
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    briscogun wrote: »

0.25 mile walk
    1.00 mile run
    0.25 mile walk
    0.25 mile walk

Have you ever tried a 4min run/1 min walk approach?? If not, you might find it gives you a lift.

We will often use the 4:1 during our long runs on Sundays after doing a hard run or bike the previous day. The 1 min walk really helps bring down heart rate and prepares you for the next 4 minute block. That interval is short enough that our mantra during these runs is " You can do anything for 4 minutes" :)
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,817 Member
    A sixty minute yoga class this morning and then a snowy cross country ski with the dogs this afternoon

a89j2intc2ej.jpg
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    400 meter Row
    15 KBell Swing
    10 Squat Press
    50 Hanging Leg Raises
    15 Pull-ups Wide Grip

3 x 10
    Shrugs
    Dbell Row
    Lat Pulls
    Rope To Face
    Bent Over Row
    Iso Pulldowns
    Bent over Straight Bar Rows
    Seated Row
    V Bar Pulldowns

Nifty 50 Abs
    Situps/Flutter Kicks/Crunches/Supine Bike/Mtn Climbers/Rev Crunches/Leg Tucks/Cable Crunches
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    2500m row
  • JDMac82
    100 Fwd Jump Rope
    Down and Back on the BBall Court
    High Knees
    Butt Kickers
    Laterals
    Build Up & Down Sprints x 4
    Stairs Circuit (every/other/lateral x2/bunny hop)
    5 min walk 4 incline @ 4 mph
    5 min run 2 incline @ 8 mph
    2 min walk 4 @ 4
    5 min run 2 @ 8.5
    2 min walk 4 @ 4
    5 min run 2 @ 9
    2 min walk 4 @ 4
    3 min run 2 @ 9.5
    5 min walk 4 @ 4
  • briscogun
    Djproulx wrote: »
    briscogun wrote: »

0.25 mile walk
    1.00 mile run
    0.25 mile walk
    0.25 mile walk

Have you ever tried a 4min run/1 min walk approach?? If not, you might find it gives you a lift.

We will often use the 4:1 during our long runs on Sundays after doing a hard run or bike the previous day. The 1 min walk really helps bring down heart rate and prepares you for the next 4 minute block. That interval is short enough that our mantra during these runs is " You can do anything for 4 minutes" :)

I've done something similar when I was doing the C25K program. I had gotten up to the point where I could do 30 minutes straight but backed off a bit for a while, then kinda stopped for a month or two. So I'm just trying to build up my endurance again. I can go about a mile/mile and a half at a time, but yesterday just wiped me out.

Thanks for the advice, though! Maybe I should try something a little more structured like that to get me back up to speed.

Today was:

3 rounds of circuit training
  • JessAndreia
    Dumbbell Lunges
    Dumbbell squats
    Stability ball leg curls
    Dumbbell bench press
    One arm dumbbell row
    Dumbbell shoulder press
  • MikePfirrman
    edited February 2021
    Took yesterday off -- had solar installed on my house -- took all day long, but glad it's done.

Today was a hard interval workout -- 2 minutes on, 2 off for an hour. Did the first 8 on the rower (500m sprints) and then the last 7 on the AD Pro (Assault Bike). 880 or so calories for the hour.

Rowing intervals were around 2:02 pace (slow for me, but where I'm at right now. Need to get finished on that garage lifting gym!). Bike intervals were around 250 Watts or so. Tried to cap at 90% of max. Last couple went over.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Heavy snow overnight forced the pool to close today, so I switched to an indoor trainer ride.
    1:16:00 ride with some muscle tension work.

5 min warmup
    15 aerobic output
    then 3 rounds of (8min sweet spot output(175W) @ 55-60rpms/4 min recovery pace)
    15 min aerobic output
    5 min cooldown.

Back to the pool tomorrow.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Slacking around lots lately, but 6781m rowing machine today, plus some AM sun salutations, later side leg raises.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    1 February
    Hangboarding. It started well, but I needed to cut it short. A friend is trying to become a Twitch streamer, and she beat me up at Dominion on her stream. I nearly got everything I wanted done - I skipped the weighted hangs.

After the stream, I was restless so I benched (50 kgs, 3 sets of 12) and OHPed (35 kgs, 3 sets of 5).

Yesterday
    I got a quick climb in over lunch. Gravity was strong, unfortunately.

My Fitbit gave me a message around the importance of getting 10,000 steps in, which struck me as odd. I've got more than that every day since 11 December, and I was recuperating from heart surgery on that day.
  • briscogun
    A little short on time today but squeezed in:

0.50 mile walk
    1.50 mile run
    0.25 mile walk

Endurance slowly coming back... :)
  • gladz2014
    gladz2014 Posts: 28 Member
    walking with peleton app :) 20 min HIIT outside
  • JDMac82
    15 min's elliptical
    15 KBell Swing
    10 Squat Press
    15 Pull-ups
    50 Roman Leg Raises

3 x 10
    Bench Press
    Curls
    Skull Crushers
    Hammer Curls
    Flys
    Waiter Curls
    Chest Press
    Overhead Press
    Land Mine Press
    Rope Curls
    Rope Ext
    Cable X Over
    Rev Grip Ext

Sporty 40 Abs
    Rower/Hip Lifts/Knee Tucks/Wipers/Situps/Flutter Kicks/Mtn Climbers/Rev Crunches/Crunches/Cable Crunches
  • JessAndreia
    500m row paired with decline sit-ups x 4.
  • Skeels13
    Skeels13 Posts: 6 Member
    The Work “Legs” then a soccer tomorrow!
  • MikePfirrman
    2 X 5500m row. Steady state work. Been thinking about keeping my steady state work under 70% HRR (heart rate reserve) rather than 70% HR max. Significantly different for me. 70% HR max is like 138 and 70% HRR is like 148 or so. So today, I kept it all under around 147 or so. Seemed to work well and I don't feel too spent either.

My RHR (resting HR) is like 50 and my max is like 192, so I've been comparing my work (never a good idea) to others that don't have a max HR close to what I have for my age (it's all heredity, actually). While hard work can keep your max HR from dropping too much as you age, you can train your RHR to a degree. My RHR years ago was in the 60s, before I did significant cardio for the last 13 or so years.

First set was around 2:34 and second around 2:36. Slow, but felt easy-ish, like it should.