Don't eyeball it

Got some measuring spoons today and realized my tablespoon of olive oil I've been using the past few weeks when cooking was actually about 2 or 3 tablespoons lol.

Morale of the story...

Get some measuring cups and spoons.

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    I use the cap.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    food scale for all solids, proper measuring cups and spoons for liquids. although MANY liquids (if not most, really.... if you look hard for them) will have an accurate database entry with the gram weight
  • SouthWestLondon
    SouthWestLondon Posts: 134 Member
    Many food scales can switch between measuring mls, oz and grams. So I tend to use my food scale for all measurements, including liquids.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Many food scales can switch between measuring mls, oz and grams. So I tend to use my food scale for all measurements, including liquids.

And less dishes to do! Yay!
  • addicted2cola
    addicted2cola Posts: 43 Member
    I was actually doing the opposite haha. My 1 tbsp of oil was actually only about 0.5 tbsp. Oops.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    Some items really beg for the scale. Foods like granola are calorie dense and can vary in texture (clumps vs. small pieces). With granola, I have found the per cup/tablespoon calories optimistically listed at almost half the more accurate gram measurement.
  • mcaesar811
    mcaesar811 Posts: 23 Member
    What scale do you guys recommend? I need to buy one for the first time. I brand new to my weight loss journey.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    mcaesar811 wrote: »
    What scale do you guys recommend? I need to buy one for the first time. I brand new to my weight loss journey.

A food scale that has the tare feature, weighs in grams and is large enough to hold a plate. Ideally one that is large enough that you can read the readout when you place a plate on it.