Does anyone else need to see pictures to *believe* they did it

I have been maintaining for about two yrs now.
I still need to see those before and afters to really *see* it. Maybe that is because there was no finish line like I had envisioned. I am still working on goals. I lift heavy. And I have strength goals. But I still don't think of myself as a *fit* person who has *done * anything.

Anyone else needs reminders of what you have done?
318s1isu42p7.png

Replies

• natanyajeffery
    natanyajeffery Posts: 1 Member
    Fabulous
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    For sure, especially when loss is fast

Brain will adjust over time and slowly start seeing you *closer* to where you're at.

For many who have lost a lot of weight, I suspect that a mirror or picture (esp. before/after pictures) will remain a useful cross reference.

I would say that a year or two after losing most of my weight I would still occasionally (but no longer daily) check whether my second leg was going to fit in the tiny pants I was holding! Fast forward a bit and it has been years since I've done that.

• WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    For sure, especially when loss is fast

Brain will adjust over time and slowly start seeing you *closer* to where you're at.

For many who have lost a lot of weight, I suspect that a mirror or picture (esp. before/after pictures) will remain a useful cross reference.

I would say that a year or two after losing most of my weight I would still occasionally (but no longer daily) check whether my second leg was going to fit in the tiny pants I was holding! Fast forward a bit and it has been years since I've done that.

Yeah. My bff smacks me when I shop with her because I still go to grab larger sizes. I know realistically that I have been wearing 2's and 4's for a couple yrs now but I still mean towards the 12's... It's such a mind trip.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    I just look in the mirror and weigh myself daily.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    yes I keep a before and after picture in my phone and look at it every once in a while to remind me.
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Amazing!!! You are gorgeous!! And yes idk when it ever won’t feel surreal!
  • eels4peels00
    eels4peels00 Posts: 41 Member
    I totally need reminders especially now that I've been maintaining for 10 years. I look back regularly when I feel bloated or that I'm looking chunky.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    edited February 2021
    You look amazing, and I'm jealous of your legs :) !

Honestly, no matter what weight I don't really like looking at pictures of myself and am usually quite critical no matter the size, so seeing pictures doesn't really help. When I look in the mirror, some days I think I look pretty good, and other days I focus on my flaws. I know that I am smaller than I once was, and that part I don't need a picture or mirror to believe it.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,334 Member
    @mpkpbk2015 WOW!!!!!! Respect!!!!
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    You look great, @WandRsmom!

Honestly, for a while after weight loss, some photos didn't even do it for me. I couldn't see it. Now (5 years later), looking at the same photos, the problem was all in my brain. The difference was there. Brains are weird!

It's 2 yrs maintaining for me and I totally agree, brains are weird. I know I am super strong now ,I do things I couldn't do before and my clothes are much smaller ..yet . Haha. I still see a heavier me. So weird.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    WandRsmom wrote: »

Yeah. My bff smacks me when I shop with her because I still go to grab larger sizes.
    I would guess it hurts her more than it hurts you :smiley: Wonder Woman pose is working for you here, and you look like one tough chick! Well done!