How often do you weigh yourself?

Replies

• eels4peels00
    eels4peels00 Posts: 41 Member
    Daily, not even going to lie, but I'm not as obsessed with the numbers like I once was. As long as I'm in a ball park I'm good.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Every morning and evening. Although it’s generally frowned upon to weigh more than once a day, it lets me see if I’m having heart and kidney inflammation due to my lupus. I typically drop between three and four pounds between night and morning. The first sign of a flare is usually failing to drop weight during the night because of water retention. Knowing that I’m starting a flare lets me jump on my meds and get ahead of it.

I don’t stress about scale fluctuations unless there’s a trend over time. Usually I know exactly why my weight is up or down - heavy workout, ate Asian food with a lot of soy, not enough sleep, dehydrated after a long run - and it doesn’t bother me.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Every morning.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Since I am maintaining and pretty much eat the same things usually like once a month or two.
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    When I'm trying to lose weight, every morning, after using the bathroom.
  • duxlady
    duxlady Posts: 18 Member
    I weigh daily first thing in the morning. I’m eating more now that I’m maintaining and I need a reality check to make sure I stay within my range. I adjust my calories as needed. It’s all about management now but I still need to be mindful - otherwise I know what will happen.
  • NatashaR44
    NatashaR44 Posts: 8 Member
    I weigh myself daily but I only mark down my "official" weekly weigh in every Tuesday morning. I don't stress about the daily fluctuations but they help me think about whether I'm eating too much sodium (which really kills me, bloating wise).
  • lilyxxxz
    lilyxxxz Posts: 12 Member
    I used to weigh myself daily when I lived with a roommate who did that. Now I just weigh once a week. I guess it doesn't harm to weigh consistently every day as long as it doesn't get you too anxious. I'm actually kinda curious about how my weight fluctuates in a week and how it's usually affected by factors besides food and exercise, but now I'm not motivated enough to do that...I hope I will do someday.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Use to be everyday...one day I'd be up the next day down, etc., etc.,
    I stopped because it messed with my head a bit -

So now it's about once per week 'just to see'.
    I monitor my 'weight' with how I'm feeling/looking in my clothes, etc.,
  • gionrogado
    gionrogado Posts: 45 Member
    weekly, every saturday, after using the toilet and having a bath, but before eating.

if it goes up 2 weeks straight, i lower my calories for next week
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    I weigh daily at the same time, after my morning "ritual" but only record Friday morning weigh ins in MFP. It has helped me determine that sodium really makes me retain the water so I adjust my meals and make sure I have a lower sodium intake the day before my recorded weigh in.
  • foodieizzy
    foodieizzy Posts: 33 Member
    Once a week! In the morning, after using the bathroom :open_mouth:
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    duxlady wrote: »
    I weigh daily first thing in the morning. I’m eating more now that I’m maintaining and I need a reality check to make sure I stay within my range. I adjust my calories as needed. It’s all about management now but I still need to be mindful - otherwise I know what will happen.

Exactly this!

• davidparkinwashere
    davidparkinwashere Posts: 2 Member
    2 times per day, 10 minutes after I get up and 10 minutes before I go to bed.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    My total weight loss over nearly a 2 year period was 240 pounds.

I weigh in daily as it allows me to catch weight gain before any serious escalation.

(My IF/low carb/low sugar lifestyle began 5/13/19)
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Every morning, but I really don't pay attention to any one data point.

Instead, I enter my daily weight into Libra, an app that calculates my trending average. That trending average is what informs my weight management decisions.
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who weighs themself every day.
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 360 Member
    Daily. Withings scale. It logs my weight automatically to the cloud. When you look at the graph you can clearly see the overall trend and understand that some daily jumps don't matter.