Craving

I’ve been eating clean for two weeks now I cheated one day last week in my birthday. I’m craving fried food and cake right now bad. How do you fight cravings? Especially when you’re under an enormous amount of stress. I’m going through a nasty divorce and custody battle and am a single mother of three, two of whom are severely disabled.

Replies

• mcaesar811
    mcaesar811 Posts: 23 Member
    1,200 calories. I need serious work on not overdoing it when I eat what I like.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    1200 calories cannot possibly be your maintenance calories unless your are elderly. What are your stats?
  • mcaesar811
    I’m 31 5’3” 190 lbs. I’ve been trying to stay at 1200 to lose weight. I really would like to start walking again I always feel so good when I do and I stop because it’s so much work getting the kids out in the stroller.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2021
    mcaesar811 wrote: »
    I’m 31 5’3” 190 lbs. I’ve been trying to stay at 1200 to lose weight. I really would like to start walking again I always feel so good when I do and I stop because it’s so much work getting the kids out in the stroller.

Try an indoor walking workout. You just need shoes, and very little space.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVl6ZdslZz2Zj-34bMJFPbg
  • mcaesar811
    Thank you! Such a great idea!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Thank you! Such a great idea!

This looks like a lot of fun. Thanks @TeaBea :)
  • mcaesar811
    I definitely felt super motivated from the first few seconds!
  • mcaesar811
    Thank you!
  • The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 202 Member
    Thank you!

@mcaesar811
    You should be proud of yourself, YOU are doing great!!
  • mcaesar811
    Thank you so much @The_Elephant_Man !!
  • OliveSalt
    OliveSalt Posts: 47 Member
    Whenever im craving fried food, i put a handful of shredded cheese in a small pile on a sheet pan lightly greased with olive oil cooking spray, add Spike seasoning on top, and bake it at 375 for a few minutes until it gets melty in the middle and crispy on the edges. It satisfies that craving every time but it doesnt pack all of the calories.
  • mcaesar811
    Wow what a great idea , @OliveSalt thabk you! Fried, salty foods are definitely my weakness!
  • freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    edited February 2021
    Pick an easier weekly weight loss goal. 1200 is too low. The higher your calorie goal but still lose weight is best.

Inevitably when people talk about cravings some one will say "eat more". If only it was that simple as "eating more" really doesn't work, if it did cravings would not be something you get even when you "eat more".

Personally, I also find the suggestion of eating a less calorific alternative to the food being craved does not work either as I would eat that and still want the craved for foods.

So for me, the only answer is having the will power to resist and for me, I do find it easier in the long run when I do resist as giving in today can lead to me giving in again in a few days time while when I resist the craving become less frequent.

And instead I have planned treat days when I allow myself to have some of the food I do not have as part of my day-to-day "diet plan", for example bread, cheese and chocolate, and do not count the calories. I buy on the day and only what I am going to eat that day. This I find, in the main, keeps the cravings at bay as I know around once a month I am going to be having the very foods that I get cravings for,
  • jogo2200
    jogo2200 Posts: 20 Member
    Whenever I get a craving... I brush my teeth 🤣🤣 you won't want to eat anything after,,, and with a bit of luck it will pass.... Oh and drink plenty of water. As in when u feel u are getting. A craving have a half pint or so of water