The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,479 Member
    I second the skincare routine. I have also been paying more attention to my face and it really yields results. I bought this stuff called Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay on Amazon. This big 1 lb jar for 12 bucks. You mix equal parts clay powder and apple cider vinegar then slap it all over your face and let it get hard then rinse it off. It is seriously like a professional facial. It has 12,000 reviews so I guess I am not the only one that loves it! It stinks to high heaven due to the vinegar but it is a GREAT product! I use it a couple times a week. Highly recommend.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    donimfp wrote: »
    Those of you who are into skin care as a hobby, I really like Caroline Hirons’ blog. She’s got little “cheat sheets “ on all kinds of topics. She has a bestselling book called “Skin Care” which I bought but I think pretty much everything in it can be found on her blog for free. It’s fun and informative and inspiring.

Love all of your skincare notes. We have an advantage already because our skin is not being dehydrated after drinking.
    My cousin (who does drink) has nice skin. He said he washes his face with rice water. He takes rice and mixes it with water and puts it in his refrigerator; he rinses his face with the rice water and it tightens your skin.
    Not sure if it works but...
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,479 Member
    @FeelinFooFoo I am reading the Alan Carr book to reinforce my desire to be sober. You are absolutely right about "alcohol just happens to be a legal drug". If it were brought to the market today as a new product, there is no way it would be allowed to be legally sold. It kills more than 3 million people a year. This is an interesting and alarming article.

https://www.who.int/news/item/21-09-2018-harmful-use-of-alcohol-kills-more-than-3-million-people-each-year--most-of-them-men
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Good morning friends! I woke up early around 5:30 and thought it was 6:30 because I can't see my watch numbers - they're too small! And I cant change the setting. Anyway, I feel like I gained an hour!!

I was lying in bed thinking right now last year, I would have slept on and off til 10:00 am and dragged myself to the couch to nurse a hangover, gotten fries and a burger at noon. I would finally feel human around 5:00 p.m. Hangovers suck!!! So not worth the few hours of perceived "fun.".

I pray I never ever forget what a hangover feels like, but @FeelinFooFoo I agree with you- throwing up and feeling like crap for days was an awful price to pay.