Women 200lb+, Let's Keep On Fighting This February!!!

Replies

• KMC55
    KMC55 Posts: 100 Member

My current struggles are just eating out of boredom/stress and eating the kids food. We live in a cold place and not even being able to go outside much really stinks. I also tend to drink my calories on the weekends, so trying to keep my stress in check so I don't feel the need to do that. I have a treadmill I am just so unmotivated to use it. I am going to try to use it 3-4 times a week and bribe myself with a guilty pleasure type of show to watch while doing it. Thanks for having me :)

The treadmill has become the only time I watch TV. That is how I bribe myself to get on it. If it really want to watch a show, that means I need to be on the treadmill. Once I get started, time just flies by.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    edited February 2021
    Name: Kali
    Height: 5'7
    SW: 232.2 (1/15/21)
    GW: #1 Under 200 #2 280 #150ish

Weight tracking:
    Feb 5: 220.9
    Feb 12:
    Feb 13:
    Feb 19:
    Feb 26:

Fitness goals:
    Weigh daily
    Log EVERYTHING
    11,000+ steps 6x week
    Meal prep as much as possible
    C25K 3x a week
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    Hello All! Every time I get a new scale my weight registers higher than my old scale. So guess what I got a new scale and it is showing me higher by at about 4.5 lbs if not more since I was able to get my weight down last week. We knew that our last scale weighed us a pound high because we checked it with the one at the club but since we have our membership on hold due to the pandemic we can't really check this out. Basically it is all relative. Our old scale would vary depending on where you put it anyway so I just always put it in the same place and figured it was all relative. Who knows what I weigh? When you are at the Drs you have all your clothes on and you have eaten a meal or two so really it is just a number which we want to lower in most of our cases. I already set my weight on MFP higher as per this new scale and I will restart February with this new higher weight and work to get it back down according to this new scale. Now I will go retrieve my first post on here and adjust it accordingly.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    Keri
    67 years old, Height: 5'6"
    SW: 266 lbs (Dec 2019)
    2/1: 263.6
    3/1: 261.8
    4/1: 258
    5/1:254
    6/1:254
    7 /1:250.4
    8/1: 249.2
    9/1: 247 lowest Sept weight 246.8
    10/1: 247
    10/19: 245.4
    11/1: 248
    12/1/2020: 249
    1/1: 251.2
    2/3: 250.4
    CW: 256.6 adjusted according to my new scale.

1st GW: 220 The lowest weight I got to when I last lost significant weight.
    2nd GW: Onderland 1st, maintain for a few weeks then
    3rd GW: 186 overweight but not obese
    4th GW: 150 lbs. Healthy weight Then evaluate what weight is best for me. I just want to get to a healthy weight for me.

February Goal weight: Under 245 make progress losing. I will see how it goes with the new scale before adjusting this.

Goals:

Get 8+ glasses of water, log in calories daily, get enough sleep and stay under my calorie goal.
    Up N.E.A.T. (steps, stairs, cleaning and cooking)
    Get regular exercise:
    • 2 strength training a week (1 with weights and 1 with resistance bands)
    • 5 days of exercise (Start with 25 minutes and work up to 45-60 minutes for most days)
    Meal plan so we avoid grocery shopping and make healthy meals at home. Limit take out to once a week.
    Take another step towards lowering sugar intake.
    Wait to have breakfast until I feel hungry while I am working remotely.

I have improved both my NEAT and exercise. The week before last I exercised every week day and last week I exercised all but one day. Both weeks I got 2 strength training sessions in as planned. So I am improving in that area. I have continued to stay under my calorie goal and I typically don't eat back any exercise calories now since they aren't that much. I am thinking about lowering my calorie goal so that I will still lose on those days that are more sedentary at the rate I want to which is only 1 pound a week.

So I meal planned and ordered most of our food for either delivery or pick up for the week. I ordered items to make a snack mix because I was finding myself hungry right after work while making or waiting for dinner. With both of us working we usually have to begin cooking after 5 although I will take a break to cook for certain planned meals that take longer.

My snack mix is not particularly low calorie but it is generally healthy except for the salt. I mixed pistachios, pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds), corn nuts, peanut butter filled pretzels and 2 portions of air popped popcorn. So it is a relatively high protein. The nuts and seeds are roasted with sea salt. The popcorn has no salt, oil or butter added since it is being mixed with things that have enough of that. The rule is that I only have a small bowl of this. Otherwise I would have just had a small bowl of nuts or a larger amount of pop corn. One snack I make is Raincrisps and cheese or nut butter. Pumpkin seeds are loaded with a lot of healthy nutrition that is hard to get in our diets. I can add dried cherries when we have them. Unfortunately my husband is finding the mix quite tempting since we never have chips or other snacks in our house. I have asked him to try and limit himself to a small bowl each day. If he can't then I will abandon my plan. I certainly understand this challenge. I would have this problem. I am basically taking snack foods and watering them down with popcorn. I entered this into MFP recipes so I can just add a serving to log it when I have it.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Just holding myself accountable by day this week to ensure I'm fully on track for going forward.

Feb 6
    1. Drink 80oz of water daily - ✔ 88
    2. Include vegetables with my lunch and dinner meals - ✔
    3. Commit to eating 3 balanced meals a day - Lunch has been a real challenge due to work (even though I work from home) 😑 ✔
    4. Exercise (strength and cardio) at least 4 days this week for 30 minutes - Today was a rest day.
    5. Consume at least 1,300 calories daily check ✔ Roughly 1,368
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    @uyister :) Thanks. I plan to try my darndest to prep my lunch at least the night before, which should help. We shall see.