Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What exercise/program defines BORING for you?

Replies

• bsteves06
    bsteves06 Posts: 66 Member
    running, outside or on a treadmill. i prefer walking and being able to look around. i dont use any music when i'm outside so i can be aware of my surroundings so it's just boring. i like walking and looking at scenery lol Yoga seems boring too.
  • MarttaHP
    MarttaHP Posts: 68 Member
    Another vote here for (against?) indoor cardio. I get on the elliptical (reluctantly) once or twice a week for crosstraining purposes. I only get on the treadmill if the weather is absolutely horrendous and running outdoors would be truly bad. Even then I prefer running in a slight drizzle over the treadmill.

I often wish I had access to some type of VR technology which would make it feel like I was running or elliptical-ing outdoors, preferably in some beautiful landscapes I'm not able to experience otherwise. Right now I'm just stuck watching Youtube during those indoor workouts.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited February 2021
    Weight lifting

I could do hours of indoor cardio. I study, read articles, watch youtube or netflix, listen to music, browse social media, get work done, etc.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Running. Not even sure why, I can happily walk for hours, but running just bores me to death.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    One time I tried to work out to a Denise Austin show. That one bored me to death as well. I liked Bodyshaping when it was on ESPN. Lol, then I just watched Kiana's Flex Appeal just to watch her workout.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    New one. REBOUNDING. I can go to Rock 'n Jump and trampoline there for an hour with my kid. But rebounding for an hour....................................meh.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Treadmill.
    I just can’t get “into” it and find I’m fighting a bored brain the whole time (which drags soooo slowly).
    Which is odd, because I actually like “real” running and using an indoor bike. But the treadmill? Big fat NO!
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    All steady state cardio except skating and jumping rope. Cardio machines are really boring.
  • SunnyBunBun79
    SunnyBunBun79 Posts: 2,228 Member
    edited February 2021
    It was so boring when I was on an indoor treadmill, and i never felt motivated to keep at it. I love night time and being alone when walking so gyms were a huge anxiety for me with such fit people around me. So i started walking at night, outside, listening to music. I moved to a really safe neighborhood and so now I can walk outside without anyone around and time just flies by! Also I got a compact rowing machine and it's easy to pick up so I now watch a whole tv episode while rowing! I love rowing so much better than just walking on the treadmill. I alternate walking outside with rowing indoors and I think I found my routine that I can actually stick to.

Also in the winter, I can dress like a Babushka and no one will care how I look, since I'm alone 🤣 🤣 🤣
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited February 2021
    Here is what I can think of off the top of my head:

1.) Treadmill (or elliptical or really anything similar). If the only exercise I could ever do was a treadmill then I just wouldn't do it. Music or podcasts don't help...all I do is watch the clock. I'd rather just pace up and down the hallway at home or march in place while I'm working.
    2.) Weight lifting...might be better with a trainer perhaps, but doing it by myself. I'd rather watch paint dry.
    3.) Running...its boring and it makes me hate my life whole I'm doing it,, so I don't. I will be taken down quickly in the zombie apocalypse and I've made peace with that.
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    KNoceros wrote: »
    Treadmill.
    I just can’t get “into” it and find I’m fighting a bored brain the whole time (which drags soooo slowly).
    Which is odd, because I actually like “real” running and using an indoor bike. But the treadmill? Big fat NO!

I love the elliptical, but hate the stationary bike. You are not alone in haying only certain stationary exercise machines.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Steady state cardio 👎👎👎
  • ninerbuff
    The Dreadmill isn't too bad for me AS LONG as I'm running intervals on it. If it's just to walk on....................................................................................boring as hell.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • armin338
    armin338 Posts: 4 Member
    With the current lockdown in the Netherlands, I have to do it with those resistance bands.. bores me to death
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    for me walking or jogging a track is the absolute definition of boring! I could probably do 6 miles in the woods or on city streets more easily than 2 miles on an oval track, meh.
  • ninerbuff
    for me walking or jogging a track is the absolute definition of boring! I could probably do 6 miles in the woods or on city streets more easily than 2 miles on an oval track, meh.
    I could do an oval track (used to do an indoor one on rainy days at a gym I instructed at but no longer) because I'm still outside and I prefer the harder weight bearing compared to a treadmill. With and outside oval track, it also is "measured" so it's easier to assess running intervals and seeing if you're progressing in speed as well a little easier.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    i hate schedules ... to the bone i hate them which is why im so inconsistent ..i have always been a spontaneous person . i get bored with routine
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    The ultimate boring exercise is swimming laps, something I did for hrs a day in my youth.
    It wins the grand prize because of the extreme sensory deprivation, no sound or TV to distract.