Need to gain weight

Hello. I'm 5'7" 108lbs I've been trying to put on and keep on weight for many years. My problem is #1 lactose intolerant #2 allergic to bananas and fleshy foods make me nauseous (cantaloupe and avocados etc). Evidently I can't stomach protein shakes (throw them up almost immediately) on top of that I'm a very picky eater.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be appetizing and calorie packed for someone with so many issues? Thanks in advance for your kind thoughts and suggestions.

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Can you give a more complete list of the "fleshy foods" that you react badly to?

Can you do peanut butter/nuts in general?

How about eggs or animal protein in general?

How are you with wheat/gluten?

If you're very picky, do you have a list of known safe foods?

Cooking with plenty of fat (olive oil, vegetable oil, etc., since you can't do butter) is an easy way to boost the calories. Gravy, as well - mix fat and flour to make a roux, add broth of some kind, wham-bam you made gravy. I have no idea how well lactose-free milk works for something like a béchamel sauce, someone with more dairy-alternative experience should chime in here, but béchamel is a delicious way to add calories to vegetables. Vegetable of choice + bechamel + a protein if you want + maybe some breadcrumbs on top, if you can do that = casserole, bake it for a while then eat it on up.
  • NETTES
    NETTES Posts: 4 Member
    I like peanut butter (just don't eat it much of it) cashews, peanuts and sunflower seeds but don't like almonds. I enjoy some milk based foods like ice cream and real cheese with a lactaid pill. I eat eggs a few times a week and have some sort of meat daily.
    Some years ago I was diagnosed with celiacs disease and was put on a strict gluten free diet by a nutritionist. Though the diet was difficult, I stuck with it but lost so much weight that my primary told me to get off the diet and eat regularly - I would have to deal with some discomfort. I opted to modify a "regular" diet by staying away from high wheat foods. It's been that way ever since. So, I've been unable to get back to or maintain my pre "celiac diet" weight. It's difficult to really explain all of my challenges here but I continue to look for solutions and remain hopeful that I'll reach my goal of 120lbs.
  • NETTES
    NETTES Posts: 4 Member
    L1zardQueen the link was helpful, what I read initially but I can't seem to get back to it, now it just shows a bunch of other posts. Disappointing.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited February 2021
    Go to the top of that page and you will see a left arrow and pages after Lemon’s reply, scroll dow a bit. Hit page one. Let me know if you need more help.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Go to the top of that page and you will see a left arrow and pages after Lemon’s reply, scroll dow a bit. Hit page one. Let me know if you need more help.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

Here is the link to page 1.