6 week weight drop challenge... Feel free to join

Hi all, I'm 41 male, and needing to sort myself out... Hoping this will give me that start tracking and making myself more accountable will spur me on. Think I'm on day 3 now. 100kg at present, at 5ft 10.. Its not great. Determined to get that down to around the 90 mark.... Problem I have is I work away, which I am for the next 6 weeks, meaning mainly hotel food if I choose, luckily there is also a supermarket next door, and a gym in hotel. Out at work 12hrs from leaving to getting back in. That said no excuses. Surely I can make a decent dent in my weight in 6 weeks? So I'm gonna use this thread to post daily updates. Be good if some others would come along and maybe take their own 6 week challenge themselves. Use this thread to keep updates. Looking forward to it.

Replies

• LDemi333
    LDemi333 Posts: 92 Member
    edited February 2021
    Yes, I have six weeks until my anniversary and I would like to see some improvement too.
    I'll update daily with you. Taking this to March 18th
  • jogo2200
    jogo2200 Posts: 20 Member
    OK great, mine will be till 21st march.
  • katierthanmost
    katierthanmost Posts: 25 Member
    Sounds good, I'll go to March 22nd! 5ft7 woman, sw 115kg 😑

Starting uni March 1st
  • jogo2200
    Sounds good.... that's 3 so far. Best of luck to us all... I'm sure with a bit of effort and focus we can do this. I'm just taking each day at a time, and as someone mentioned on another post. If we have 1 bad day it doesn't need to turn into a bad week .... if we don't let it. I've had 2 good days now. I've started to do a bit of prep for the next day. I had a bit of forward thinking and brought a blender protwin powder and some oats out.. just went and bought some almond milk, and normal milk too, along with some seeds so doing overnight oats, I tppaware tub gives 2 servings. So that's my brekky sorted then I have a shake for snack, tuna and some rice cakes for lunch, maybe another protein shake or protein bar which I also brought with me for afternoon, and try for a healthy tea/ dinner in the exec lounge in hotel. Probably will try and mix it up a bit with lunches.... because I'm site based through the day we have a catering company which comes to site and brings us our lunches. I've not bothered as yet. But they do a chicken and rice meal, and also a mixed meat one too.... so it will be OK just to pick at.
  • jogo2200
    Feel free to share any info yous like
  • bsthorn1
    bsthorn1 Posts: 5 Member
    I have a question, I'm new and need help setting my percentages on the goals setting. I am 68 , no exercise program, need to lose 50lbs. I'm in good health. Thank you for your help and tips.
  • jeannabug94
    jeannabug94 Posts: 2 Member
    I would love to join as well!
  • jogo2200
    Great welcome on board.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    bsthorn1 wrote: »
    I have a question, I'm new and need help setting my percentages on the goals setting. I am 68 , no exercise program, need to lose 50lbs. I'm in good health. Thank you for your help and tips.

Your macros percentages? You could leave them where they are to start. Many people like slightly more protein and slightly less carbs.

With 50 pounds to lose, do choose the weekly weight loss goal of a 1 - 1.5 pounds per week rather than a more aggressive weight loss goal.

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg
  • LDemi333
    LDemi333 Posts: 92 Member
    edited February 2021
    Morning everyone and good luck. I am going to use these six weeks to make some changes in my life. I will stop rushing through life for six weeks - putting myself, and my diet, on the back burner whilst helping everybody else / listening to everyone's else's problems. So Day 1 - did not make a quick sandwich for lunch. I took the time to make a healthy salad, shut the pc, no emails whilst eating - thoroughly enjoyed the peace.
    How did everyone do?
  • bitaniaisaac2900
    bitaniaisaac2900 Posts: 16 Member
    Hey, I would like to join you in this challenge. I'm 18 year old girl, weigh almost 170lbs.. 5'7. And in university. I feel like I dont look right for my age.. I wish I was slim like the other girls. My stomach is what bothers me the most. How large it is. I feel like trash because of my bloodsugar levels going crazy lately. I'll try to not binge in the next few weeks. My goal is to get to the low 150s for now. And hopefully slim my waistline. But ultimately I want to lose 50 pounds
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    my husband is a union sheet metal worker and used to do a lot of travel work. We always booked a motel room with a kitchen. And he traveled with a 'portable' kitchen. Pot, pan, electric stove top, crock pot, George foreman grill, coffee pot. Had giant rubber maid container it was all stored in. On top of that I would meal prep for him so for the first week, at least, he didn't need to go to the store, except for more perishable items that didn't travel well. Had a cooler with frozen crock pot meals, steak, hamburgers, whatever I tossed in there for him.

He rarely ever ate out. And it wasn't for weight loss, he doesn't have any weight at ALL to lose. its because he prefers real food. Also saved a TON of money. He did travel work to MAKE money. not to spend his per diem all on food LOL
  • KnitSewSpin
    KnitSewSpin Posts: 147 Member
    Hi I’ll join the club!! I’m working on my last few pounds and after along time of not tracking I need some motivation to start tracking again. I’m a 48 year old woman and I went from 180 down to 135. I’ve been bouncing around 135-140 range (I’m 5’6) and I’d like to get to a stable 130. I do low carb because I was prediabetic so that problem has gone away. Yay! Just want to lose the last few “vanity” pounds.
  • jogo2200
    Great. The more the merrier. Good luck all...let's just take it 1 day at a time. So I've had a good day today. I was planning on doing a bit of gym but in honesty I've been busy at work, and I would guesstimate I've done around 13k steps,, my watch says 8000, but I'm not allowed to wear it on site due to spark potential so that's where I'm.getting the extra 5k from... so I don't feel guilty having one off.. strangely. I'm not finding it all too difficult at the moment, it's only been 5 days like so I don't want to celebrate just yet lol. But another 2 days and that's week 1 down for me... not been weighed again since touching 100kg just before I flew out of UK... there is some digital scales in the gym/fitness room but I will give it another week or so... I think too frequent scales will throw me off track. I have took a before photo, so depending how I'm feeling I may post it at some point. Along with another photo I will take at week 2, week 4 and at the end on 20th March ... How's that for positive thinking. I will last the duration I've set for myself. 🤞🤞🤞
  • KnitSewSpin
    KnitSewSpin Posts: 147 Member
    I like your positive thinking!! Just finished logging for the day. Met my calorie goals but not my steps. It’s below zero today so I just couldn’t make myself get out for a walk. Zero degrees is my limit :)
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    I just started a 6wk personal challenge (doing the beachbody 21 day fix workout followed by 21 day fix extreme) on Monday so I’m in! I started regaining and am getting back on track. Also using my food scale again
    SW 168.2
    Goal to get back to 150-155 range
  • jogo2200
    Yes I hate the rain and cold. Where I'm working it's the heat. I think me personally if I have a more active day I'm a bit more loose with my calorie intake.
  • jogo2200
    Those 21 day workout plans sound very structured. So hopefully being set and incorporated in your day will make it easier to stick to. Good luck with it.
  • jogo2200
    That's the first full week on site over. It's actually been maybe 9 days since I started logging, but I've been really committed the last 7. So 1 down 5 to go. Thinking to start and mix my breakfasts up a bit starting Monday, overnight Oats can take a break for a bit. I've brought a big tub of decent peanut butter with me, and I have some rice cakes, so may switch to 2 of those on the morning to start my dayfor a few days, maybe throw some banana in too. How's everyone else doing?
  • BodyBalance4Joy
    BodyBalance4Joy Posts: 16 Member
    I’d like to join in on a six week reduction bandwagon! Getting back to tracking and better habits after months of going a bit off the deep end with my eating and sloth-like ways!