Does anyone else need to see pictures to *believe* they did it

13»

Replies

• rterm
    rterm Posts: 13 Member
    Well there are several ways to look at daily weighings. I find that they are excellent "course corrections" for me, and the increases or decreases in weight usually correlate well with my calorie consumption from the day before. Perhaps other people's metabolism makes daily weighings unreliable.
    I do agree that over a longer period of time (weeks) the scale should be giving you good feedback.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    @WandRsmom, every time I see photos of your legs, like in those skinny jeans above, or the white ones you posted on another thread . . . yeah. Those calves! Those ankles! Those quads!

I get the appeal of having a strong body, of the strong upper body, all that goodness, I really do . . . but woman, *your legs*! 🤩
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    I concur, you have fantabulous legs! I'm so jelly. But can we also talk about that adorable dimple?!

Photos have always been important to me because I can look VERY different at the same weight depending on the amount of muscle mass and body fat I have.
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    I concur, you have fantabulous legs! I'm so jelly. But can we also talk about that adorable dimple?!

Photos have always been important to me because I can look VERY different at the same weight depending on the amount of muscle mass and body fat I have.

Thank you! And agree. Pictures really bring it home
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Not to be a total bandwagoner, but your legs are amazing and I really like your sense of style.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    WandRsmom wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    @WandRsmom, every time I see photos of your legs, like in those skinny jeans above, or the white ones you posted on another thread . . . yeah. Those calves! Those ankles! Those quads!

I get the appeal of having a strong body, of the strong upper body, all that goodness, I really do . . . but woman, *your legs*! 🤩

Thank you! Tbh part of why I like the look of the last pic more is because (for me) my legs were kinda skinny in the skinny jean picture, just kinda . I havent gained much weight wise since then but my legs are larger and barely squeeze into those jeans, now. I like alll that muscle. So I don't mind gaining size, at all.

ul944oyx29tj.png

That's a fairly decent image.

And this is them not post workout.

w7657p8hkgh8.png.

I would love it if my upper body could catch up lol

Even in that photo you don't like as much, the nice rise of your quads is visible *even through the jeans*. Yeah, the flex-y one above in the blue shorts really shows the definition through the full length of your legs. Nice!

I hear what you're saying about different zones of the body. I think some of it (generically, not now talking about you alone) is not just muscular development (recognizing that different people can respond differently even to the same stimulus, because bodies are weird). The patterns of fat distribution also matter, visually (and we do need some level of essential body fat, so I'm not stumping for "lean above all, for all").

I think I'm kind of the opposite of you, in some ways. My upper body (especially back) tends to look more defined, even at relatively low muscle mass, because my upper body subcutaneous fat layer depletes nearly completely, earlier, while things below my ribcage, certainly through hips, have substantial squishiness/fat, and maybe farther down still has a decent subcutaneous fat blanket, too. My quads are reasonably strong, but legs tend to just look study rather than muscular. (Do I care? No. Just an observation. Do I lift? Not much, and rarely, even though that's not going to help any of this definition/mass stuff, of course. The routine 1000+ reps/hour, of body weight plus boat weight, has some benefits for strength and muscle, but lifting is the more efficient path on those fronts, of course. Maybe I'd have lovely legs, if I were better about lifting, instead. 😉 )

You look *great*. OK, I'll stop gushing! 🤐😆
  • WandRsmom

Thank you! Tbh part of why I like the look of the last pic more is because (for me) my legs were kinda skinny in the skinny jean picture, just kinda . I havent gained much weight wise since then but my legs are larger and barely squeeze into those jeans, now. I like alll that muscle. So I don't mind gaining size, at all.

ul944oyx29tj.png

w7657p8hkgh8.png.

Even in that photo you don't like as much, the nice rise of your quads is visible *even through the jeans*. Yeah, the flex-y one above in the blue shorts really shows the definition through the full length of your legs. Nice!

I hear what you're saying about different zones of the body. I think some of it (generically, not now talking about you alone) is not just muscular development (recognizing that different people can respond differently even to the same stimulus, because bodies are weird). The patterns of fat distribution also matter, visually (and we do need some level of essential body fat, so I'm not stumping for "lean above all, for all").

I think I'm kind of the opposite of you, in some ways. My upper body (especially back) tends to look more defined, even at relatively low muscle mass, because my upper body subcutaneous fat layer depletes nearly completely, earlier, while things below my ribcage, certainly through hips, have substantial squishiness/fat, and maybe farther down still has a decent subcutaneous fat blanket, too. My quads are reasonably strong, but legs tend to just look study rather than muscular. (Do I care? No. Just an observation. Do I lift? Not much, and rarely, even though that's not going to help any of this definition/mass stuff, of course. The routine 1000+ reps/hour, of body weight plus boat weight, has some benefits for strength and muscle, but lifting is the more efficient path on those fronts, of course. Maybe I'd have lovely legs, if I were better about lifting, instead. 😉 )

You look *great*. OK, I'll stop gushing! 🤐😆

Very true. I feel like my back just wants to hold onto fat 🤣🤣. Even when lean it's the most fatty part. Ah such is life.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member

ul944oyx29tj.png

w7657p8hkgh8.png.

I'd love if my lower body would catch up to my upper body, lol! I even work my lower body/glutes more than upper body, but like people have said, I believe genetics have a large part of where we carry our fat (even when not really "fat").

Even in high school when I was pretty much starving myself, BMI of 18.5 and exercising how women mostly exercised back in the 90's (I did Kathy Smith and Cher's step aerobic videos--no joke!), my thighs and butt were still pretty "sturdy." My best friend (who was amply-endowed in the chest but had muscular legs) and I used to joke we'd like to trade body parts.
  • WandRsmom
    Not to be a total bandwagoner, but your legs are amazing and I really like your sense of style.

Thank you! And I work in a clothing store. So that helps with style. 😁😁