50+ women getting ready for 2021!

Replies

• tinasorbara
    tinasorbara Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm new to MFP (started in October). Can I join too? I'll be 50 this July. I'd love some 50 something year old role models:). I lost 30 pounds this year and have another 30 or so to go.
  • Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 501 Member
    There is a youtube channel I like called "Hot and Flashy". I always thought that was such a great title, not sure if you can just copy something like that... but I think that could truly reflect us.
  • summi2704
    summi2704 Posts: 2 Member
    Please count me in. I would love to join you. I have put on so much weight during COVID restrictions. Can't weight to reshape my body.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Hello all! Count me in! I've used the app on and of for years and it always helps.... when I stick to it! Lost about 20 lbs about 3 1/2 years ago, kept it off for a year, and since then it just kept creeping up. I tend to have an "all or nothing" approach and am hoping to be more realistic and stay for long haul- not get derailed when I mess up. I've never had "friends" on this app, besides family but would like to start. The isolation of Covid is getting old! looking forward to 2021!
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    ******The Group has been formed. Please join! The name is Women over 50 Ready for 2021. click on the link or go to Community, then groups and search for Women over 50 Ready for 2021.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/139104-women-over-50-ready-for-2021

Hoping to make new friends and find inspiration.
  • sandypoint1267
    sandypoint1267 Posts: 15 Member
    newdoda wrote: »
    Oh, sandypoint1267, I forgot I read a GREAT book recently by Kate Deering How to Heal Your Metabolism, that has a wealth if info for anyone really but in particular thyroid and food. Just in case you are interestec.

• sandypoint1267
    sandypoint1267 Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks newdoda . I will look that up. Sounds interesting.
  • irobbinmay1
    irobbinmay1 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone! Joining in today. I’m going to be 65 this coming year and have a goal weight of 140. I’ve been on this weight lose journey since New Year’s Eve 2020. The first step was to cut out alcohol. What a difference that has made. Now the diet and exercise piece for 2021. Glad to join you all on this quest.
  • jacqui967
    jacqui967 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi I would love to be a part of the group! I am 53, and I have lost 56 lbs so far, but still a long way to go. Staying motivated is hard and I could use some help.
  • Joyfulandactive
    Joyfulandactive Posts: 111 Member
    Hi Guys!! I took a break for the holidays and then just totally fell off the wagon and forgot I was supposed to be taking care of myself oppps! I put on 5lb since I last logged in. Darn. Good news is I reached out to my sports club to get set up with a personal trainer who has experience with rehab after cancer and I should get that organized very soon. So...I am back at square one, but hopefully can lose as quickly as I gained (ha). So great to see so many of you active and on board for a FIT & HEALTHY 2021! I also got my first vaccine shot, so COVID will hopefully be in back mirror soon...
  • Sophia502020
    Sophia502020 Posts: 6 Member
    Hello all,
    51 in May. I have about 45lbs. to lose. my goal is to build muscle and be healthy. Feeling just awful after gaining all my weight back and I am also back on meds. which really bums me out. I am ready and determined to reach my goals would love to have more fit friends to support and encourage each other. My starting weight is 190.6 my goal is 145 or close too. I started lifting which I really love though I'm still somewhat of a newbie also, doing yoga and for cardio I walk or use my elliptical.
    Feel free to add me anyone :)
  • mommybod
    mommybod Posts: 3 Member
    Hi...back on My Fitness Pal! 51 years old and 180Lbs 5’ll .... menopause is killing me! I’m looking to lose 15 lbs!
    I’m on my Pelaton and strength train 4-5 times a week. Should I eat the exercise calories to lose weight? Seems counterproductive?
  • coachdeb13
    coachdeb13 Posts: 2 Member
    Just found this group. I've been on my current weight loss routine for 2 months. I've lost 21 pounds so far and need to lose another 30. I'm 53, 5'3, and currently 149 lbs. 2020 was no picnic plus the added fun of menopause. I had COVID back in August and it wiped me out. I ended up in the hospital twice but not with breathing issues. I left the hospital the second time determined to take control of my health. There is so little else that I can control, right? I am eating about 1400 calories a day (no sugar or refined flour and no red meat). I also walk an hour a day broken into morning and evening. On my morning walk, I throw in arms. It's dark at 5 AM so no one can see how crazy I must look. In the evening, my adult kids walk with me. They have moved back in post COVID. Continued success to all......
  • krisdukes03
    krisdukes03 Posts: 1 Member
    I'll be 51 in a few weeks. I need to lose weight, which will hopefully help with BP and cholesterol. Looking for support from other 50-somethings who are feeling a little lost on where to begin, and how to stick with it. I've got 3 kids (16, 14, 11) so I'm not really in a place to devote every day to me.
  • Lmdl62
    Lmdl62 Posts: 2 Member
    I looked into this app last week and found it interesting compared to WW. I also just found this group today. Hi, I'm Lynda and I am 58. I've been unemployed since last March due to the pandemic and have put more weight on instead of losing like I need to. I have PCOS, Asthma and Diabetes 2, chronic depression and anxiety. I live with my husband 9who is a hoarder) and have two boys 28 (dad to my 6yo granddaughter-They both turn a year older next month, March) and 21 (away for college). The last couple of weeks I have been having trouble with not going to bed until wee hours in the morning and binge eating.
  • SunSetTraveler
    SunSetTraveler Posts: 24 Member
    Hi..seems most of the people in this group are struggling with alot of the same issues so we get one another..my husband and son (who moved back home) can eat almost anything and not gain ..I have about 50 to lose my joints hurt and my bp and cholesterol are not good...plus they are in my genes so not going away..need to get a grip of my health..so what better day to start but Superbowl! 🏈
  • bsthorn1
    bsthorn1 Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2021
    Hello, I have a question, I'm new and need help setting my percentages on the goals setting. I am 68 , no exercise program, need to lose 50lbs. I'm in good health. Thank you for your help and tips.
  • mltobia316
    mltobia316 Posts: 13 Member
    Would love to join this group. Is there anything I need to do to join? It looks like I may be a little late to the game since this group started in November. I'll be 52 next month. Really need the support with about 80lbs to lose.
  • Giarose27
    Giarose27 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi. I just turned 50 and boy-o-boy I hear my mother’s voice shooting out of my mouth when she said your body changes in your 50’s. So with that said. I had lost 70lbs last year and with issues of a slipped disk that sits on my sciatic nerve where I have tried everything other then surgery. I find no relief. So in turn, I have gained the weight back plus some. Can’t live like this any longer. I have always been active... but I feel so defeated now . I had plenty of time feeling sorry for myself. So here I am trying again. Reading people’s journey on here sure has helped motivate me!
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Hello. I would like to join too. I am 63 years young. I am healthy but obese according to the charts. I need to lose at least 40 pounds. I love to cook and eat, I don’t like exercising and I am working and exhausted when I get home- so l have lots of challenges. I have been logging food for about 2 weeks with about a 5 day lapse. If losing weight is not something I am actively thinking about I just eat for no reason, almost unaware of what I am doing. I need to be accountable to someone.