Superbowl bump!

I got a 2 lb bump from Superbowl dinner with family. Two bowls of turkey chili with cheese and avocado, lots of corn bread, a few tortilla chips, two beers, and a few cookies. Nice!

Other years I would have blamed it on alcohol and salt, but the beers were "craft AF" (Athletic Brewing Co), the chips were low sodium, and the chili was home made, so basically it was just a ton of good food!

No regrets! Brady won!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,494 Member
    1lbs for me. But I'm sure that's from the carb load of chips I ate yesterday. Brady IS the GOAT and I'm a diehard Montana fan. But happy to hear Brady has always been a 9er fan.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    It was amazing to see Brady rule the game. I'm looking forward to some "quality time" in the bathroom followed by a good ride on the spin bike later today. Also, snow shoveling here in New England, USA. I'll use all those extra calories well!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited February 2021
    Lost weight (1#) on SB day.

Ate/drank no differently than on any other day, which is my habit.

Thought I didn't care who won the SB but, as a 70 yr old OG and SF Bay Area native (where Brady grew up), I couldn't help but root for him and the Bucs.

Was very happy w/the result. :)

Brady got the MVP but it should have gone to the defense that completely shut Mahomes & the Chiefs down which was something the 49ers couldnt do the yr before. :(
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,494 Member
    sgt1372 wrote: »

Thought I didn't care who won the SB but, as a 70 yr old OG and SF Bay Area native (where Brady grew up), I couldn't help but root for him and the Bucs.

Brady got the MVP but it should have gone to the defense that completely shut Mahomes & the Chiefs down which was something the 49ers couldnt do the yr before. :(
    Ugh. Don't remind me. Although if Bosa wasn't held on that long throw to Hill, it might have been a different turnout. I'm bitter about that one because we SHOULD have won if we could have gotten a couple of first downs in the last 6 minutes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Dropped some of it yesterday...
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    sgt1372 wrote: »

Totally agree. By the end of the game, Mahomes was running away, towards his own goal, after every snap. Hard to watch.

Romo laid out a stat that, if true, is just stunning. In 4 professional team sports (basketball, baseball, football and hockey), the Buccaneers have the all time lowest team win percentage, since inception. Brady has the highest all-time win percentage of any athlete in those same 4 sports, since inception.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    I got a couple of pounds bump over a two day period, Super Bowl induced. I'll be back below 110 pounds either by day's end or start of tomorrow, though.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    It's actually been a rather slow recovery for me. What the heck was in that chili? (Actually, it was delicious. My wife made it.)
  • Remigtonhill
    Remigtonhill Posts: 9 Member
    I got a 2 lb bump from Superbowl dinner with family. Two bowls of turkey chili with cheese and avocado, lots of corn bread, a few tortilla chips, two beers, and a few cookies. Nice!

Other years I would have blamed it on alcohol and salt, but the beers were "craft AF" (Athletic Brewing Co), the chips were low sodium, and the chili was home made, so basically it was just a ton of good food!

No regrets! Brady won!

That doesn't sound like 7,000 calories, and certainly not 7,000 calories above your TDEE. I'm guessing most of that 2 lb. bump is sodium-induced water retention/weight.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Hi @Remigtonhill. This is a hard year to keep the weight off, for sure. I had another bump from getting a cold (yes, a regular old cold) and I'm just seeing that disappear. That old-fashioned phrase "retaining water" seems to apply to me at times. The best remedy is jogging, apparently. My delta from yesterday morning is 1.8lbs due to a 5mile jog (and perhaps a good visit to the bathroom). I drank tons of fluid, but still dropped the weight. Nothing like a good jog!