Have you ever ___________?

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    I've met a few - no all ones that I 'really admired', but I do remember meeting/talking with Cheryl Ladd when I was a teen and thinking I was the luckiness person alive that day lol!

HYE been mistaken for a celebrity?
  • cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    Yes once long ago. It was sort of funny, I really didn't think we looked that much alike but I guess we had similar features.

HYE driven a motorcycle?
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,348 Member
    Nope

HYE driven a manual car (from what i understand it's rare in USA, here it's common)
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Yes, learned to drive and taught my kids to drive stick 😀

Have you ridden a motorcycle? 🏍️
  • cugogirl2017
    Elcee2020 wrote: »
    Yes once long ago. It was sort of funny, I really didn't think we looked that much alike but I guess we had similar features.
    Would you be so kind and say, who?😊

Oh yes of course it was singer Emmylou Harris. It was a funny story. It was many years ago and I was in college. I went out with my friends after work to a bar/food restaurant. I guess Emmylou Harris had come to our campus for a concert. I wasn't able to go because I had been at work and went to the restaurant with my friends after work. Some people came up to me and thought I was her, I told them I wasn't and they thought I was being a famous person that didn't want to be recognized. I really told them I wasn't her because I didn't want them to think they were being snubbed by a famous person. We often see ourselves differently than other people see us. I think I did feel flattered because I liked Emmylou's music.

No I haven't jet skied yet but I really want to.

HYE taken dance classes?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Have not been on a Jet ski.

Have you been sailing ⛵
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    I have not. I've been deep bay fishin though.

Have you ever seen a wild bear up close?
  • cugogirl2017
    Yes many times, black bears although most of them have been brown in color. We have had them on our driveway and on trails. I have found that if you let them be they will turn and walk away back into the trees. You should give them space. I encountered a mama bear and her two cubs right on my driveway near my house. I was with my dog. She looked over her shoulder at her cubs and they both scurried up one of our trees, then she did a mini charge (which is taking a couple of steps forward and stopping short and standing up) toward me. I spoke to her calmly and said, "Mama you take care of your cubs and I will bring my cub (dog) into our house". She studied me for a moment and I guided my dog away a little bit but I still had to pass her to get safely into my house. She watched me and when she was satisfied that I was only entering my home, she went back to her cubs that were still playing in the tree. I live in an area where we are all extremely careful of not putting our trash cans out until trash collection morning using bear proof containers etc. I have had many encounters and I keep a safe distance. Although it can be scary, they are majestic and I am really have a respect and awe of wildlife and I believe in protecting them for future generations. (Sorry for the long explanation.)

HYE seen a bear in the wild?
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    No

Have you ever hiked the Appalachian trail?

I have but not the whole thing.

Have you ever touched a live shark in the ocean?

• cugogirl2017
    No, not yet, I hope to do that it looks so beautiful.

HYE moved to a place and had to learn a new language?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    I havent

Have you had to communicate with someone at work who speaks a different language?
  • cugogirl2017
    Yes, almost every day. I am not fluent but I can speak Spanish.

HYE played a round of golf?
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Yes, not well though 🤷🏼‍♀️

HYE been on a sailboat?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Havent

Have you been on a Speed boat?
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Yes, I like going fast but not so much on water,
    scared me!

HYE visited another country?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Only Mexico 🇲🇽

Have you walked across the Border?

• Dannypuck
    Dannypuck Posts: 1,067 Member
    No and I've only been over the Canadian border

HYE been to Canada?
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    I'm here now

HYE hosted a friend's valentine's party?