What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    Cambodian beef lok lak with the traditional accompaniment of khmer lime and pepper sauce.
    qx8sywqr5awb.jpeg
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    AlettaJean wrote: »

Glad you are enjoying your aunts recipe.This looks a bit like a casserole my mom used to make with Fritos in it. I'd hate to guess the calorie hit of that one.

I think my mom said my great-aunt got hers from the back of a Doritos bag lol! I don’t make it often but sometimes it’s just the comfort food you need <3

• MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    @acpgee
    That Cambodian dish looks amazing!!! The David Thompson book is now on my wish list as well 😊
    Today was left over Strata, edamame, and cuc salad. Dinner was a sweet potato crusted ricotta and farro ‘sausage pizza’ (it is nothing like pizza, but it is tasty) with Jammie eggs, veggies and guacamole. The winner however was a variation on Well Plated by Erin’s Carrot-Apple muffin. It. Was. SO. Good!!!
    1mpwja06bwvz.jpeg
    qyayzz77tbpg.jpeg
    tm0y0eim68ny.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited February 2021
    Thai Pumpkin Curry soup with a "garnish" that is something like a gremolata using coconut milk, lime juice, cilantro, green onion, salt and toasted sesame oil. The garnish was so delicious I put it on the poached flounder. Also a mix of black and brown rice cooked in the leftover coconut milk and water to make up the difference and an avocado/grapefruit salad w/ponzu sauce.

pumpkin soup recipe: https://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/thai-curry-pumpkin-soup-with-a-coriander-swirl/12082/

x55glhrfqdq0.jpg

bs4oe83helaj.jpg

• acpgee
    Grilled pineapple and grilled red onion salad followed by pad thai.
    coe2rkjh8lhx.jpeg
  • MinTheKitCat
    Left overs lunch and farro lentil dish for dinner 😊
    oynv7u99na1r.jpeg
    qar3iu75b6pk.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Chicken baked w/gluten free flour and red curry spices. Butternut squash coated w/olive oil and the same red curry. Leftover black/brown rice from yesterday topped w/the leftover gremolata.

ma4sh2ob37uo.jpg
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Baked fish-Dentice. 8pl5rehjop3m.jpg
    tlo6q6om8h4k.jpg
    Cauliflower roasted.av1ot8cf92qy.jpg

😋!!

• acpgee
    Classic caesar because we had some leftover amchovy/garlic dressing from Alistair Little's recipe for Nicoise last weekend. Pan fried sea bass on a bed of tinned white haricot warmed up with frozen broad beans and leftover Carribean seafood boil sauce from a takeaway that we had in the freezer. Hack's gremolata of chopped parsley mixed with some vinaigrette. Garnish of parsley oil. We make herb oils whenever soft herbs such as parsley, mint, coriander or basil are on the verge of spoiling.
    4mhi1frhb88s.jpeg
    02lrp2ml1la2.jpeg
  • MinTheKitCat
    Salad with citrus, and eggs on toast 1mhf7aw0p1i6.jpeg

Then salad with tempeh, rocket soup (sharbot Jarjir?), and left over curried pot pie
    p839dgx3jkhl.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Pasta w grated zucchini, chopped mushrooms, cilantro, tomato sauce, EVOO, garlic, red pepper, black pepper, veg broth, white wine, and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.c0rbfsmnjd3g.jpg