I miss...

1515253545557»

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    All the Drive-in Movie "Theatres" and all of the greasy spoons that have shut down as a result of these chaotic times. My favorite restaurant in my hometown was a hole in the wall hot dog shop with greasy french fries, delicious breakfasts and coffee, and it was always packed. This was a thriving business but owner had a gambling addiction and gambled the business away a little over ten years ago. It was in business nearly 100 years, passed down from generation to generation.
  • LoveyChar
    Also, I miss all old sitcoms. Because having grown up in the 80's and 90's, I prefer to watch Cheers, Everybody Loves Raymond, Family Ties, Three's Company, and Roseanne....70's, 80's, 90's and I have yet to find much in the last two decades that I care for because "they just don't make 'em like that anymore..."
  • LoveyChar
    Lastly, I miss lack of choices because lack of choices brought everyone to the TV. If xyz was on at 7 pm and there weren't many other options then usually lack of choices brought everyone together.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    All the Drive-in Movie "Theatres" and all of the greasy spoons that have shut down as a result of these chaotic times. My favorite restaurant in my hometown was a hole in the wall hot dog shop with greasy french fries, delicious breakfasts and coffee, and it was always packed. This was a thriving business but owner had a gambling addiction and gambled the business away a little over ten years ago. It was in business nearly 100 years, passed down from generation to generation.

Why would a Drive-In close?
  • LoveyChar
    SwannySez wrote: »
    LoveyChar wrote: »

Why would a Drive-In close?

I'm not sure why. That one had nothing to do with anything current, though.
  • Peachesand_cream
    Peachesand_cream Posts: 594 Member
    esziu2d6y9ne.gif