My 200lbs + Weight Loss

noturningback_215
noturningback_215 Posts: 71 Member
edited February 2021 in Success Stories
Just wanted to share a new journey in my life i started just over 2 years ago and if it can hopefully motivate someone else then that would be fantastic. This began with me trying to regain my life back from the personal demons that I had been battling for quite some time. It got to the point that if I did not regain control of my life, I was probably going to die due to my health (morbid obesity - 389lbs, slightly enlarged heart, high blood pressure & pre-diabetic).

So, I began a journey to get my life, and more importantly, my health in order. I got connected with an amazing dietitian who not only educated me so much but held me accountable, which I greatly appreciate. I could not have gotten to this point without her help and support and logging my meals with myfitnesspal.

With all the ups and downs from last year, as well as 2 significant injuries that slowed my progress, I was finally able to reach my 200+ lbs weight loss goal – I currently weight 184. This was not done with surgery or medications but with a lot of hard work & dedication. Exercise and healthy eating became my life and lifestyle, and I am sold on it. I have embraced this lifestyle wholeheartedly and will never go back. I am truly enjoying life again and have never been healthier or happier than I am now. I know this is cliché but if you put your mind to it you can achieve anything.

jdwo0vsepeoz.jpg

4tvp4bpimgqe.jpg

mfeohiye5gpx.jpg

Replies

• Congratulations on your tremendously inspiring story! You look great! Here's to a new year, new you, health and happiness.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    Super well done!!
  • mel49e
    mel49e Posts: 8 Member
    amazeing well done mate . I have a long way to go but im sticking with it this time
  • lynneburgess714
    lynneburgess714 Posts: 84 Member
    Well done, awesome! You look so happy and healthy.
  • 142jmh
    142jmh Posts: 82 Member
    Amazing commitment and amazing work! Congratulations!!
  • AxBCecil
    AxBCecil Posts: 4 Member
    I am so infinitely impressed with your level of commitment and the consistency to stick with it! Thanks for sharing your incredible story with us, it inspires me to keep going. It is so encouraging to see what's possible :)
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Wonderful job! I'll bet you feel fantastic.
  • noturningback_215
    Congratulations on your tremendously inspiring story! You look great! Here's to a new year, new you, health and happiness.

Thank you!
  • noturningback_215
    Super well done!!

Thank you! 🙂
  • noturningback_215
    Zyvi wrote: »
    Congratulations :-)

Thank you! 🙂
  • noturningback_215
    mel49e wrote: »
    amazeing well done mate . I have a long way to go but im sticking with it this time

Thanks! Good luck!
  • FabulousApril82
    FabulousApril82 Posts: 13 Member
    Congratulations! Your story is motivational
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    What a difference! Did you emotionally eat or just a bad habit or what? Numb yourself, try to escape stuff, what? Or some people just like to eat. Food got to be such an obsession with me, I forgot there was other stuff to do besides eat. Found out there is much to enjoy in life besides eating, who knew? I thought it was my best friend but stabbed me in the back. Great job!
  • BreatheEasier
    BreatheEasier Posts: 2 Member
    WOW WOW WOW this is so inspiring to read. I'm just about to start on my own journey of trying to get from 300 to 130 or so, and feeling very confused about low carb versus just calorie counting (I'm also prediabetic). If you could share any insights as far as your nutritional approach, that would sure help me! Congratulations again, you must feel GREAT!
  • cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    Wow, absolutely incredible and inspirational. You look fantastic and so happy. So glad you shared this inspirational post. Wishing you a healthy, happy new year.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Amazing transformation!
  • InHimLin
    InHimLin Posts: 22 Member
    Well done. Truly an example of dedication. Congrats!!
  • kiran6002
    kiran6002 Posts: 52 Member
    Amazing well done 👍🏼
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!