What worked for you today?

Replies

• Rica20145
    Rica20145 Posts: 1 Member
    Chloe Tings 2020 Shred as well as Homemade Chicken Soup (W/egg noodles) & meditation music.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    sallykift wrote: »
    I changed the settings to show fibre as one of my key nutrients, rather than sodium.

I had noticed that I hardly ever get anywhere near my recommended daily amount of fibre.

By focussing on getting my fibre up without blowing my carbs/calories meant that I included significantly more plant based foods, like frozen peas, sweet potato and apples. As a result, I had meals that looked bigger on the plate, took longer to eat and I felt fuller afterwards.

I think this might be part of the key to weight loss for me.

I ended up in the same place by showing "potassium" as one of my key nutrients. It works really well! I focus so much on getting enough potassium in a day, that I have that same full plate and I don't seem to notice losing the refined carbs.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,070 Member
    A few things have really worked for me! I found a high fiber low carb tortilla that is 50 cal, and allows me to have tacos again. I put the meat with a bunch of veggies and no cheese, and enjoy. :) Another thing is the Built series of protein bars, preworkout gels and vitamin drinks - very tasty, very low sugar. And finally, I started sitting on an exercise ball. I don't feel so sluggish at the end of my workday.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    What worked for me is posting in this thread early in the day so that I'll feel accountable tonight when I want to watch Netflix and eat everything in the house :)
  • Staying busy around the house extra cleaning plus carrying my water gallon along really helped today. Keped my deficit till the end of my day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!