Yoga with Adriene fans

Replies

• skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Nice YWT flow today. The wheel practice and the tennis ball etc yesterday made my muscles all a little sore, so it was good to have a flow that was a little gentler.
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    hopnic7 wrote: »
    Yoga with Adriene is what gave me the confidence to do yoga in my own at home. She is so normal, that it makes you feel comfortable at any level. I try a different video every morning, but I definitely have my favorites. There are so many to choose from, you can always find one to fit your mood and level of motivation.

Agree! Even on days when I'm super busy I will squeeze in "wind down yoga" or something like that before bed. I really feel like she is there for me.
  • skinnyrev2b
    donidaily wrote: »

:D:D:D:D
    Awesome!

Managed to kink my left glute when out on a walk yesterday - the OH wanted to point out a bunny, and I twisted awkwardly. I took a look at YWT's next helping and thought "hum, I can't lift my left leg without a sharp intake of breath followed by an 'eek' of pain, so prob best I don't do his 'Yoga Flow including arm balances' today...
    In steps YWA's Yoga for hamstrings - ooooooo yes. Not only did it fix it, but she's just so-damn-nice - totally agree @hopnic7 ! Such a great pace, great explanations, giving so many alternatives and not bothering too much with props. No chatter in that vid either. :smile:
  • skinnyrev2b
    |Sooo - The one I missed yesterday? Yeah, a total killer. I think my arms might drop off now. Honestly. The girly model aka yoga teacher down the road is insanely flexible and strong. Ugh!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Yoga teacher was model again today. They seem to have this "who's more yogi" thing going on, with him calling out the proper names and her leaping into action, leaving me having to pause, work out where/how her body is positioned, getting into the pose and pressing play before he then compliments her, moves on to another pose. Stops, asks her a question about it, and only then gives alternatives to the previous pose. Yeah Yoga with Dim... you've got an audience to your romance...
  • donidaily
    Yoga teacher was model again today. They seem to have this "who's more yogi" thing going on, with him calling out the proper names and her leaping into action, leaving me having to pause, work out where/how her body is positioned, getting into the pose and pressing play before he then compliments her, moves on to another pose. Stops, asks her a question about it, and only then gives alternatives to the previous pose. Yeah Yoga with Dim... you've got an audience to your romance...

I wish there was a button for lol!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,251 Member
    Did Adriene's Shakti power flow - really good one - nice pace and good workout
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    I saw that there are other 30 day programs on her channel from previous years. Which did you like best?
  • tmbg1
    I saw that there are other 30 day programs on her channel from previous years. Which did you like best?

I've done all but Revolution, which I hear is the hardest. So far my 2 faves have been Camp and Breath. But honestly, they are all good!
  • tmbg1
    Today I did one called power yoga and it was sweaty! I also realized that I am not cut out for jumping jacks.
  • skinnyrev2b
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    I also realized that I am not cut out for jumping jacks.
    🤣🤣🤣 I'm with you there!
    I've not done any yoga for a few days after having my first Covid jab. Sore arm, flu symptoms etc... hopefully will feel with it enough tomorrow, as I'm missing it!
    Keep it up yogis 🙏

• donidaily

@spiriteagle99 I did Home last year and it was LOVELY. Would like to try others!
  • donidaily
    Lost a bit of my MFP mojo but still practicing with Adriene every day. I am doing the Breath calendar again for March, started today and it felt right.
  • tmbg1
    The March Move calendar is filled with great videos too. I'm going to do that one this month.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    The March Move calendar is filled with great videos too. I'm going to do that one this month.

Me too! Started this morning.
  • ChristineRoze
    ChristineRoze Posts: 212 Member
    I hope you don't mind me adding some of you as friends, as I've been following her for years and recently been doing daily yoga :)
  • tmbg1
    I hope you don't mind me adding some of you as friends, as I've been following her for years and recently been doing daily yoga :)

Sure! I do yoga every day too.
  • JAC581
    JAC581 Posts: 91 Member
    I just started Yoga with Adriene 10 days ago after having not done any yoga for a decade! I'm only really doing the beginners videos right now but am really enjoying pushing myself everyday. I feel like if I tried this with any other instructor I'd shut it right off. Plus there's Benji!