300+ club

Hi! I’ve tried losing weight a million times
and though I often lose a few pounds I always give up. I’m now over 300 pounds and I don’t want to quit again. It’s so hard for me to stay on track even though I am unhappy at my current weight. Please tell me I’m not alone! Anyone want to be friends on here and try to help motivate each other?

Replies

• dotteddice
    dotteddice Posts: 5 Member
    You're definitely not alone. Let's make this year the last year we're in the 300's. 😃
  • sleepymariie
    sleepymariie Posts: 3 Member
    Yes! We can do this!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    Hi! I’ve tried losing weight a million times
    and though I often lose a few pounds I always give up. I’m now over 300 pounds and I don’t want to quit again. It’s so hard for me to stay on track even though I am unhappy at my current weight. Please tell me I’m not alone! Anyone want to be friends on here and try to help motivate each other?

I'm not in the 300s, but mid 200s and have definitely had some difficulty over the last couple of years getting on with losing the weight again. This is a great supportive group for those with a lot to lose, very active - https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/133315-larger-losers
  • Machdude
    Machdude Posts: 136 Member
    You are definitely NOT ALONE! MFP is a great supportive community. We are all fighting our personal demons and having support is so much help. You can do this! Feel free to add me if you would like some support. I log on everyday and am finally getting close to my goal weight. Next step will be working out to tone a little.
  • robinhager3998
    robinhager3998 Posts: 45 Member
    You are definitely not alone! I’m in the same boat with you! We can certainly help each other one day at a time.
  • Kinnheidi
    Kinnheidi Posts: 7 Member
    Hey! Im not over 300 but Im over 270 and getting too close to the 3's. Still need to lose 100 lbs and definitely need some friends and motivation! I definitely know how you feel. Ive lost and gained so many times I really need to lose it all this time! This past year I gained over 40 lbs! UGH Feel free to add me! I just started this today...
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Officially, I started at just under 300 - 297, but I guarantee at some point I was over 300. I've lost 30 pounds and am starting to feel better - back doesn't hurt as much, putting on my shoes isn't a struggle, and walking up a flight of stairs is already getting easier.
    Keep moving, get a food scale and be truthful in your food diary. You can do it!
  • SweetMelissa2021
    SweetMelissa2021 Posts: 26 Member
    Girl, you’re not alone. I feel like everyone feels this way at least once in their life. It’s never too late to start over! You got all the support in the world, you got this!! 💪🙌💯
  • kathycy24
    kathycy24 Posts: 1 Member
    I am in the same situation. I just turned 59, and I have multiple weight related health problems. I hate the weight and want to turn my health around. I’ve come to understand that I don’t realize how much I eat. When I track my food and stay within my goals, I feel like I’m barely eating anything. I think my body is so used to a high calorie intake that it goes almost into shock when I restrict. Just trying to do what my doctor told me, which is very reasonable but, it’s like my body is fighting me! Ugh.
  • mgookin
    mgookin Posts: 92 Member
    You aren't alone. I started with Weight watchers at 347 January, and have lost 13 pounds, but I was unhappy with the way logging is, its not very consistent.

I've only been logging on here for the last 2-3 days. I plan on switching over to this full time once my WW membership is over. Ive used MFP in the past and had a lot of success, but usually around the 6 month mark I keep getting burnt out on logging and my couple day break usually ends up being a few years later 😅. Hoping to break that habit.