Slimfast challenge anyone???

Mommabrox6
Mommabrox6 Posts: 5 Member
I'm on day 4 of it. i have 15 lbs to lose to.reach my first goal. Send me a friend request I could use the continuous motivation and to do the same for others.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,457 Member
    I would encourage you NOT to do Slimfast because it teaches you NOTHING on how to actually control your actually EATING behavior. And eating behavior is how people get overweight in the first place.
    Unless you're willing to be on Slimfast for the rest of your life, the chances are HIGH that you will regain weight once you stop it due to liquid diets NOT being sustainable.
    Here on MFP, it's about counting calories. Regardless of what you eat. Weight loss is about calories in/calories out.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Mommabrox6
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I would encourage you NOT to do Slimfast because it teaches you NOTHING on how to actually control your actually EATING behavior. And eating behavior is how people get overweight in the first place.
    Unless you're willing to be on Slimfast for the rest of your life, the chances are HIGH that you will regain weight once you stop it due to liquid diets NOT being sustainable.
    Here on MFP, it's about counting calories. Regardless of what you eat. Weight loss is about calories in/calories out.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

No I'm doing it healthily 1600 to 1900 calories. I can't eat 1200 or I will starve since I am breastfeeding. So far I am losing nice and slow down from 174.8 to 174.2. I'm on day 4. I ad's a frozen banana to my shakes so they are more filling and lots of snacks and veggies and fruits and a balance of everything at my meals.
  • Mommabrox6
    edited February 2021
    174 now since I nursed the little one. But my other scale says 173.7 but I normally weigh eith the higher number one so will go with

When I started the slim fast plan last saturday I was 174.8 and now it's Tuesday and 174. Woohoo. Small victory but I will take it.

I have 4 Littles so being busy with them and on top of being a cow for a calf...yeah I can't do 1200 calories.. I found a way to do the slimfast plan but healthily why I am sticking with 1600 to 1900 calories.

• PixieKazza
    PixieKazza Posts: 48 Member
    Hi, I'm starting Slimfast next week, had some mixed responses to my post, mainly negative. How are you getting on with your Challenge @Mommabrox6 ?
  • ninerbuff
    Mommabrox6 wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

No I'm doing it healthily 1600 to 1900 calories. I can't eat 1200 or I will starve since I am breastfeeding. So far I am losing nice and slow down from 174.8 to 174.2. I'm on day 4. I ad's a frozen banana to my shakes so they are more filling and lots of snacks and veggies and fruits and a balance of everything at my meals.
    That wasn't my point. The first week or so of any liquid diet program, you'll lose water weight. Believe it or not, it comes back when you eat solid foods. But I digress. I offer advice from DECADES of training people who have done what you've done only to come back a year or 2 later with the same weight issues. Good luck.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    PixieKazza wrote: »
    Hi, I'm starting Slimfast next week, had some mixed responses to my post, mainly negative. How are you getting on with your Challenge @Mommabrox6 ?
    Lol, NOT negative. Just people with experience on how liquid diets work. It's NOT negative just because you're not hearing what you want to hear.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    I agree with Niner. Save your money. You can make a better protein shake yourself for less money, if that's what you really want to do. I'd eat real food if breast feeding and taking care of little kids. Did you talk to your doctor about this?
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    I have no weight to lose.
    I have no script to read.
    I have no sheep to follow.
    I have nothing to prove to you.
    I have no superiority complex (those are really inferiority complexes masked) to shove down your throat.

But what I do have is support to offer you... I could add that my mother was a very tiny person her entire life, still is, and she did drink Slim Fast. You do have my support! I wish you the very best!!!

This is the same thing I posted in the other Slim Fast thread and it holds true, although, I am not planning to participate in your challenge. Still again, I wish you the very best!!!
  • ninerbuff
    LoveyChar wrote: »

I have no superiority complex (those are really inferiority complexes masked) to shove down your throat.
    Actually has nothing to do with it. Mine is as a PROFESSIONAL in the business and it's my actual JOB. To offer advice for free based on 35+ years of watching people diet different ways and learning outcomes could matter to some. Not necessarily the OP, but a lot of people read these threads and might get some actual information for their own use.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Mommabrox6
    edited February 2021
    Mommabrox6 wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

That wasn't my point. The first week or so of any liquid diet program, you'll lose water weight. Believe it or not, it comes back when you eat solid foods. But I digress. I offer advice from DECADES of training people who have done what you've done only to come back a year or 2 later with the same weight issues. Good luck.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Who says I'm on a liquid diet? How on earth did you freeken get that? I am breastfeeding so I can't do a liquid diet because I am ravenous hungry. I am eating solids. Okay maybe I shouldn't call it the slim fast plan and I should call it a calorie deficit plan that works for me and I guess I added a shake in eith a slim meal bar because I like it and I balance it with other foods I like too..like burgers...pizza and fries. I ain't gonna do no freeken liquid diet. Did you not read what I wrote I am consuming 1600 to 1900 calories and this week I lost 1/2 a lb and it's Thursday and I am fine with it. I am feeling full and I don't feel deprived.

[edited by MFP Mods]
  • Mommabrox6
    PixieKazza wrote: »

I'm doing fine. This week the weight loss is slow with a half a pound but I am fine with that since a weight loss is something. How are you doing? Anyways so many "sorry not sorry" people on here if you know what I mean. Fack! I guess what you get on a public forum...
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    I'm using Slimfast to kick start weight loss.

I've put on weight over the past 12 months because I've been working from home which means less active and closer to the fridge...

I'm mostly just replacing breakfast with shakes, occasionally lunch too. I find them filling, and I find that I snack far less after having one than if I have my normal breakfast of porridge with berries or fruit with greek yoghurt, even though the calorie count is pretty similar.

I don't plan to stay on them forever, hopefully after a few weeks I'll have got out of the habit of snacking and will be able to go back to eating a proper breakfast.